Sign in to follow this  
Iberis

Valoria

Isle of Valoria - A Modded WU Server

The community and staff team of Valoria have decided they would like to see a fresh start. An all new custom map, new mods, basically new everything! Valoria was open for almost a year and during that time we have pooled together all of our experience to try to come up with something unique and epic for a great pve server!

Opened 18th March!

Teamspeak: valoria.teamspeak3.com
Steamgroup: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wu-valoria

Discord: https://discord.gg/w4vNy3

Server Specifications

•     PVE.
  •     PVP Island (1kx1k in size and will have HOTA and supply depots).
  •     Freedom Kingdom.
  •     WL and BL deities.
  •     8192x8192 Custom map.
  •     120k Creatures.
  •     2x Skill & 2x Action.
  •     Skills start at 1 (except for char stats which start at 20).
  •     CR 1x.
  •     150 Players slots.
  •     Server is located in the UK.
  •     Deeds are not free and there is upkeep.

The Map
The map is made up of a central 4k sized mainland, surrounded by four, 2k sized, islands. There are also another nine, separate, 1k sized islands.
Many waterways and rivers, and lots of islands to sail to, make boats very important.
Some of the remote islands will be themed; a desert island for example, where only olive and orange trees grow, a  fiery volcanic island with lava, tundra and pine woods, or perhaps a cold island with snowy mountains and glaciers with steppe on the plains.
Some islands will have rare trees or creatures on them, meaning that if players want lots of a certain type of tree they may have to travel there to get the sprouts themselves.
Creatures on the remote islands may drop rare or strange loot - so a greenish lava fiend might drop bone shoulder pads or a greenish troll might drop a cavalier helmet for example - you'll have to find them and kill them to see!
As smaller islands have themes for their biomes, so will they have creatures living there based upon what the island is like. Lava fiends and lava spiders on the volcanic island for example, whilst wolves and bears might inhabit the snowier regions.
More than one volcano on the map!
More source springs and fountains, and having them spread out across the entire map area.
The spawn will be on it's own little mini island within the mainland area. We are planning to have portals to each of the four larger islands, but not to the smaller themed hunting islands however.

Religion
All four different religions available, both white light and black light
Priest restrictions are off.
Sermons are disabled.
Prayer timer is faster.
Sacrifice timer is faster.
You can pray for faith gain an unlimited number of times per day, every 20 minutes apart.
Sacrifice rares for a 1/100 chance of a rare bone.

Alters can be pushed or loaded.

Meditating
Meditating restrictions are turned off.
Waiting time between questions is halved.
Above 20 meditating skill, you can meditate an unlimited number of times for skill gain per day, every 30 minutes apart.
Meditating timer only 30 seconds (not 2 minutes).

Farming & Forestry
Certain tree types are more rare and are harder to find than others.
5x sprouts when picking.
Action timer for sowing is quicker.
Crop rotting is disabled.
Harvest helper lets you do /seasons to see what is in season currently, how long until the next harvest cycle, and when other harvests will be available.
Inbreeding warnings appear when trying to breed creatures that are related.
Absolutely crazy and random horse names that will make you smile and want to breed horses just for the names!

Terraforming
Dirt, sand, clay, etc drops to the ground when digging; if dragging or riding a cart, it will go into that instead.
100% success rate when surface mining.
Unique 'Clear Soil' mod only found on Valoria. Allows you to dig all four corners in one new action after your digging skill is above thirty.
5x clay dug per action.
Alternative concrete crafting recipe.

Economy
No traders - standard trader items will be sold by Merchants at the spawn area.
Monthly trade fair.
Mailing items is free, unless you are sending COD, which is then 1c per item.
Bounties for burying creatures.

Personal merchants can hold and sell more items.

Travel
Boats, carts and wagons are faster.
Hitching restrictions lifted for hostile creatures - have fun seeing what you can hitch!
Portals from the spawn area to the main islands.

Great for new players!
CA Help opens automatically for new players.
No skill loss on death.
No drowning.
No 24hr waiting time to move your bank.

Loading can be done immediately, 23 body strength is not required.
Information and Event tabs, with lots of helpful links and dates regarding the server.
Active, friendly and experienced staff team made up of multiple GM's, CA's and CM's.

