Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

remove lib lock

remove  

83 members have voted

1. 1. remove

The devs can see it doesn't make sense, that's why it will be addressed along with the other issues priests in PvP face

No one is saying it's fine, what is being said is it won't be done next update.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

The devs can see it doesn't make sense, that's why it will be addressed along with the other issues priests in PvP face

WL should not have access to our spells if we can't have access to theirs.  This is a completely biased and one sided decision to remove playergods from hots.

WL-exclusive spells BL- exclusive spells
    Aura of Shared Pain
    Bearpaws
    Charm animal
    Circle of Cunning
    Courier
    Cure light
    Cure medium
    Cure serious
    Dirt (spell)
    Dominate
    Excel
    Fire pillar
    Fireheart
    Flaming aura
    Fo's Touch
    Forest giant strength
    Frantic charge
    Frostbrand
    Genesis
    Goat shape
    Heal
    Holy Crop
    Humid drizzle
    Ice pillar
    Life transfer
    Light of Fo
    Light token
    Lurker in the deep
    Lurker in the woods
    Magranon's shield
    Mass stamina
    Mend
    Mind stealer
    Mole senses
    Morning fog
    Nimbleness
    Oakshell
    Opulence
    Refresh (spell)
    Reveal creatures
    Reveal settlements
    Rite of Spring
    Ritual of Fog
    Ritual of the Sun
    Shard of Ice
    Sixth sense
    Smite
    Sunder
    Tentacles
    Tornado
    Venom
    Vessel
    Vynora's Hand
    Ward
    Wild growth
    Willowspine
    Wind of Ages
    Wisdom of Vynora
    Wrath of Magranon (spell)
    Rebirth

• Like 12

20 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

But you were perfectly fine with it being slipped in, mentioned in no news post, and no patch note, which really just contradicts this entire "balance" facade. Alexgopen's table is a great visual representation of "balance" by the wurm team.

I don't see why it can't be done next update if it was implemented all willy nilly? How do you expect the HOTS players to PvP on an even remotely fair ground?

"hey guys we're gonna overhaul the priest system Soon(TM), but in the mean time, no priests for this one kingdom"

What you just did is basically the equivalent of having a red headed kid, a brown haired kid, and a black haired kid have their pick at juice boxes, but, you randomly take the red-headed kids juiceboxes away and then tell him he can't have anything to drink for an undefined amount of time because the new flavors taste better for everyone even though the other two children are sitting in front of him sipping on their juiceboxes. What is the redhead supposed to do in the meantime? Die of dehydration? With what you just said, apparently so, and it's quite tragic too considering you could simply give him the orange flavored capri suns until the new ones come in.

This defies logic, it quite literally baffles me. With balance changes like this taking the lead, no wonder you guys don't allow a WU anticheat, LOL.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 8

17 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

"hey guys we're gonna overhaul the priest system Soon(TM), but in the mean time, no priests for this one kingdom"

inb4 retro says "but they can be libila priests! that makes it all fair right?"

bl are forced to have no priest passives because we can only be lib which has none, while also giving wl access all the spells we do have (except rebirth) via playergod priests

So explain to me how being able to be a libila priest is in any way a perk rather than a limitation of being hots, when WL already have everything it can do AND MORE

Edited by Alexgopen

39 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

along with the other issues priests in PvP face

priests in PvP face

Name me one priest atm that is limited to one kingdom and forcing all it's members to follow it?

Ye, it isnt the same issue. 

You're fing up a whole kingdom on chaos/epic, no other priest/kingdom is facing this issue lmao.

Edited by Mclovin

This isn't a recent change, and I'm not entirely sure when it went in, We do endeavour to include ALL patch notes, we don't just slip things in unless they're exploits that could be or were abused, and I highly doubt this was the case.

We were pretty clear that hots could only be libila during the favour changes discussion and that we would not support player god priests in hots, I'm assuming the change went in with 1.3 and closed that bug that we were clear was not intended.

Not a malicious attempt to hide something, just closing a previously mentioned unintended mechanic and a patch note was missed on it, apologies for that.

Just now, Retrograde said:

This isn't a recent change, and I'm not entirely sure when it went in, We do endeavour to include ALL patch notes, we don't just slip things in unless they're exploits that could be or were abused, and I highly doubt this was the case.

We were pretty clear that hots could only be libila during the favour changes discussion and that we would not support player god priests in hots, I'm assuming the change went in with 1.3 and closed that bug that we were clear was not intended.

Not a malicious attempt to hide something, just closing a previously mentioned unintended mechanic and a patch note was missed on it, apologies for that.

