Sign in to follow this  
Grumpysmith

18 Month Epic Libila Player Experience Forecast

In reading the Official Responses from the Dev. Team, I have gathered that:

1. We know the current stituation is unfair.

2. The current situation will continue until we have developed the Perfect Solution in 6 months or so.

3.  At the point the Perfect Solution is completed we will release it and all will be Balanced and Fair.

Therefore, my forcast for my game play is:

1.  For the next 9-18 months I can expect to see fewer and fewer Lib Players.

2.  During that time period I can expect to continue to receive continued deliveries of Terraforming events as I can't compete competitively in the Valrei Game and there is no point anyway.

3.  During that same period I can expect that my enemies will continue to accumulate Tomes and special armor materials unapposed, as well as add more WL & BL Player Gods to their menagerie.

4.  At some point in that time period the Balanced and Fair system will be released.  I will be told that all is good now.  The fact that my enemies have had several years of unapposed play is irrelevant get out there and compete.  As a special reward we will provide you with a new New Affliction to rebuild your deeds on because the New Affliction looks more like a moonscape than Old Affliction.

Wargame: "A strange game, the only winning move is to not play."

• Like 11

Well, you're close in the sense that we know it's got issues, and we will work on improving that and addressing key issues epic faces as a whole.

The extreme terraforming events will be removed in the next update actually, and we'll continue to be looking at improving the valrei system including loot and how it works.

• Like 1

its all fine and dandy saying that you will fix it, you admit it needs changing yet we see cooking changes released, all these terrible runes additions (specifically the boat ones) which completely imbalance the PvP aspects. Lets not mention the ungodly amount of bugs that have been in for years and not fixed.. Sure, there is a freedom side but you don't even care to regard the effects of what a change for freedom will do to epic, and you still implement it. The cooking changes for epic didnt mean ######, just harder to make bread lmao, meals are the same basically so who even cares.

You have very poor priorities, and as a customer who pays to play this game it is rather dissapointing. Stop talking and do something about it.

#makewurmlikeitwasin2012again

Edited by Woodman
added some logic

People in both pve and pvp whine about slow ship speeds for years, and now someone is saying they're going too fast? :blink:

• Like 2

wtf leave sunkist out of this, i support bl gettin some fixes but this is too far man

1 hour ago, Grumpysmith said:

1.  For the next 9-18 months I can expect to see fewer and fewer Lib Players.

2.  During that time period I can expect to continue to receive continued deliveries of Terraforming events as I can't compete competitively in the Valrei Game and there is no point anyway.

3.  During that same period I can expect that my enemies will continue to accumulate Tomes and special armor materials unapposed, as well as add more WL & BL Player Gods to their menagerie.

bl is the most highly populated atm, or maybe it's just lorenas alts that i hear people talk about, but quitting over lack of change and complaining about enemy gaining from it is your own fault tbh.  theres only a few turbonerds left on mrh and the rest of us haven't done much with missions for a long time unless mag's able to win so should be just as easy for bl to "farm tomes"  edit: and I saw somewhere someone complained about blh rift, do ele rift and get 20 hearts?  you don't even have to finish a wave for that and no one will know you're even there

Edited by MrGARY

4 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

wtf leave sunkist out of this, i support bl gettin some fixes but this is too far man

bl is the most highly populated atm, or maybe it's just lorenas alts that i hear people talk about, but quitting over lack of change and complaining about enemy gaining from it is your own fault tbh.  theres only a few turbonerds left on mrh and the rest of us haven't done much with missions for a long time unless mag's able to win so should be just as easy for bl to "farm tomes"

There upset that they have 1 single spell in the entire game that wl can not use, while WL has 1 single spell in the entire game that wl can not use. Seems fair and worth waiting to balance.

WL-exclusive spells BL- exclusive spells
    Aura of Shared Pain
    Bearpaws
    Charm animal
    Circle of Cunning
    Courier
    Cure light
    Cure medium
    Cure serious
    Dirt (spell)
    Dominate
    Excel
    Fire pillar
    Fireheart
    Flaming aura
    Fo's Touch
    Forest giant strength
    Frantic charge
    Frostbrand
    Genesis
    Goat shape
    Heal
    Holy Crop
    Humid drizzle
    Ice pillar
    Life transfer
    Light of Fo
    Light token
    Lurker in the deep
    Lurker in the woods
    Magranon's shield
    Mass stamina
    Mend
    Mind stealer
    Mole senses
    Morning fog
    Nimbleness
    Oakshell
    Opulence
    Refresh (spell)
    Reveal creatures
    Reveal settlements
    Rite of Spring
    Ritual of Fog
    Ritual of the Sun
    Shard of Ice
    Sixth sense
    Smite
    Sunder
    Tentacles
    Tornado
    Venom
    Vessel
    Vynora's Hand
    Ward
    Wild growth
    Willowspine
    Wind of Ages
    Wisdom of Vynora
    Wrath of Magranon (spell)
    Rebirth

Edited by Darklords

What is wrong with ship speeds? 

Anyone can imp your boat to a high ql and add a rune, its a feature everyone has access too, unlike priest spells.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JakeRivers said:

Anyone can imp your boat to a high ql and add a rune, its a feature everyone has access too, unlike priest spells.

MORE SUNKIST WASTED

AHHHHHHHHHHH

1 minute ago, JakeRivers said:

theyre referring to the bugged passenger speed exploit that was recently used against bl i think

also when rift ###### was added the devs kept saying all the items would be cosmetic only on pvp, and that there wouldnt be any of the buff effects like speed runes to unbalance ######

Edited by Alexgopen

Meh such exploits are irrelevant as they are by their very definition unintended behavior.