Misc.
Customised start-up equipment, including a basic pelt and pendulum.
There is a chance of getting moon metals when mining.
Prospecting a mine floor works in the same way as surface prospecting.
Healing covers show their strength in the name.
Action timers for destroying and alchemy are faster.
Cave dwellings allow all wall types, with less decay for underground off deed buildings, and walls can be planned directly next to cave walls.
BSB's can hold more items then normal, and both crate types have double the normal capacity.
More dragon scale and hide is dropped than normal at slaying events.
Easily move items to the centre or the corner of tiles.
Fires show the time left to burn when examined.
No holy ground limits.
Improved combat log.
Joust against other players! Unique mod for Valoria only.

5uocqh.jpg

Edited by Iberis
  • Like 2

We are now looking to open this weekend!

Looking to have a livemap of the server released later today!

Glad to see you have take alot of what i said and taught you onboard. Shame about some of your staff though. Hope their will be better rules in place for them. Gl miz.

I'm very happy with my staff team, I was very sorry to hear what happened and that you fell out with some of them. I understand why they did what they had to do in my absence, I did leave them in charge after all. I have to stand by their choice because I believe it was the right one to make. It is just a shame that it seemed to get in the way of our friendship.

But thank you Jock, really looking forward to this fresh start.

Hey everyone! Progress on the new server is going great! I have now added a map with the names of the different islands onto the starting post :)

SERVER IS OPENING SATURDAY 18TH 8PM GMT

That is this Saturday!

Livemap now available!

http://valoria-rpg.com/map1/index.html

We are almost ready now so we will definetly be fine to launch on Saturday :) Been testing things on our PVP island today.

[19:33:54] The Hunt of the Ancients begins in 1 day, 7 hours and 59 minutes.

Hey Guys! 

We're super anxious about the reboot here. We've got a group of approx 8 friends that are brand new to Wurm and going to join the new map when it gets fired up! We're excited to meet everyone and get started on building our settlement!

• Like 2

Are kills on pvp island lootable and can deeds on pvp island be drained or would they be safe spots?

There is a 500x500 no build covering the island and some of the shallow waters around the edge.

The pvp zone is 450x450.

The hota zone is 400x400 covering the majority of the island including flat lands and very steep mountain climbs! So a pillar might spawn up a mountain and teams will have to climb. It's over over a large area which means alliances and teams have to decide whether to split up or stay together to look for them.

This setup means there is no deeding or building on the hota island, but you can build and deed on neighbouring islands. To get there you will have to swim (drowning is disabled) or sail by boat. You could build a man-made island off the coast, but the water outside of the nobuild zone is very deep 300+ easily.

Kills on pvp island are indeed lootable. Players are advised to only travel there and take part on hota or run for supply drops with equipment they can afford to lose without pitching a ###### fit or creating a scene.

There are no safe spots within the 450x450 pvp zone and there is a 50 tile perimeter to warn when you get close (the no build zone) and also warnings when players pass into the pvp and hota zones respectfully.

Hots spells have been tested and they work in the pvp zone against other players (as do all spells).

There are no endgame items.

I just want to make it absolutely clear that any form of cheating has zero tolerance on Valoria. We have an active staff team and anti-cheat detection. If you macro or use client mods (other then the live-map & compass mod) then this is NOT the server for you.

I have already banned several players and groups in the past that have been caught cheating and there is no warning. You cheat and you are gone.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Snoogie said:

Hey Guys! 

We're super anxious about the reboot here. We've got a group of approx 8 friends that are brand new to Wurm and going to join the new map when it gets fired up! We're excited to meet everyone and get started on building our settlement!

Let me be the first to welcome you even if the server isn't quite open yet.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hakameda said:

Can you lockpick carts and stuff on the hota island?

Have not tested this yet Haka. Will do so this morning when I test the Hota.

All of today wil be touch-ups and testing for us. Until 4pm GMT then we have a big closing "bow-out" event on old Valoria. Then the opening at 8pm GNT :)

Going to be a busy day @.@

On 17.3.2017 at 2:23 AM, Snoogie said:

Hey Guys! 

We welcome all of you, feel free to drop onto the TS at launch, there will be alot of fun :D

• Like 2

Can't wait until the launch. I might even have a glass of wine! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

So the staff team now have a very busy day ahead of us. It is an early start for me as well as we start to slowly change over the website to reflect the new server. Old posts regarding the previous version of Valoria have been removed, lots of forum cleaning has taken place.

We would like everyone to please check our updated rules page!

Changes to the rules now include announcing in advance on the forums when Rite of Spring and Ritual of the Sun will be cast.

Bashing lairs is now allowed, though some on the small hunting islands will be protected and you might find they cannot be bashed.

