Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

Make a way to get rid of planted bsb outside of deed

Got a cave I need to collapse, wich is outside of deed.

Inside I found few planted torch lamps, few coffers, few planted banners and 1 planted bsb.

I cannot push torch lamps out but I can bash them.

I can load coffers to vehicle or push them out.

I cannot push banners but I can bash them.

I cannot push out bsb, cannot pick it up (despite there is a steal option) and CANNOT bash it. Also this bsb is not locked and it is empty.

So only option left to collapse this cave tile is to wait looooooooong time till bsb get so high damage that I can pick it up.

Nonsense.

When I first started, I have had a deed near Lormere, after long years I came back and still have 1 ql lamps, bsbs, forges with low damage in my old tunnel, so gl waiting :) Things in caves decay veeeeeery slow :) 

I would try asking a GM if they can remove it. They might say "we cannot do that" but i would rather try that  first rather than making a gameplay mechanic change.

The reason why is, allowing players to bash  offdeed BSBs could open harrassment of newbie players who do not yet have a deed and are living out of a cave etc.

However if the BSB is emplty and the cave is otherwise cleared out, a GM might find a way to allow you to collapse the tile.

If this mechanic is to prevent harrassment then it is completly wrong.

Now, bashing lamps, I get 0,3 dmg every action, that means that I need at least 60-70 actions to bash it. I imagine it would be similar with bsb.

Who would spend so much time to destroy newbie bsb?

Now with this mechanic I can go to any place, outside a deed where people working on mines/canals and plant empty bsbs on each tile. Then their work would be blocked for infinite time (if they need to collapse), or they would be forced to plant deed to prevent this.

I would still suggest first asking a GM whether it is within their authority to remove it. 

With good reason, I am leery of gamewide mechanics being changed to meet the onetime need of a specific player. It's sometimes hard to know all possible repercussions.  

If you already asked a GM to assist and they wouldn't help you, then I missed that part. 

>>Who would spend so much time to destroy newbie bsb?

You'd be surprised at the efforts some veteran players will take to chase off a newbie who they believe is ruining their neighborhood. A single lamp is much eaiser to replace than a BSB of all their collected resources.  

>Now with this mechanic I can go to any place, outside a deed where people working on mines/canals and plant empty bsbs on each tile. Then their work would be blocked for infinite time (if they need to collapse), or they would be forced to plant deed to prevent this.

I imagine in that case a GM might warn you that you were in danger of being labelled a "toxic player" or deliberately griefing others. 

I'd be more likely to support this if GMs said there was widespread problems with the current situation. I'm not opposing your suggestion just to oppose it, I'm just really against making gamewide changes to accomate a single player;s needs if its possible for a GM action to solve the problem instead.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

If mechanic is bad, I don't see a reason not to change it. Now I can spam all places with bsbs and people gonna watch them everyday for at least year or longer. Nothing should be untouchable.

Well I ninja edited my response above, but my response here would be the same - you could be opening yourself to warnings and/or disciplinary action from GMs if you are deliberately trying to spoil the gameplay of others by planting BSBs everywhere. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

What do you mean by gamewide changes? Any change in mechanic is gamewide. Every suggestion on this suggestions and ideas forum would couse to gamewide change if approved.

So stop bold it like it was some unusal cuircumstance, fanabery on one specific player.

Planted deed, removed bsb, disbanded deed, hoooray......

Sorry. -1 from me as well for a single mechanic change only applying to bulk bins.

But +1 for a general mechanic how to better get rid of items (planted or not) on abandoned spots/in abandoned caves. I'm all for protecting the items of players off-deed, especially items from new players, but I'm all against protecting the off-deed items of players that have not logged in for 2 RL months.

13 minutes ago, Eobersig said:

Sorry. -1 from me as well for a single mechanic change only applying to bulk bins.

But +1 for a general mechanic how to better get rid of items (planted or not) on abandoned spots/in abandoned caves. I'm all for protecting the items of players off-deed, especially items from new players, but I'm all against protecting the off-deed items of players that have not logged in for 2 RL months.

This bsb was:

- empty

- without a lock

- damaged

• Like 1

Hmmm, I was under the impression that allowing planting and securing also came with the ability to bash, will check

• Like 1