Sign in to follow this  
Attenia

Are there still conditioned pheasants around?

Someone mentioned to me that pheasants used to spawn with conditions, which I didn't know until now. Some people have kept conditioned dogs and deer alive over the years - I've seen champions of both, as well as slow and hardened dogs, all cared for, obviously. Does anyone know if any of the conditioned pheasants have been saved? Perhaps there is still a champion pheasant out there somewhere?

I don't think pheasants have ever spawned from lairs, or with conditions. All conditioned animals spawn from lairs. 

I used to raise Champion Dogs & Champion Deer but I was told their "lairs" have been removed, so now they only spawn as random animals with no conditions;

I believe someone gave you wrong information.

edit: perhaps it came from this wiki article which seems to contain misinformation suggestiing pigs chickens rooster etc can all have confitionshttp://wurmonline.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Little_Things

" PheasantRoosterHenChicken, and Pig are generally easier than Wild cats and Large rats, but watch for those conditions!  "

It's true that wild cats and large rats can have conditions but even champion wild cats are not particularly dangerous to noobs with a basic weapons.   You can usually just run away from them as I don't recall they will follow very far. 

I am told however at one time pheasants may have been tougher than they seem? But not because of conditions.

EDIT2: Apparently I underestimated the champion wildcat as here is a rare recording from The Ancient Days of a brave facepunch invasion tackling such a beast and showing its deadly ... deadliness.  Notice the Magic Sword in the background. 

Another ancient recording, which has nothing to do with the topic at hand but i have always enjoyed this one so here it is.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

No, it was another player telling me they once saw a sly pheasant. Perhaps they remembered incorrectly, though...

well, its possible i suppose in really really old days. I have been here only since 2011 so maybe someone from 2006 will correct me. I think it would have had to have been before Freedom Isles which would make it impossoble for any to exist today as all of the current servers have been redone.

Could it have been a starving pheasant?

Or one on a WU server? Anything is possible on those.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Pheasants used to spawn only female (or was it male), so even breeding them was impossible.. Can't remember any conditioned pheasants either.

I can't remember ever seeing conditioned pheasants either. I do remember mountain lions having conditions which don't exist anymore. Perhaps in some hidden corner someone still has one of those too.

Mountain lions still have conditions - I have champion, greenish and scared mountain lions, and I saw two sly ones yesterday.

Raging brown bears are still spawning near me, so brown bears still can have conditiaons as well.

Never seen a conditioned pheasant personally.

Might be one of the creatures spawned at an event by a gm. In that case the sky is the limit as conditions and names go as far as I've seen :)

mountain lions have conditions.. greenish ones are actually a challenge for newbs.. I also saw some greenish trolls man those were huge I thought almost as big as a champiuon..good topic..oh and the champion lava spider I couldn't make a dent in with 70fs and a nice sword..it was big as a tree.. on an island in the lake se of my home spot h11 I believe.. anyhow good topic..

Pheasants never have been conditioned as far as I can remember

Edited by Redd

On 3/14/2017 at 0:09 PM, Tristanc said:

Raging brown bears are still spawning near me, so brown bears still can have conditiaons as well.

I was killed by an...I think it was an "Adolescent Fierce Brown Bear" about 2 days ago so I can verify.