Sign in to follow this  
Grumpysmith

18 Month Epic Libila Player Experience Forecast

17 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

but does blh not have any grass left?

If you take a look at this map you can easily see the amount of grass that affliction has left.  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6J_aGQ6URL8VDd0cVlkYzZHdXc 

Basically small islands offshore of the main areas.  And myc is slowly approaching these areas through the water.  Some mountain tops are likely safe from myc.  But, honestly there is not enough grass left to support a large foraging effort.  I keep a couple hundred tiles at my deed foragable by constantly absorbing the myc as it encroaches. 

I have never claimed that you got a free ride.  Or, that you haven't organized to be able to do missions quickly.  Something that BL needs to do.  At one point, each of the two kingdoms, and that group of illegitimate children that follow Liblia had our gods.  Each god got different spells and powers.  Each had their strengths and weaknesses - balanced for their purpose.  Now, WL has all gods and all spells and all powers available to them, save one.  It must be assumed that when a priest seeks to move a god in a given direction, the god listens to followers and priests with more favor than someone from another religion.  So WL can control all gods better than BL,

If we work hard and win godhood we have to switch to WL in order to play our priest.  We are not asking for favoritism, a free ride, or anything other than a reasonably level playing field.

In all honesty, if the Devs and Retro had said: "Black Light has never been able to promote a player to godhood, that is why you don't have a player god available to you".  I would have had to accept that, Wouldn't have liked it, but would have had to accept that.  But saying, you don't get anything but Lib because of Lore!  That is laughable and inexcusable.

• Like 2

Give us underground buildings and we'll spend the next 12 months making huge underground dwarf deeds and forget about the nerfs for a while.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Czar said:

Give us underground buildings and we'll spend the next 12 months making huge underground dwarf deeds and forget about the nerfs for a while.

+1 for literally being driven underground into hiding from the raiders who come to kill us over the next year while we are without heals 

To be fair in regards to missions I do not agree that you are at a disadvantage for the following reasons as have already been mentioned:

Your island on elevation is not void of grass thus not a huge journey to go forage

Dk76FtX.png

Elevation is dead its not even 'unsafe' to go and pick through this grass, it can be done at any time and ahead of time in preparation for missions, WLers dont even want to do it most of the time so they often get left to expire also. So this point is not valid IMO, even if you were to say 'but its not the server I live on' this wouldn't make it any more valid either due to the fact that since the system was changed people have to travel between Ele and home a lot more frequently to do missions. It's literally a 2 min walk from the portal to grass and I would find it hard to believe there isn't a deed close by that you cant get a horse from, even if you cant get one we used to keep a horse tame in glitter as a non agro stays tame and offline for up to two weeks just have to remember to go top up the tame level before you lose it.

The other point was reveal creatures and as Gary said this was never a wide spread commodity. Most people who have priests are deed sitting casters that cant even ride a horse it was only really mains that could go out and do it but now we have runes and they are available to everyone. That everyone includes BL, yes I know you haven't done your home rift since the first one but that still isn't really a valid point, as Gary also said no one would even see you sneak to the Elevation rift and take hearts home to Affliction.

It comes down to how much you want something and what you are prepared to do, the playing field isn't unfair for any kingdom in Valrei anymore, everyone has the same issues. I would actually argue that it is easier for BL at this point in time solely based on number of active players.

4 hours ago, SmeJack said:

we have runes and they are available to everyone

As we haven't had the players to do the Rifts (until very recently), I have no experience with Runes.  But from reading Wiki it seems that only Vyn can do Reveal Creature Runes.  Libila doesn't get that option.

The last time we tried to do a Rift (about a month ago I think), MR brought over 10 players, including 3 champs to try and ambush us.  I don't believe that your spies are any less active today then they have been in the past.  A bunch of noobs playing the foraging lottery game would make a bunch of nice points for your champs.  That would be reason enough for MR to log in.

And if one of us should actually reach godhood I expect that MR would welcome them with open arms so that the BL player could play their WL priest without having to mess with   anti spy measures and actually have them on deed without the guards trying to kill them all the time.

So to sum up MR & JK each have 8 gods to choose from along with their spells and passives to choose from.  BL as 1 with no passives - Yeah that's fair.

