Sign in to follow this  
EarthsDefect

glimmersteel and adamantite ore how to remove!

The title says it all, I want to remove glimmersteel and adamantite from my map without deleting or remaking the cave.map. I dont want to delete my players mines.. please someone help!

theres a force set as rock method somewhere in there, you could make a chat command mod to call that method and scan over the whole map once for ada/glimmer veins, and when found set them to rock

• Like 1

It might be possible to make a simple script-runner mod for servermodlanucher to fix this if their isn't a built-in command.

Server.caveMesh.getData() will return an giant array of integers and its public.

For each integer here is how that integer is divided up: TTCCHHHH; where h is the elevation, T is the tile type, and C is the ceiling offset from the floor.

This is java form but it wouldn't be too hard to swap it over to javascript and run it in the onServerStarted folder.

int[] tileDatas = Server.caveMesh.getData();
for (int i = 0; i > tileDatas.length; i++){
	// go through the integers in data.

int height = tileDatas[i] & 0xFFFF;
	int ceiling = (tileDatas[i] >> 16) & 0xFF;
	int type = (tileDatas[i] >> 24) & 0xFF;
	// unpack the values from the integer

if (type == ??? || type == ???){
		type = 202; // TILE_TYPE_CAVE_WALL = 202;
	}
	// If a tile type is glimmersteel and adamantite change it to cave rock wall.
	// There is code in server that converts cave wall hits to 50 if it's greater then this. 
	// There is no need to mess with the resources mesh.

tileDatas[i] = ((type & 0xFF) << 24) + ((ceiling & 0xFF) << 16) + (height & 0xFFFF);
	//repackage the values back into the integer and update the data array entry
}

• Like 1

I won't make this as a mod. It's not that I don't want to help. It just that messing with mesh files is potentially catastrophic. I can just see myself making some silly bit-wise logic error, and as a result, you ending up having to re-roll your whole server.

How about you try using the moon metal mod and set the cap for special veins to 1?