Balance is commonly used to refer to regular gameplay behavior, and more specifically gameplay thats available to unique factions.

Heck even then there's no faction limit on such exploits.

Everyone has access to the speed runes. How is that not balanced? Now if say only BL could use speed runes, then sure let the QQ commence.

Edited by Klaa

Ah well the speed bug on boats is not a feature but a bug that can be exploited, and well speed runes on boats I imagine was overlooked for pvp play, but on freedom/chaos easy enough to get, no idea for the epic folks though.

why is valrei a thing

why are runes a thing

why are random spell lists a thing

why are any of these things that you are talking about

a thing

• Like 7

Just now, Oreo said:

why is valrei a thing

why are runes a thing

why are random spell lists a thing

why are any of these things that you are talking about

a thing

More of a concept than a thing but lets not drag Plato into this.

how are they a concept

if they are actually in the game

Is the flame a thing or a metaphor for an idea?

Things can have concepts inside them. Happens all the time.

1 minute ago, Oreo said:

so they are a thing?

Nope. Flickers in the darkness

First I would like to request that the discussion regarding ship speeds have it's own discussion.  That is not a BL Libila problem, that is a seperate issue.

Secondly, the issue surrounding inability to effectively pursue the Valrei game effectively are from my perspective twofold:

1. Any of the foraging missions simply cannot be done in a timely matter due to myc having to be first removed and then wait for 24 hours to have a chance at foraging or botonizing.  Some of that can now be done via planting of herbs, but not all.

2.  Finding traitors is the second issue.  Without reveal creatures it is very difficult to find a specific creature in many of the wooded or mountainous areas.  We spent literaly days of manhours looking for some of the traitors.  I have two accounts that are POK and I can check an area of 50 tiles once every 18 hours  on each toon. But most people have POI as their meditation path, like I do on two of my other accounts.  

So in order to become more competitive I restarted an account that I was going to make Tosiek specifically for the repeatable (40 sec cast time) reveal creatures spell.  But now I can't and stay within game rules.  I have some ability to move members of BL to do things like stockpile various supplies for making things for some of the missions.  But there is no point when you always have those missions that require finding traitors, or foraging a specific item that can't be foraged.  Where you end up having to wait out the move time and hopefully a better mission.  WL has none of those issues with endless green grass and limitless spells.

• Like 2

Just now, Klaa said:

Nope. Flickers in the darkness

oh ok thanks

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Well, you're close in the sense that we know it's got issues, and we will work on improving that and addressing key issues epic faces as a whole.

The extreme terraforming events will be removed in the next update actually, and we'll continue to be looking at improving the valrei system including loot and how it works.

No, he nailed it.

Stop looking and start doing, it's already way too late but you might actually manage to hang on to a few stragglers on their way out the door if you show them something instead of empty promises.

• Like 3

Aye personally I have felt Myc should have foraging/botanizing, perhaps even have certain item probabilities skewed. For example finding mushrooms.

Large scale foraging missions can also be limited to what planters can grow.

tbh epic is in such a state that a full reset may be the only option, skills and all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

tbh epic is in such a state that a full reset may be the only option, skills and all.

I cannot disagree with you there.  But it won't happen.  There are too many people who have monetized their accounts.  My understanding is that the original concept was for epic to be reset every couple of years.  

But that discussion is really a separate debate.

12 minutes ago, Grumpysmith said:

My understanding is that the original concept was for epic to be reset every couple of years.  

It was barely part of the concept during the planning stages and was quickly dropped. Was brought up to gauge player reactions to full resets, map resets, etc. Much of the original Epic concept was far more draconic than the current implementation.

Overall though imho, a reset will do jack#### to fix anything. Even assuming all of the exploits were patched and the code was 100% bug free, there's still one vital factor that would survive: the playerbase or rather the more toxic elements.

Sadly seen it all play out before. No wild conjecture or wishful thinking required.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Grumpysmith said:

1. Any of the foraging missions simply cannot be done in a timely matter due to myc having to be first removed and then wait for 24 hours to have a chance at foraging or botonizing.  Some of that can now be done via planting of herbs, but not all.

2.  Finding traitors is the second issue.  Without reveal creatures it is very difficult to find a specific creature in many of the wooded or mountainous areas.  We spent literaly days of manhours looking for some of the traitors.  I have two accounts that are POK and I can check an area of 50 tiles once every 18 hours  on each toon. But most people have POI as their meditation path, like I do on two of my other accounts.  

So in order to become more competitive I restarted an account that I was going to make Tosiek specifically for the repeatable (40 sec cast time) reveal creatures spell.  But now I can't and stay within game rules.  I have some ability to move members of BL to do things like stockpile various supplies for making things for some of the missions.  But there is no point when you always have those missions that require finding traitors, or foraging a specific item that can't be foraged.  Where you end up having to wait out the move time and hopefully a better mission.  WL has none of those issues with endless green grass and limitless spells.

1. I don't personally think it would be an issue to allow myc to be forage/botanized and infected trees/bushes harvestable (and allow bees on myc lol), but does blh not have any grass left? and elevation has a ton of grass.  Don't forget the mass myc spreading was done by players casting rite of death fully knowing the issues when blh got a new map

2. tbh a lot of us that have done missions for years pre-player gods know what it's like, it used to be only vyn having it and not many were vyn mains and casting alts never really went anywhere. but things were done and while it's not the best answer, bl could go grab 20 hearts from ele rift, kick start blh rift, get rifts going and gather rift materials and make runes that cast reveal creatures.  Best option would be to allow base hots to be player gods, but yeah, there are options at least if people really want to win.  it sucks, but everyone else didnt get a free ride always like people seem to claim

• Like 2