MR & JK can walk out their front door and start foraging and they can do it a little bit at a time and store stuff.  BLH  has to -  Ah never mind your right it's all fair and equal.

• Like 1

Anyone can make any rune

I wasn't on during that encounter I have no idea what happened but one ambush doesn't mean give up and you can do a rift with two people you don't need a lot.

The rest I have no idea what you are trying to say sorry but which priests have what spells has nothing to do with being able to compete in valrei

Edit: im pretty sure you can get to that grass on elevation before Rage can get anywhere from his deed not to mention people who live in deserts or other awkward places

I need to get to work right now, but answer me this.  If I play the game and I become a god like you did do I get to play him as Black Light?  The answer to that is NO!  According to the Dev's BL can only have Lib.  So what is the point, the end game, of playing the Game of the Gods from a Black Light perspective?

Ive been clear that i fully support free access to player gods by BL and have been trying for years to get that changed, im trying to help you on the mission points of discussion here.

I also need to sleep so here is a deal for you to consider...

I will organise delivery of enough rift hearts for you to complete the current wave, saving all of you the trouble of venturing out of your comfort zone. Using this you can open the next wave and gather enough hearts and get home before any enemy has time to react if this is what troubles you, then at your leisure the next wave can be closed without warning also. In exchange for this all i ask is for some attitude changes, try to calm down and use rational thought before the feelings of persecution and disadvantage in terms of scenario competitivness take hold of you (you being BL in general). Every kingdom really does have the same chances and opportunity as each other, the only difference is how the players respond to them. Every kingdom has the players that wont go out of their way yet seize the opportunity for quick easy points to win and every kingdom has players who will go the extra mile. More of the former type than the latter is what makes or breaks... hopefully we will see some positive changes for this problem.

Anyway, my offer is there if i can help you guys feel better

Also, your end game is winning tomes to be viable in pvp i thought? At least thats the angle given in some other thread

• Like 1

Tomes viable in pvp?

Oh gawds the rage and QQ...

On 14/03/2017 at 5:02 PM, MrGARY said:

bl is the most highly populated atm, or maybe it's just lorenas alts that i hear people talk about

Let me just get my calculator.

/who - rotabs bot - lorenas alts - MR spies in alliance (where did you hear about that hmmmmm) - priests...

... calculating...

There are 3 real players on affliction.

Yep, still the most populated hehe.

I'm in the same deed as Lorena and didn't even know he had alts haha. Those spies must be in deep 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Czar said:

where did you hear about that hmmmmm

i mean, former vd, who were also previously bl, who also talk to people currently in bl mentioned it, and lorena joins irc on alts/main and talked about sermons/pasting sermon lines

but you might want to check your own kingdom members, the day mr went to blh I was told siligon was the one that told mr bl was gonna do their rift because he was mad bl does nothing on ele

38 minutes ago, LorenaMontana said:

hueh i spam a lot when drunk, i chat with people not with kingdoms

Tis true. Back when I played on Epic/Elevation I can recall having at least two or three conversations with you where you matched that description!

o/

Edited by Nappy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, SmeJack said:

Ive been clear that i fully support free access to player gods by BL and have been trying for years to get that changed, im trying to help you on the mission points of discussion here.

I also need to sleep so here is a deal for you to consider...

I will organise delivery of enough rift hearts for you to complete the current wave, saving all of you the trouble of venturing out of your comfort zone. Using this you can open the next wave and gather enough hearts and get home before any enemy has time to react if this is what troubles you, then at your leisure the next wave can be closed without warning also. In exchange for this all i ask is for some attitude changes, try to calm down and use rational thought before the feelings of persecution and disadvantage in terms of scenario competitivness take hold of you (you being BL in general). Every kingdom really does have the same chances and opportunity as each other, the only difference is how the players respond to them. Every kingdom has the players that wont go out of their way yet seize the opportunity for quick easy points to win and every kingdom has players who will go the extra mile. More of the former type than the latter is what makes or breaks... hopefully we will see some positive changes for this problem.

Anyway, my offer is there if i can help you guys feel better

Also, your end game is winning tomes to be viable in pvp i thought? At least thats the angle given in some other thread.

Very professional response.

Just enough salt.

You guys need to relax and stop being so paranoid lol

• Like 1

Its not paranoia if they are really out to get you! :ph34r: