Sign in to follow this  
Pidgeoni

Lead Horses Through House Walls

For the love of Magranon, please.

Let us lead animals through house walls like we can through fences.

The amount of trouble arising from the way it works right now is ridiculous.

Examples:

- Lead a horse through a bunch of houses going somewhere, arrive at your destination, realise horse got stuck, go back and search for it, fun times.

- Lead a horse inside a deed mine, it gets bugged and stays above ground, then gets stuck in a random wall in an unpredictable spot, good luck finding it again.

This is so damn common I cannot believe it is still in game years later.

It still happens to me at least once every week, sometimes multiple times a day, even with deeds specifically built to avoid that!

Why does this even work this way!?

Do you hope it would stop horses from getting stuck in other peoples houses? Well guess what, that can happen anyway!

Is it to prevent people from dragging all sorts of aggressive animals inside other peoples houses? How about sort that out properly instead!

Perhaps check that you can only stop leading through gates/doors you got permissions for, which might be in already afaik!

I know I'm not the only one with this problem!

SUGGESTION:

House walls no longer stop you from leading horses.

Phew, that's out of my system now. Still fix plz.

• Like 3

I think upon reading this the devs will find out that lead horses currently walk through fences, and instead of implementing your suggestion will make fences also block horses since walking through walls is a totally immersion breaking bug 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

I think upon reading this the devs will find out that lead horses currently walk through fences, and instead of implementing your suggestion will make fences also block horses since walking through walls is a totally immersion breaking bug 

I wouldn't put that beyond them xD

But in case they are reading, please consider this.

How much does getting frustrated over game mechanics break immersion?

Also sure, a better system for leading could fix that. But devs have said before they'd rather implement simple fast solutions.

Letting horses through walls is so much easier and even exists already. A better leading system would take much work and may not even be worth it.

• Like 1

Oddly I have to agree with Alex, you have just screwed us over come next patch horses are forever going to get stuck in fences.

• Like 1

+1 Except it should be for all lead animals. I've lost all kinds of animals in walls.  Although I did get a chain barding  once cause a raider got his horse stuck in a wall.

47 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Oddly I have to agree with Alex, you have just screwed us over come next patch horses are forever going to get stuck in fences.

Is this a real attitude here? Not agreeing with some changes is one thing, acting like... that, is nonsense.

• Like 1

They used to get stuck in fences the same as houses it was a deliberate change to stop the fences (i think... the stuck in fence part for sure)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pidgeoni said:

Is this a real attitude here? Not agreeing with some changes is one thing, acting like... that, is nonsense.

Yes it is, the wurm fun police are ruthless.

• Like 1