Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

Deliverance Downtime Update Thread

I will post any news regarding the downtime in this thread. Please keep it on-topic.

Why the downtime?

Deliverance has been having stability issues as of late that started sometime around Christmas. Some may have experienced the locking up and subsequent restarts. I will be addressing this issue today as well as using this time to update some software packages.

Why the weekend?

My time has been split up quite a bit lately, and I didn't want to risk attempting this resolution without proper time to give in the event that things go wrong. I don't expect things to go wrong, but I've also worked in the IT industry for over 15 years. You always hope for and do your best, yet prepare for the worst.

What should I do while I'm waiting?

I recommend visiting other servers if you still want your Wurm fix! You could also join us on IRC.

What should I NOT do during the downtime?

To be safe, do not use the shop to add time or silver to any character still on Deliverance during the downtime. Do not send mail to characters on Deliverance and do not try to plot course or travel via normal borders. We do block most of these things in the event that a server is down, but it's best to be safe rather than sorry.

• Like 3

Update #1

Maintenance is going smoothly! Server hamsters are enjoying the down time, though the boredom has driven them to chew on various wires. I hope none are important.

Update #2

Ushering hamsters back to their assigned posts as I bring the server up in maintenance mode. This is a precaution to ensure everything went smoothly.

• Like 1

Update #3

DONE! Deliverance is open for business!

Please post here if you have any issues connecting.

I have had lag since the restart, I know not everyone is, but this is making the game unplayable for me.

I tried changing my DNS and still choppy and delays.

Well, on the weird stuff happening since the 'fix', i had a lamp planted underground appearing to the surface. Dunno if related in anyways. (Or just some usual wurm shenanigans)

I dragged a few small carts into a mine the other day and when I entered it again a bit later they were both up towards the ceiling floating in the air. Just had a chuckle about it and left them as is.

=Ayes=

19 hours ago, Ayes said:

I dragged a few small carts into a mine the other day and when I entered it again a bit later they were both up towards the ceiling floating in the air. Just had a chuckle about it and left them as is.

=Ayes=

You got ghost......Or are underwater and not aware of it yet.....

Closing this thread.

The issues posted here seem to either be related to lag or other issues (some known) which should either be posted under the bugs forum or posted under the bug if it already exists there.

Thanks!