Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

remove lib lock

remove  

83 members have voted

1. 1. remove

18 minutes ago, Budda said:

As has been said, this will be changed when we fully go over gods and priest changes.

Again @Budda you keep stating "when". We have heard that in the past many times and things haven't changed. Every proper company with a development has a development / project outline, a time frame or road map essentially. You want to the community to trust you and have faith in you give us something more then vague answers like "when" "we plan" and such. How about letting us know from a development point of view what will be worked on in this first half of the year give us something to look forward too. Every project suffers delay, and you have shown us before it doesn't matter how much a change is supported and well put that you have a set plan and will do as you intend. You might not get completely positive support but you will have been open and straight forward with the community and I am sure people will appreciate that much more.

Edited by Egard
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Budda said:

I'm not rushing out a change just because it's PvP Flavour of the Day.

it's called a hot fix, lmao. You just changed it all based on your personal flavour of the month.

You expect these players to remain nerfed and unable to train in the gods they want until you move your asses? Wtf kind of logic is that

it was SEMI-fine before and now it isn't.
50+ people within the threads creation time telling you so.

Now tell me how WL having 95% of the BL spells to use against BL and BL not having the same back is a good thing for the game, the players of that Kingdom and they pvp they will endure from that?

Tell me on a logical basis how this even makes sense in the words of balance. 

Tell me how not rushing a 'HotFix' is a great idea when 50+ others are saying your choice is crap.
And some of us aren't even BL so it isn't even because we want to benefit from it. 
It's purely from a supportive/wtf/logic defence point. 

You got nothing to defend yourselves with about this change except 'a change will come soon'

Which it wont.

And like somebody said a few pages back

better be the best priest god spell overhaul the MMO world has ever seen in this world, otherwise you've ###### it.

And for the ones already talking about quitting/leaving, better be as fast as a hot patch, which it won't be.

And flavour of the day? Omg, it's been brought to the attention and now we're telling you how dumb it is,

show me the threads which asked 'please nerf bl more'

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Egard said:

Again budda you keep stating "when". We have heard that in the past many times and things haven't changed. Every proper company with a development has a development / project outline, a time frame or road map essentially. You want to the community to trust you and have faith in you give us something more then vague answers like "when" "we plan" and such. How about letting us know from a development point of view what will be worked on in this first half of the year give us something to look forward too. Every project suffers delay, and you have shown us before it doesn't matter how much a change is supported and well put that you have a set plan and will do as you intend. You might not get completely positive support but you will have been open and straight forward with the community and I am sure people will appreciate that much more.

Agreed, people don't like being left in the dark. Every year we should be getting the "what is planned for 2017 (or whatever year it is)" , every quarter an update on what was changed, what is still on the list for this year, and some additional ad-on planned that wasn't feasible at the beginning of the year and now it is.  We are just waiting for positive changes, then we get patch notes that don't tell us the whole story, then login and get frustrated when thing are changed and we were lied to. I think 2017 should be turned around into the positive and the start to that is being honest with US.

P.S in 2015 it was on the list to get taxidermy before a food revamp - what ever happened to that?

Edited by Bramson

2 minutes ago, Egard said:

Again @Budda you keep stating "when". We have heard that in the past many times and things haven't changed. Every proper company with a development has a development / project outline, a time frame or road map essentially. You want to the community to trust you and have faith in you give us something more then vague answers like "when" "we plan" and such. How about letting us know from a development point of view what will be worked on in this first half of the year give us something to look forward too. Every project suffers delay, and you have shown us before it doesn't matter how much a change is supported and well put that you have a set plan and will do as you intend. You might not get completely positive support but you will have been open and straight forward with the community and I am sure people will appreciate that much more.

There is an internal development plan and roadmap, unfortunately I'm the only one that has full time to work on everything, and currently working on about 4 or 5 different projects. Ongoing pvp changes (including god changes, epic changes, and general pvp changes), are a thing that will be coming out bit by bit over the first half of this year - but at the same time the majority of my time is going towards the new client and UI changes which is at a higher priority at the moment.

• Like 2

yeah we heard higher priority over pvp changes for the 'back end changes' then cooking then the other stuff. Yeah, sure, ok.

Great you're thinking about the future players, middle finger to the current ones. 

Guess what, the players won't play your crappy mechanics like todays no matter how good the NEW UI tells us how good the mechanics are.

Oh and btw, if you're the only one working on crap,

EVEN MORE REASON TO HOTFIX/REVERT THIS CHANGE, CAUSE THE 'CHANGE' WONT COME SOON 

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mclovin said:

EVEN MORE REASON TO HOTFIX/REVERT TODAYS CHANGE

There was no change today?

22 minutes ago, Budda said:

A balance run over everything is planned. I'm not rushing out small changes that has a chance to make things worse just because a thread was decided to be made and shared around today.

but you rushed out this small change that does nothing but gimp the existing HOTS playerbase without putting in the other incoming balance changes to make it somewhat fair and actually balanced?

