Sign in to follow this  
Belrindor

Falling through floor when using bed on second story. (WU)

Hey there folks.

Is this a known issue in WU/WO, where when you go to sleep on the second story, it pushes you through the floor to the first story when you log in?

I've moved by bed away from the wall and tried it and it still pushed me through the floor upon login. Is this a 'bug', or is this just 'how it is?'

I'm concerned as I'd planned to put some beds on the third story of my building and don't want to log in just for it to crunch and kill me from a 3 story drop.

Thanks in advance!

yeah it's a common thing, I don't know why it happens, it happens to me as well.

odd, it does not happen to me in WU (heavily modded public server). Wonder what makes the difference, if it is a modded fix or something else. My beds on second floor and thats where I log in after going to sleep..

I just realized that I do not always log out in a bed so i may not be paying enough attention to the issue. Does it happen to you every time or some of the time?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

This was changed do to bug. You now always log in on first floor.

If you login on second floor, you may experiance a bug when walking down slopes. Basically, the game thinks you're stuck and tries to get you free. This is a very annoying thing. Always logging on at bottom floor solves the problem.

Here is an example what can happen:

http://pappy.homenet.org/jukken/wurm/downslope_walking_error2.mp4

Edited by Jukken

>> You now always log in on first floor.

Well, I usually play on Sklotopolis, which has a lot of their own custom mods.

I logged into two characters just now, took them to my beds which are on 2nd floor, and put them to Sleep.

Waited ten minutes, logged back in. Both logged back in on second floor next to their beds. I have no issue walking down slopes, my deed has many sloped terraces. 

So maybe Sklotopolis has found a fix for this bug.

Ok, if this was changed due to a bug, if I log OUT, at say, the 5th floor of a building, and then it logs me back in on the first floor,  do I take any damage seeing as how I've just zipped 5 levels down, or does it effectlvely just 'teleport' me to the bottom floor?

Thanks for all the responses, I really appreciate it! :)

occasionally when I log back in on my private server it leaves me on the first floor, but most times it spits me to the ground floor.

Im guessing to you guys first and ground are the same thing lol

Edited by ozmods
  • Like 1

Sorry its a regional language thing, americans say "first floor" for the ground floor, and "2nd floor" for one floor up from ground.

http://speakspeak.com/about-english/ground-floors-and-first-floors-in-british-and-american-english

Perhaps that is the misunderstanding, I have only two story houses, with the beds upstairs, and they log back in upstairs next to their beds, not on the bottom floor.

Just don't try going to bed on the second floor of an underground house... did that once, ended up embedded in stone outside the house and dead with all my items gone.

Sleeping in multistory houses is buggy AF.

thanks for the warning, I was about to put a bed on 2nd floor of an underground house =oO

Changes underground bedroom into a pottery room

ok I've just logged out on the "second floor" or first floor as we say it here in straya lol

I think this depends on a lag thing. If your client connects and doesn't get house data from the server before your collision starts running, you'll fall to the bottom. I've tried fixing this in the past, but haven't had a serious look at it in a while - I think the last I looked the client wasn't properly freezing movement and gravity as it's meant to till the server sends the command saying that everything is sent..

That's what I thought @Buddathanks for clarifying. Perhaps we can woo you to take another look in your free time? (Cue puppy dog eyes)

*waves magic wand adding some magical time for Budda*