Is it intended to allow BL PMK's to be a libila priest and follow playergods? Or are they going to get told they shouldn't have spent that gold coin too?

that we would not support player god priests in hots

But why? Can i be arsed to go back 4 pages and read? No, because what everybody else has said out weighs this opinion.

38 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

WL should not have access to our spells if we can't have access to theirs.  This is a completely biased and one sided decision to remove playergods from hots.

Aura of Shared Pain
    Bearpaws
    Charm animal
    Circle of Cunning
    Courier
    Cure light
    Cure medium
    Cure serious
    Dirt (spell)
    Dominate
    Excel
    Fire pillar
    Fireheart
    Flaming aura
    Fo's Touch
    Forest giant strength
    Frantic charge
    Frostbrand
    Genesis
    Goat shape
    Heal
    Holy Crop
    Humid drizzle
    Ice pillar
    Life transfer
    Light of Fo
    Light token
    Lurker in the deep
    Lurker in the woods
    Magranon's shield
    Mass stamina
    Mend
    Mind stealer
    Mole senses
    Morning fog
    Nimbleness
    Oakshell
    Opulence
    Refresh (spell)
    Reveal creatures
    Reveal settlements
    Rite of Spring
    Ritual of Fog
    Ritual of the Sun
    Shard of Ice
    Sixth sense
    Smite
    Sunder
    Tentacles
    Tornado
    Venom
    Vessel
    Vynora's Hand
    Ward
    Wild growth
    Willowspine
    Wind of Ages
    Wisdom of Vynora
    Rebirth

This chart says it all lolol

• Like 5

And whilst it's on our minds, we want a road map for pvp and epic. Because we all feel that ship sailed long time ago.
Most convo's are now 'how long we got left' and 'This wont last much longer' 

We're already letting deeds get disbanded, no more silver being pumped into that bad boy. 

So ye, i give the game another year before you see a serious drop

Edited by Mclovin

BL PMK's are allowed player god priests, as was also outlined when we discussed the faith conversions (We had to do libila pmk faith conversions manually)

I'll work with budda on getting something to outline our plans, there's a lot that needs addressing, and what may be priority to you is not priority to others, so please do keep that in mind. The argument here isn't that it's balanced, or makes sense, we're simply saying fixing this will take time as we cover priests as a whole.

• Like 1

well +1 for talking and taking the beating like men instead of hiding/removing/banning us[yikes]

But the final conclusion from this

CJfghxixl7NSM.gif

We may go silent from not wanting to repeat ourselves but you're so wrong and it's getting extremely frustrating for many of us to actually take some form of action against you guys because you simply won't care. I don't think accounts being unprem or deeds disbanding simply from refusal to buy silver from shop and put into the map we hate [elevation] and into backward updates like this, to even epic in general. 

Theres not really much we can do to show how poor we feel about this game atm, except quit. Which sucks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

what may be priority to you is not priority to others, so please do keep that in mind. 

not good enough, others gameplay isn't nerfed/at a all time low whenever they enter a fight So yeah, im sure the barded hell horses or those new tree animations can wait. Fix pvp, fix the priests, fix bl, fix everything else we ask for or just shutdown the pvp servers and save us all a headache and heartache.

Edited by Mclovin

7 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

BL PMK's are allowed player god priests, as was also outlined when we discussed the faith conversions (We had to do libila pmk faith conversions manually)

I'll work with budda on getting something to outline our plans, there's a lot that needs addressing, and what may be priority to you is not priority to others, so please do keep that in mind. The argument here isn't that it's balanced, or makes sense, we're simply saying fixing this will take time as we cover priests as a whole.

I get this, but, you still haven't answered my question.

Why is it ok to leave it as is when you have literally made it impossible for an entire subset of the population to PvP on an even remotely fair ground, without offering something in return? You still haven't told me what you expect these players to do in the meantime?

Are they supposed to avoid PvP for the next year? Ask people kindly not to raid them because they are unable to heal themselves?

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 3

WHEN IS THE END DATE ON EPIC GETTING FIXED/RESET, YO.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

Aura of Shared Pain
    Bearpaws
    Charm animal
    Circle of Cunning
    Courier
    Cure light
    Cure medium
    Cure serious
    Dirt (spell)
    Dominate
    Excel
    Fire pillar
    Fireheart
    Flaming aura
    Fo's Touch
    Forest giant strength
    Frantic charge
    Frostbrand
    Genesis
    Goat shape
    Heal
    Holy Crop
    Humid drizzle
    Ice pillar
    Life transfer
    Light of Fo
    Light token
    Lurker in the deep
    Lurker in the woods
    Magranon's shield
    Mass stamina
    Mend
    Mind stealer
    Mole senses
    Morning fog
    Nimbleness
    Oakshell
    Opulence
    Refresh (spell)
    Reveal creatures
    Reveal settlements
    Rite of Spring
    Ritual of Fog
    Ritual of the Sun
    Shard of Ice
    Sixth sense
    Smite
    Sunder
    Tentacles
    Tornado
    Venom
    Vessel
    Vynora's Hand
    Ward
    Wild growth
    Willowspine
    Wind of Ages
    Wisdom of Vynora
    Rebirth

I've just recently returned after being shafted by the dev team (ele reset) and I come back to this? Do I need to quit again?