Does this change seem fair to you? Does it seem something like you would expect these people to put up with? Playing PvP with no heals in combat, not the greatest selection of area coverage spells, no oakshell, no charm for hellhorses, having to once again pay more for a different kingdom priest alt the vpn required to use it to enchant their gear to participate? Does it seem like these players enjoy being limited to the most gimped god in the game on top of having disadvantages from the implementation of the cooking system just weeks prior?

Why do you expect these players to continue to pay when at every turn they just get shafted by changes made like this with not even a ###### thought of balance or planning put into it, and when they ask for a change, you tell them to wait for a sweeping balance change that for all we know may never come? We are still waiting on the epic fixes and it's been almost a year now. Will they be able to play the game on the same page as everyone else in a year? In two years? I understand you have your roadmaps and priorities, but this is something that shouldn't be that hard to change, and its a ###### ENORMOUS inconvenience for those who have to deal with it every day.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 5

Just now, Budda said:

ya, going by thread date through madness, this is how mad you've got me, ok

• Like 1

Just now, Budda said:

The change was that for a year now BL has been going player gods just fine and its being enforced just now has upset the already delicate balance that made it at least equal for everyone even tho it was stupid broken with player gods.

• Like 1

NERF US ALL, TAKE BL GODS AWAY FROM WL, DISABLE SMEAGAIN, RETURN US TO THE 4 GODS, I ACCEPT THAT.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Budda said:

There is an internal development plan and roadmap, unfortunately I'm the only one that has full time to work on everything, and currently working on about 4 or 5 different projects. Ongoing pvp changes (including god changes, epic changes, and general pvp changes), are a thing that will be coming out bit by bit over the first half of this year - but at the same time the majority of my time is going towards the new client and UI changes which is at a higher priority at the moment.

I can feel your pain Budda. It does take a lot of time trying to push out updates, etc to the game. And I appreciate that.

Maybe it is time to get someone to help share certain aspects of the roadmap and game plan with the community, I am sure there would be a few people who would be more than happy to share truths and honest with the community in a professional PR way, who can get some communication between the players and the dev staff. (who's only focus on this aspect)

2 minutes ago, Budda said:

Great thats good to hear you have your road map. I know people get pulled to do 4-5 projects at once but thats why you have a community relations person, He should get this info you provided and put it forward for us or prep a proper post  (like a news thread) for a dev to post. Saroman gave us little sneak peaks to the work he did with Hell Horses and such and that was awesome, I know a lot of people were stoked and looking forward to it. Do that with this roadmap, give us some sneak peaks and info on whats planned ahead for the first half of the year, hell maybe even for the end of the year. You can't catch a fish without some bait, or else it will eventually move on.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

but you rushed out this small change that does nothing but gimp the existing HOTS playerbase without putting in the other incoming balance changes to make it somewhat fair and actually balanced?

The change that fixed bugs that allowed HOTS to be non-Lib was months ago. It's nothing recent, definitely not in the last few updates. I agree the other god changes should have gone out sooner than now, but pretending this is something brand new does nothing.

2 minutes ago, Budda said:

The change that fixed bugs that allowed HOTS to be non-Lib was months ago. It's nothing recent, definitely not in the last few updates. I agree the other god changes should have gone out sooner than now, but pretending this is something brand new does nothing.

It's become a new issue because people are like why are half my hots kingdoms priests player gods but I can't convert to them anymore...That's how it got brought up in the first place when people who could use player gods for a year suddenly could not.

Edited by Darklords

cool, still sucks, fix it for BL. Call it flavour of the day, but its one you're not forced to lick and eat. They are, the paying customers.

It doesn't work. It won't work. It's stupid.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Budda said:

Nobody noticed because those who were already priests are still priests, now that there are people returning and trying to priest up again because its getting closer to summer, they are finding out they can't.

I assure you people would have complained about it sooner if they had known, but, many people do not wish to be priests when the population is in its yearly down swing on a PvP server, they usually grind their accounts around this time and priest up for the inevitable population spikes.

But just because it was changed, and because you have hardly any new blood coming in to PvP servers 3/4ths out of the year and nobody complained because nobody knew as it didn't affect those were currently priests and still does not does not mean it was a good change or one that could be justified, it's still a garbage change. Sure its a bug, but, i feel like it was pretty easy to see that it deeply inconveniences an entire portion of the playerbase and is archaic in its design.

If it is a bug, is it also a bug that those who were already playergod priests are allowed to remain priests? Why did you not remove their faith because it was unintended they have it? Why was it not announced that such a bug that everyone thought was a feature for so long, and that people had invested hundreds of dollars into accounts and man hours into grinding accounts for, was changed?

I'm drifting off here, but, it seems like the only bugs being fixed are the ones that when fixed, deeply inconvenience players, and not the bugs that deeply inconvenience players by being around. You dont develop around me, i get that, and i also understand people remember the bad more than the good, but, for real man, what the ###### was this change?

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 5

Remove Player gods revert to old 4 gods only until priest balance has been made.

i mean i play smegain.... 25% damage res stone LOF and Heal.  + all the other stuff.....

also no more ninja patches... no one likes them

• Like 7

I find it funny that Budda calls balance flavor of the day, when BL has been getting needlessly nerfed for years, while complaining about it and explaining why its unbalanced the entire time.  I can go back and find you posts where these concerns were raised years ago, but it looks like you probably dont care. 

