Sign in to follow this  
Corsan

[Issue] Possible issue with Takeout.

I was searching for recipes using the lore system, and I found something using...

Spoiler

dough in a frypan

...but it said...

Spoiler

'Have you tried adding a fried meat?'

...so I tried using some old legacy meat, and fried it up and threw it in there, and it gave '[06:35:49] The items inside do not make any known recipe.'. So I thought maybe it was just because I used the old legacy meat, and tried frying up a couple others...still nothing.
I ended up using process of elimination/fried up a bunch of various meats...and was able to get

Spoiler

Fried Canine Meat

...to function, but the lore leading to this seems to be broken. May need some adjustment/fixing.

Even the recipe is showing any meat can function...but I tried it after, and still not functional with other meat.

Found another possible broken one.

Spoiler

Plate - Fried meat (Doesn't seem to matter which fried meat, but I used Fried Steak, Beef) + Bread (Any? I used barley) + Pickle (The system seems to consider any pickled veg as a 'pickle' but this one won't pull up anything with any pickled versions I've put in...so it needs some specific pickled veg...probably why I was having troubles with this recipe in the past. Lore doesn't specify which.)

I suspect "canine" meat may have been a little dev humor about asian food though they probably should fix that before it turns into an issue, to include all fried meats. (Yes, it's actually an offensive "joke")

For the "pickle," I would def try cucumber if you have not already, even if other recipes allow any pickled veg.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I did try cucumber, plus quite a few others, as I'd previously come across this combination...but it left me stumped. Even spent half an hour or so reading how-to's on making pickles IRL to see if it could give me some insight into it. But then I noticed the system uses 'pickles' as a sub-heading in another recipe...and it had a few of the ones I'd previously made listed in there. I just gave up after that first attempt and had forgotten about the combination, but I found it again and figured I'd include it in this report, since it basically could be any of the massive pile of veggies...most of which can be pickled. I'm not checking every single one...

I even tried...

Spoiler

pickled ginger

...which is a recipe of it's own that leads to a small pile of other recipes...

The lore system on here is very strange/not helpful on some of these. There are a few I stumbled across totally by accident...and some that I can't figure out for the life of me.

2 hours ago, Corsan said:

I did try cucumber, plus quite a few others, as I'd previously come across this combination...but it left me stumped. Even spent half an hour or so reading how-to's on making pickles IRL to see if it could give me some insight into it. But then I noticed the system uses 'pickles' as a sub-heading in another recipe...and it had a few of the ones I'd previously made listed in there. I just gave up after that first attempt and had forgotten about the combination, but I found it again and figured I'd include it in this report, since it basically could be any of the massive pile of veggies...most of which can be pickled. I'm not checking every single one...

I even tried...

Hide contents

pickled ginger

...which is a recipe of it's own that leads to a small pile of other recipes...

The lore system on here is very strange/not helpful on some of these. There are a few I stumbled across totally by accident...and some that I can't figure out for the life of me.

The pickled veggie you need to use is

Spoiler

pickled onion

As brought to my attention by another player in CA Help, Lore was suggesting that 'fried meat' be added to ingrediants already in a frying pan but when he added fried meat, insect, it was saying no food would be created in Lore after that particular fried meat was added.

I'll not list all the secondary ingrediants to preserve the mystery of the Takeout recipe itself, but working with the same ingrediants in the same tool (frying pan) myself I was able to duplicate his situation.and determine the cause.

It turns out that adding 'fried meat, canine', DOES create a new recipe, specifically 'Takeout', but when 'fried meat, insect', or 'fried meat, feline' is added no recipe is able to be created.  All the other ingrediants necessary for 'Takeout' were already in the frying pan so it was just the suggestion for general 'fried meat' was in error.

Apparently the 'fried meat' actually is limited to certain specific fried meats to correctly produce the recipe for 'Takeout', despite what Lore suggested.

It looks like Lore mechanic needs to be changed for Takeout to specifically suggest one of the specific fried meats that will work, such as 'fried meat, canine'.

The same is true for some other recipes as well. I always thought it was intentional, to let the player experiment with different types of ingredients.

@Tristanc  I do have this opened up as an issue with the devs.  While it's not really a bug, it can get frustrating.  Just wanted you to know that it's already on the list.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2017 at 2:54 PM, Alectrys said:

@Tristanc  I do have this opened up as an issue with the devs.  While it's not really a bug, it can get frustrating.  Just wanted you to know that it's already on the list.

Yes, it can get very frustrating....