The biggest rule change is that the number of characters a player may own has now dropped. Any single player may now own a maximum of three characters. This means a maximum of three deeds as well. Anyone found to have more will have the extra characters deleted and will recieve a warning. The great thing about this rule change is that no one player will have access to all religions and spells which means they will have to trade! Remember, this is not a single player version of the game.

I would like to remind everyone again, including the new players that will be joining us at launch that using cheats, loopholes, autoclickers, macros and client mods aside from the ones allowed on the rules page are strictly not welcome on Valoria. While breaking other rules might get you a warning of some sort cheating is an offense that will get a player banned.

If you suspect a player is using a form of cheat please use /support in-game to report suspicious activity.

Thanks guys, together we can make sure this server is great fun and fair for all of us!
  • Like 1

Server has opened!!

Having a great time and everyone is welcome to join us!

We have had our first rares created - Someone made a rare chain boot and someone else made a rare sickle.

A small few players made the journey to the alters to become followers.

Two players/groups have built rowboats!

Nobody yet has deeded but I'm sure we'll see the first deeds over the next couple of days!

• Like 1

First deed are already up, congratulations to MrsB and her crew :)

• Like 2

Isle of Valoria is now open!

It has been a crazy few days following the opening. I must admit watching 60 unique players all logging in at the same time and rushing off in different directions was very entertaining! Never before have I seen so many players stood around at a spawn before in their newbie leathers! Some players ran off into the portals, others fled to the public mines. Most went into the poor birch wood west of Port Valor and demolished it making carts and rowboats! A few players decided to make the run to either the black light or the white light. Most made the very difficult journey but some did not!

1z1wlfc.jpg

bhzp6r.jpg

We are now a few days into this new fresh server. We have one player that has managed to priest up. We have a few rowboats sailing around. Tebari made the server's first rare item (a chain boot). Though Epel was not far behind with a rare sickle. We also have the first deeds dropped. MrsB was able to get the money together to settle her deed first!

• Like 1

I've tried this server, and here is what i think:

1. Huge map, too few creatures, lack of trees

Ok so the map is the size of Xanadu which is huge,  8192x8192. However there are only 70k creatures, compare that to Zenath which has 45k and is only the size of Independence i believe. Most of the map consists of water, however there doesn't seem to be any sea creatures around, at least i have not seen one after sailing around for 2-3 hours.

If you look at the map, you notice that most of it is barren, with huge thick forests placed around in areas. You can wander around for hours and see not a single tree, bush, or a creature, only barren empty wastelands. 

"Plant sprouts" i was told. Sure, but when you have to travel for hours to find trees, and the fact that it's 2x skill 2x timers, you will also spend the same time gathering those sprouts, then going home, and maybe spending more time planting maybe half those sprouts. Then you wait for them to grow up before you even get a chance to gather some lumber around you. Is this intended? Boat speed was increased, but it's still not enough.

2. The economy

I was told that this will be a player run economy. That's fair enough, but where do people get the coin from? I was told a troll gives about 7c, while burying gives some extremely tiny amount. It makes me wonder, if burying is this encouraged, and the lack of creatures, maybe you guys are suffering from hardware issues? In which case toning down the map size would be a good idea.

I've seen that event advertised in the chat, where you can sell your stuff and other things. I'm not sure how that's going to work, but with mobs dropping tiny amounts of coin and barely enough of them to go around, you won't be getting enough. Unless you can buy coins with real life money from somewhere? There are also no traders available for players...  According to the live map, there are only 2 deeds up at the moment, and the server is about a week old now. If players cannot make their own, they will get bored and leave.

3. Other concerns:

I find it extremely unfair that because some people donated on the previous server, they get to get extra stuff. I've seen someone with a large magical chest that costs 50s, which at this point is like the equilavent of several gold pieces here on WO. Very unfair. 

I also saw in the chat that apparently one of your GMs wizkilled someone because he spat in his face. The GM later apologised and said it was unprofessional. It still makes me concerned about the staff and their nature here.

The fact that you shut down your previous server with no skill transfers, no nothing also makes me concerned about the future of this server. Sure, that can be said for any WU servers, but this increases that concern for me. 

So yes i'd like some feedback on these issues, and if all of this is intended then i dont think this server will last very long.

However there are only 70k creatures

We are now up to 100k creatures and that number will be going up in the coming weeks. If you are close to the starter town then there is a lack of creatures because the flood of new players killed them all :)

lack of trees

Tree growth and spread is fast. It's only day 5 of the server. Give it a month and suddenly there will be alot more forests and they will have spread. On my old server our plains were completely gone after 6 months so this time I did not want this to happen. If you travel to plains that are further out from the spawn the plains are full of horses, cows, sheep and chickens. Another reason why having plains early on in the game when nobody has fight skill is a good thing. The reason why mob count is not super high is simply because it's a brand new server where many players  don't have over 20 fight skill yet.

