Sign in to follow this  
Hailiah

[Resolved] New Laptop issues

I have a new windows 10 laptop (msi gaming G series) and i cannot seem to get Wurm to work.

I click the Play button on the main web page and a window pops up asking what to open it with, ive chosen java (which i downloaded 64 version) and there is a brief flash of a window opening then nothing.

The download of Wurm doesnt seem to be completeing or even starting.

Can you see in your wurm folder (sometimes on desktop)  if there are any files named hs_err_pid and console.charactername.log , post the results here, it will make it possible to see what the issue is.

it is possible it is having issues connectig to the patch server, if nothing seems to start downloading. The error logs should tell us.

Try also downloading and installing the game to the location c:\games\wurm as that sometimes has less issue than in windows-protected system folders. 

Also can you give me the precise model of your MSI G series laotop wo i can check the drivers available online for it.

if there is a shortcut to wurm on your desktop, does it give a right-click option to launch with NVidia?

If there is no shortcut, see if there is an NVidia control panel, try going to Manage 3D Settings > Global and tell it to always use high performance nvidia

MSI G series is a high end gaming laptop, usually with both intel graphics for programs and nvidia for games. But the optimus driver program tends to think Java is a program and not a game, so it may be trying to use the wrong graphics adapter. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

You need to launch the .jnpl file using javaws.exe, not java. (Sorry if you did this way, but you said only "java" in your post.)

• Like 2

Thank you both for your help, Jacques you were right, its working now.

• Like 1