Sign in to follow this  
Czar

Does enchanted grass ever spawn naturally

To settle an argument. We have tiles popping up in places where no one we know of can get to. Does it spawn during a valrei storm perhaps? Or just a weird player who hides well...

No, it does not spawn naturally. Only way to create enchanted grass is by using the 'Enchant' ability from the Path of Love on a normal grass tile.

• Like 1

That's what I'm inclined to believe too. Yet... all over affliction we have random patches, middle of thick forests, nowhere near deeds, current or ruined. I guess it's still likely some deranged player is doing it, but it is rather odd.

i used to do it on deli when I wasnt using it for my deed.

Its all player-generated.

The random patches are probably from abandoned and decayed settlements that have vanished into the greenery.

Even with the (fairly recently added) decay on enchanted grass tiles, they can still last a very long time.

there used to be a tile bug when new elevation started that rolf had to go around and fix by making them into enchanted tiles

The New Affliction map had a number of holes af release that were patched with enchanted grass too, which explains some, but perhaps not all of those.

Generally single tiles might be patched tiles, where areas of enchanted grass tend to be old deeds that have long ago decayed, there are also a few 'accidental' enchanted trees and tiles scattered around from misclicks...

I used to enchanted a tile for my horse when i had to log out in the wild, not that I have ever played Epic but maybe some are from people doing that too