Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

remove lib lock

remove  

83 members have voted

1. 1. remove

no clue why this was added, does nothing for balance and gimps the kingdom with the worst base god even more than they already are.

"hey lets just ###### HOTS in particular"

For those who don't know, if you are in the HOTS template kingdom, you are forced to play as a Libila follower, you can not follow any demigods, even if they are BL based. The only way around this is to convert to the kingdom as another priest, which is undoubtedly a bug. This also does not apply to HOTS-based PMKs.

I also dont see this getting reverted for another 3 years, but, worth complaining about in the meantime.

Speaking personally here, i have no idea why this was changed. I can't see a balance reason, and it does nothing for QOL the game and seems like it was made to go out of their way to gimp a kingdom. Like, was this even thought about? Tested?

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 11

Proph isnt even hots and he understands how unbalanced it is to limit hots to only lib when WL get access to all of the other gods.  Thank you proph for making this thread.

• Like 2

Pure nonsense. Revert or take lore out and make all priests availble to every kingdom.

• Like 1

proph pretends to be a bad boy, but i knew he had a big heart.

• Like 1

this is only to allow them to worship the other gods not mag/vyn/fo yeah?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Oreo said:

this is only to allow them to worship the other gods not mag/vyn/fo yeah?

yes

• Like 1

i think it was supposed to be "lore" reasons, but there's no such thing as lore anymore with player gods

either way, gameplay > "lol lore", as I've said in every other thread, remove the restriction that doesn't even make sense in the fact that pmk of this template don't have it, everyone should have equal access

• Like 4

Ive been begging for this for years and I cant for the life of me imagine what reasons those voting no have :unsure:

The lock is new.. like within the past couple of days?

Lib has been able to have different followers since the new gods come out. WHY THE CHANGE!?

Technically it isnt new there have been issues with player conversions and kingdom converting wiping faith from the beginning but they were intended with loopholes slowly being closed over time. 

as a black light follower i was able to go to white light or black light and change to nathan tosiek or nahjo. 

no deed flipping nothing the game allowed it.

if Hots was not meant to be able to don't you think an announcement should have been made? .. i mean now that its been "Fixed" people was doing it thinking it was intended. 

This means people joined hots and went to priest up as they have been able to for the last 2 or so years now and  have paid money and now all this time has been wasted for them.

Those who are still Nathan Tosiek Nahjo smegain etc  in HOTS are they going to be punished as this is not allowed now? do they have to convert to Libila? and will they be given a free convert to another kingdom with there current faith?

seems a little unfair for those paying customers is all.

• Like 2

13:10 - Retrograde: that was intended from the start
13:10 - Retrograde: hots IS libila
13:11 - Retrograde: The whole kingdom thing is simply so it fits in mechanics wise, hots isnt so much a kingdom as a group of peopple who follow lib

This just in guys. HotS was never meant to be a kingdom, so lets just nerf the current most active epic kingdom further into the ground so that we drive away the rest of our remaining customers, and then maybe we can remove that pesky non-kingdom.

• Like 4

They need to change it so we the players can just disban hots, and then we the players can get what we want, the removal of the crap, and recreate it as a pmk how it should be.

Edited by Bramson

retrograde
ˈrɛtrəɡreɪd/
adjective

1. 1.
    directed or moving backwards.

Do us all a favour and shut down the servers.

• Like 2

slowly I ask myself, why I keep staying HOTS............... and then I start to ask myself, why I still play this game and pay for it?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Rocky said:

slowly I ask myself, why I keep staying HOTS............... and then I start to ask myself, why I still play this game and pay for it?

Gotta start somewhere im down from 12 accounts less then a year ago to only 3 at the moment and that number will continue to shrink as well. 

1 hour ago, Alexgopen said:

13:11 - Retrograde: The whole kingdom thing is simply so it fits in mechanics wise, hots isnt so much a kingdom as a group of peopple who follow lib

This just in guys. HotS was never meant to be a kingdom, so lets just nerf the current most active epic kingdom further into the ground so that we drive away the rest of our remaining customers, and then maybe we can remove that pesky non-kingdom.

*facepalm* 

but but but bl is a kingdom, we have our own kingdom tabard

Dunno what to say about this.... it was intended from the begining to give hots only lib... so why were there Nathan convert option at the blacklight altar? Just programmed in by accident?

Wouldnt say anyhting, if hots would be too strong and its to balance pvp, but hots is already weakest kingdom... no powerful healspell.... this just makes no sense.

8 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I'm asking myself the same question.  I was starting to feel more positive about the direction that things were going.  I just restarted an account to be Tosiek to be able to play Valrei game better.  Now I am told that not only that I can't, but even if I won godhood that I wouldn't be eligible to play it as BL but would have to switch to WL.  How am I supposed to react to that?

• Like 3

I think of Wurm as a womb that houses twins (Epic and Freedom). One twin is healthy and gets a steady supply of nutrients but could be more if the other twin wasn't stealing them to cling to an existence that can't really be called a life. The parents are faced with a tough decision. Undergo surgery to give the 2nd twin more nutrients so it can thrive and have a better life whilst taking from the healthy twins supply risking it's health. The other option is to neglect the 2nd twin and let nature take it's course while the 1st gets fat off the whole supply.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dammo said:

*facepalm* 

but but but bl is a kingdom, we have our own kingdom tabard

can devs please change "kingdom tabard" into "group-of-people tabard" for us HOTS player asap.

1 hour ago, Alexgopen said:

lol, someone has obviously never played wurm pvp before, and that someone is codeclub's PR manager

jesus this game is dying from within

Well, imho the whole trouble is the lore... or lack of lore and the others kingdoms / gods tied to them. Hots is the horde of the summoned, libilla followers... all right, that make them lib. The trouble is how the others kingdoms fit within, they can have any gods they choose and it's even worse with the PMKs / Player gods.

On a simple game design, it's either 1 kingdom = 1 god (or heck, just scrap the whole kingdom thing and make it a group of followers)... or one kingdom = players together following differents gods.

As such, HoTs and Libilla are an anomaly that need to be fixed in a way or another. A rework of the kingdom concept / god followers might be an interesting way to explore in term of pvp <insert note about history and religion wars>.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alexgopen said:

This has to be joke. -1, revert the lock. Not wanted. Not needed. Gtfo

• Like 2

I'm not BL, but I still want Retro join Ts so i can rip you a new ##hole, this is beyond a joke and this sentence does not represent my true anger for BL 

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 8