Sign in to follow this  
Ignacius

Renaming kingdom?

Custom dedicated server, with Home Server set to 1 and kingdom ID set to 4 (Freedom Isles). Everything works great! I am curious, however... I was exploring possible ways to just outright rename "Freedom Isles" to something else, for the server's kingdom. I poked around the wurmzones.db SQLite database and located the KINGDOMS table.

"1"    "0"    "no known kingdom"    ""    "0"    ""    "none"    "Unknown"    "Unknown"    "0"    "0"
"2"    "1"    "Jenn-Kellon"    ""    "1"    "jenn."    "Jenn-Kellon"    "Noble"    "Protectors"    "1"    "0"
"3"    "2"    "Mol Rehan"    ""    "2"    "molr."    "Mol Rehan"    "Fire"    "Gold"    "1"    "0"
"4"    "3"    "Horde of the Summoned"    ""    "3"    "hots."    "HOTS"    "Hate"    "Vengeance"    "1"    "0"
"5"    "4"    "Freedom Isles"    ""    "4"    "free."    "Freedom"    "Peaceful"    "Friendly"    "1"    "0"

I considered the possibility that I could just change the values in that table, but I wanted to see if anyone else knew if doing so would cause issues, especially in the long-term. Things I might not think of when playing by myself, not exploring every bit of content in the process, etc. Would it be so simple as to change the KINGDOMNAME value (and the SUFFIX, CHATNAME, FIRSTMOTTO, SECONDMOTTO values applicably) or does anyone know if anythings will break by doing so?

Thank you in advance!

Don't change the first number, everything else you can change. You can also add more kingdoms.