• Libila saccable nerfed because freedom thought it was unfair when nahjo had it, and then despite all nahjos getting free faith changes, libila priests did not
  • Libila has no priest passives, while all of the WL priests and playergods have very powerful priest passives (such as +25% dmg, free res stone, passive animals, +10% overall skillgain, +25% skillgain to fighting related skills)
  • The strongest part of Libila's spellset (single target spells) nerfed heavily by cooldowns and resistances
  • HotS only method of healing on boats (zombie milk) removed
  • HotS' ability to convert to the new player gods was removed, limiting their spellset to Libila while the other kingdoms have access to every spell except rebirth
    • WL can heal on boats, even as the boat is moving, so they can recover from damage taken.  BL cannot do this
    • WL can oakshell horses to have the speed of a naked horse, but the protection of a good barding.  BL cannot do this
    • WL can use priests that have passive animals, which results in being able to use two hellhorses.  BL cannot do this
    • WL have access to light of fo to heal them in group fights on land.  BL cannot do this, as scorn of libilla was heavily nerfed long ago and does very little healing now, as well as requiring an enemy to be hit to trigger healing
    • WL got access to all of BL's single target spells and enchants through playergods
  • Can't get new cooking system ingredients on mycelium
  • HotS taming penalty makes taming pvp required animals like hellhorses very difficult, and they will often go untame on you either mid combat or on the way to it.  WL doesnt have this nerf
  • Only homeserver enemy players are allowed to grief with alts or metagame on (JKH and MRH have official rules against this)

I'm sure there are more ways you've ###### over hots players, but it's been a long time since I've even been premium and played so you'd have to ask the current hots players.  You've already driven me away with all this ######, like you've done to many others.

Hey guys let's give two kingdoms access to all of the spells, and then give a third outnumbered kingdom only 1/4 of the total spellset, because that's the way I want my made up lore to be. If you question me you're just trying to "upset balance" and get your "flavor of the day" added.

Edited by Alexgopen
  • Like 3

So clearly a better balance solution than just allow BL player gods is in order, we want to avoid bandaid fixes that fix a symptom without addressing the problem itself.

This is in the works  along with a lot of other epic specific things, and I will do my best to get as much information as we can on it once it's available, leaving you in the dark isnt our goal and I can totally understand how frustrating it is. The reason there hasn't been much shared is that we need to ensure that the information we do provide has the answers to the inevitable questions you'll all have , and it's solid enough that a reasonable timeframe can be given.

Edited by Retrograde
added a bit
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

So clearly a better balance solution than just allow BL player gods is in order, we want to avoid bandaid fixes that fix a symptom without addressing the problem itself.

This is in the works  along with a lot of other epic specific things, and I will do my best to get as much information as we can on it once it's available, leaving you in the dark isnt our goal and I can totally understand how frustrating it is. The reason there hasn't been much shared is that we need to ensure that the information we do provide has the answers to the inevitable questions you'll all have , and it's solid enough that a reasonable timeframe can be given.

so in the meantime they can just go ###### themselves right? You say you want to make good balance changes, sweeping balance changes even, but this is hardly ever delivered on, but what you do deliver on is changes like this, a change/bugfix made with no balance in mind. No quality of life in mind, and no thought of the players who would have to deal with it every day. Just like usual, i don't know why i expected anything different, nothing has changed in the 10 years i've played this game, literally nothing, at least we get told to get ###### nicely now instead of with no patch notes i suppose.

Who cares about having heals, damage bonus, pillar control, who ever uses that in pvp?

lol?

Whatever, i made this thread expecting nothing, i got nothing (as usual every time someone asks for a pvp change). Changes like this made with no foresight are the reason the PvP in this game is dying, and that's a hard fact proven by your own servergraphs. I'm done talking to a wall.

All i can do is to advise the 30 BL who voted on this thread to start voting with your wallet instead.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

remove the block until a balance has been put in place?

this is how balanced it is with this ninja patch atm

a+Unbalanced.jpg

The donkey being BL just and fyi

• Like 3

If BL can't play as playergod priests, neither should WL.  It's completely unfair and unbalanced to give one side such a huge selection of new and overpowered priests to use while limiting the one already outnumbered kingdom to their far inferior spellset which also includes no priest passive effects. 

Also remember that time Biggibbo (BL in case you dont know retro) ascended to demigodhood?  If he happened to ascend from there to godhood and have a religion, do you mean to say that his own kingdom wouldnt even be able to follow it, and it would instead benefit his enemies?

That's just plain stupid design and even if that crap is what you intended, you better change your intentions because your understanding of pvp (or should i say lack thereof) is fundamentally flawed.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

All i can to is to advise the 30 BL who voted on this thread to start voting with your wallet instead.

Actually what's funny,

only 17 of the 53 yes votes for this poll are from BL players.

If the pvpers from our enemy kingdoms can acknowledge that this is completely unfair and unbalanced, and even freedomers who have never pvped can see that this is wrong, then

WHY CAN'T THE DEVS?

Edited by Alexgopen
  • Like 2