Sign in to follow this  
TheShawv

[Fixed] Cart bug

When i disembark and try and reembark the cart feezes and will not move. I have to log out for Lotime and return to get it to work again. Unhitching the horses and rehitching them does not work. Sometimes the game freezes and I cannot even disembark, i have to relog only to find out I have to log out again for lotime. A gm came by and had me relog for lotime and said, see its fixed, seriously? its not fixed its a bug and needs fixed

This is a fairly common and known bug that occasionally occurs when embarking on carts or ships. It's mostly caused by an unstable connection but not 100% sure what exactly is the cause and why it only happens sometimes.

This seems somewhat reproducible when commanding a ship, disembarking on a targeted paved tile, and reembarking the ship. Logout, log back in and the ship won't move correctly. Moor the ship and wait a while and then raise anchor and everything seems to go back to normal. It's almost as though there's some weird issue between client/server updating the location.

Sometimes if you disembark like I just said, reembark like I just said and start sailing, autorun won't function correctly. In fact pushing the W key or autorun will even disembark you repeatedly from the ship.

If you disembark and try to right-click to do actions on the ship and it'll say Too far away. If you relog and you can still get the same issue until you moor that ship again and wait a while. Then things go back to normal. It's really odd.

I'm not so sure it's an unstable connection causing the problem because right-clicking the menu while all this is happening for me at least, did not say "Refreshing..." or show that I had any lag whatsoever. The issue is deeper I think.

This is probably going to need some debugging playing with everything I just said above and trying to make the bug happen to see what the debugging results show.

Edited by Neville

had it happen 12 times in one hour today, on top of java crashes about the same amount. Getting really old fast.