You have MR and JK agreeing with BL which shows you just how far up sht creek this game is and your telling us fixes will come soon. Yes you have fixed some issues (mostly when it comes to freedom related issues) but overall it is WORSE then it was before when its come to this game balance you so desperately don't want to upset. You want us to accept this game in gimped state and tell us to calm down over this flavour of the day issue when it's much worse then what you even acknowledge. 

RIP DSC RIP Libilia 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

hots players had been able to convert to playergod faiths ever since they came out, and on occasions where players had trouble converting, they would file support tickets and gms would convert them to playergod faiths

After players complained of losing their hard earned playergod faith when converting to hots, the following BUGFIX was put in

https://www.wurmonline.com/2016/06/30/patch-notes-30-june-2016/

June 30, 2016 by Retrograde

Bugfix: Converting to HOTS only sets you to Libila and faith to 1 if you are coming from Fo, Magranon or Vynora.

YOU YOURSELF STATED, that the ONLY FAITHS converting to hots that should lose their faith are the WL template ones. 

• Like 1

Wooow, seems to be a buisy night here.

1. Thx to Budda and Retro taking the bashing here and still communicate.

2. Thx to all the none BL-guys that shows the devs that balancing is a basic issue, and pvp-fun without worthy enemies ingame doesnt work.

3. The devs have aknowledged the problem and i trust their words that they are working on it. (Yeah, i am new to game...)

BUT: If you don´t want to let the pvp and pvp server die, there should be a fast solution making it possible for hots to survive and giving wl enemies they can fight in pvp until the big patch comes. I dont care what it is... (f.e. like giving every kd all priests, give hots free option to make a pmk and transfer deeds / guard towers to the new pmk so we dont restart completly, give all priests all spells, make a hotfix for lib whatever...) and a timeline (rough, we all know and understand that timelines can change, but if you want us to wait you should be able to tell us if this takes 2-3 months, half a year or approx a decade) we can wait for.

Atm hots is just sitting behind their walls and wait, wait, wait... we arent competive... means no fun for us... meas no fun for the wl... because we cant fight. Its boring... guys there will be a big quiting otherwise.

Ps: As i am new... i was searching for a game like this for years, sad i found it just months ago (btw in January i was still able to get nathan with my char... so change cant be that old, anyway)... wurm has a incredible potential to be a great pvp game and i played like dozends of pvp games, the layout is just fine (3 kingdoms, battleground in the middle, ressources to fight for). But you need to find a good balancing soon, community is dying.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

what may be priority to you is not priority to others

yea because ###### pvp and especially that one kingdom horde of the summoned.  who cares that even hots' enemies are banding together to support them on this totally unbalanced and unfair nerf

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Andruil said:

Ps: As i am new... i was searching for a game like this for years, sad i found it just months ago (btw in January i was still able to get nathan with my char... so change cant be that old, anyway)... wurm has a incredible potential to be a great pvp game and i played like dozends of pvp games

Consider yourself lucky as you didn't invest too much your time and money in this crap.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

and I can totally understand how frustrating it is

You know the feeling when you loose your wallet or forget it in a bar... panic, sweating... Pretty much good description when I asked myself now why did I blow my time and money into this game. Game is not fun for me anymore.

how most hots players feel

On 3/4/2017 at 2:26 PM, LorenaMontana said:

I have a feeling they wanna filter out BL kingdoms out of the game, there is literally zero effort put in BL kingdoms for more then over a year now. Only nerf after nerf, and these simple fixes as mentioned in the OP aren't even looked at. Libila priests are also beyond useless now for quite some time.

I think soon, BL will be no more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

I guess different HH colours are way more importent then save a whole cluster.

• Like 1

F uck the "lore"

NOBODY really care about the f ucking lore.

Just give all Kindoms the same Gods, and all is fine. Ballancing done, even no work for you guys.

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

So why did you guys decide it was important to get that one aspect in before the whole religion overhaul, why not wait and do it all in one go?

I don't understand what it accomplished other then completely fluffing an entire kingdom, sorry I mean 'group of players that should follow lib'.

• Like 2