I was told a troll gives about 7c, while burying gives some extremely tiny amount

Once again you have been informed incorrectly. You can find a full list of bounties http://valoria-rpg.com/thread-472.html trolls are 10c each. Hellscorpious, hell hounds, lava fields all 9c. That is also not including multipliers if they have a trait like fierce or angry. What you seem to have encountered is where our passive mobs only give out 1c each. Proper dangerous mobs give a decent bounty.

but where do people get the coin from?

I have a feeling you have not read our website with much depth? Players can gain 1s just for sumitting a building idea/plan that is chosen to be used in our spawn town. Players can get 5s just for building a guard tower next to a highway or on a deed. Not to mention even more money for creating roads, bridges & tunnels.

According to the live map, there are only 2 deeds up at the moment

Try hitting shift+f5 or deleting your cookies to reload the map. There are now 11 deeds as of yesterday and lots more players very close.

I've seen that event advertised in the chat, where you can sell your stuff and other things. I'm not sure how that's going to work

For people who have spent all their money on their deed if they get up a guard tower on that deed before the fair that is 5s they can take with them to trade. Sure the first couple of trade fairs will likely not have that much trading for money, I except there will be alot of trading items for items. However when a server is 5 days old you can't expect people to have fat bank accounts.

I find it extremely unfair that because some people donated on the previous server, they get to get extra stuff.

This is a continuation on from our previous server. I would find it extremely unfair if someone donated recently and then the server just went poof, so of course it is going to "rollover". Having a large magic chest (which anyone can donate for) is not giving them a massive advantage in gameplay over anyone else and as a result it ensures the server can remain up.

I also saw in the chat that apparently one of your GMs wizkilled someone because he spat in his face

Unfortunately you do not know what happened and nor were you there, I was there. It was not like that, it was a joke with the player involved. It won't be happening again though because while everyone involved knew it was a joke we did worry that players (such as yourself) might complain about it. So now I'm glad I told my staff not to use that command - even when playing.

The fact that you shut down your previous server with no skill transfers

Just a moment ago you said it was unfair for people to have stuff carried over to the new server?

I know you seem to have judged us very harshly without knowing all of the facts or coming to us directly to talk before attempting to publically bash us with a review that has a lot of errors in it. If you want lots of money or don't want to travel to find creatures or sprouts in the first week of a brand new server opening then this probably is not the server for you. We do know what we are doing and have put a lot of thought into setting this up.

Also saying this server will not last is completely wrong. Hate to disappoint but we will be here for a very very very long time.

• Like 1

On 23.3.2017 at 1:19 PM, atazs said:

2. The economy

I was told that this will be a player run economy. That's fair enough, but where do people get the coin from? I was told a troll gives about 7c,

Hi.

I am sorry i gave you this information. We were speaking about many bounties were halved from the old Valoria server, and i msut admit that i had not read the updated bounty list eighter, so i assumed it would be 7-8copper.

And yeah, you had plans to deed over the whole island i lived on, and i can understand that 8c (or 10c) Trolls would not be able to pay the upkeep for a 1k x 1k island :)

According to the live map, there are only 2 deeds up at the moment, and the server is about a week old now. If players cannot make their own, they will get bored and leave.

Thats a bit of the fun isnt it, to have to work a bit to actually make a deed. At least i think so, and so do many others.

I find it extremely unfair that because some people donated on the previous server, they get to get extra stuff. I've seen someone with a large magical chest that costs 50s, which at this point is like the equilavent of several gold pieces here on WO. Very unfair. 

And i guess that was my Large Magical Chest aswell. It is not like this item will give me any HUGE advantages over other players. Well, i may put some pelts in it to avoid it from taking serious damage. It does not help me with grinding my skills though.

So yes i'd like some feedback on these issues, and if all of this is intended then i dont think this server will last very long

I am sorry to hear that this server was not for you. But there are still alot of other people that love this server, and hopefully many more will try it out. With the current amount of active players, I would assume you are wrong :)

• Like 1

having a fantastic time exploring this map, thanks for building it!

• Like 1

You are very welcome!

Had a great time at the trade fair today! I sold lots of leather items and even though there is not much money yet on the server several players made enough at the fair to create their deeds today! There was also plenty of trading items for items :D

Two uniques have been spotted - we are looking to do a slaying perhaps as early as next weekend for one of them!