Sign in to follow this  
xxxpoisonxxx

Xxxpoisonxxx was hit by lightning!

As there seems to be an interest from players regarding the event i will share the relevant info.  Unfortunatelly i did not get a screen capture in time.

[Event tab]

[22:19:32] YOU ARE HIT BY LIGHTNING! OUCH!

[22:19:32] A strange dizziness runs through your head, eventually sharpening your senses.

[Skill tab]

[22:19:32] Mind speed increased by 3.1010 to 23.7014

Each piece of equipped armor and weapons received 20 damage (ouch) and no title -_-

• Like 9

Wow, with that kind of gain I foresee a lot of standing outside in the rain in the future!

• Like 2

20dmg per items that's not to bad,   were you in the ocean or up top of a mountain?

Congratulations, depending on server size there is VERY VERY small chance for this to happen. This chance is roughly:

• 0.000024% chance on 2k servers (Deliverance, Exodus, Pristine, Release)
  • 0.000006% chance on 4k servers (Independence)
  • 0.0000015% chance on 8k servers (Xanadu)

Conclusion? You are more likely to win some lotteries than getting hit by lightning in Wurm. :)

• Like 12

I got struck by lightning about 3 years ago on Release.  I'm sure it's in the event logs if the server admins can see back that far, but I'm disappointed I never got the title for it.

Wow! There's a Twitter event for that but I never bothered tracking it on Niarja because it's so incredibly unlikely. I guess I'll have to add it now.

• Like 6

Actually, check this out:

2014-06-24 15:52:54  Tiberio was hit by lightning!
2014-07-12 14:48:19  Prezes was hit by lightning!
2014-07-14 01:59:02  Wargasm was hit by lightning!
2015-02-15 15:13:31  Maxthx was hit by lightning!
2015-04-13 03:13:44  Worldtender was hit by lightning!
2017-02-15 23:01:58  Wolfikita was hit by lightning!
2017-02-20 21:56:38  Gwyn was hit by lightning!
2017-03-09 20:19:34  Xxxpoisonxxx was hit by lightning!

Had no idea it happened that frequently, wow!

• Like 4

Heh. Sweet. I was hoping I could get struck by lightning because I could use the boost in mind speed...but no go. Lucky you. :P

There was a thread about the last time someone was struck and they reported similar gains to mind related character skills as well. Then a Dev posted about how we would get dozens of Wurmians standing out in the rain wearing plate armor for hours on end :P

About 3 years ago my guy on Pristine was struck by lightning and I noticed that it was recorded on the Token under Area Events (whatever correct label). He took no damage from it but there was a lamppost on the next tile that took around 25.00 damage. Stat changes or gear damage I really didn't check for either. The flash effect was about the only really startling thing about the event. Weirdness for sure.

=Ayes=

4 hours ago, Ayes said:

About 3 years ago my guy on Pristine was struck by lightning and I noticed that it was recorded on the Token under Area Events (whatever correct label). He took no damage from it but there was a lamppost on the next tile that took around 25.00 damage. Stat changes or gear damage I really didn't check for either. The flash effect was about the only really startling thing about the event. Weirdness for sure.

=Ayes=

If lightning directly hits structure or objects, they WILL get damaged or/and destroyed - but chance of this happening is so small that I doubt anyone noticed this happening.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2017 at 1:17 PM, Warlander said:

Congratulations, depending on server size there is VERY VERY small chance for this to happen. This chance is roughly:

• 0.000024% chance on 2k servers (Deliverance, Exodus, Pristine, Release)
  • 0.000006% chance on 4k servers (Independence)
  • 0.0000015% chance on 8k servers (Xanadu)

Conclusion? You are more likely to win some lotteries than getting hit by lightning in Wurm. :)

Hey! Don't forget Celebration! I know we're quiet and all, but geez  lol

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, PandyLynn said:

Hey! Don't forget Celebration! I know we're quiet and all, but geez  lol

Ooops, sorry - we all love Celebration as well! :wub:

2 hours ago, Warlander said:

Ooops, sorry - we all love Celebration as well! :wub:

Maybe we oughta peep every once in a while. :lol:

On 3/10/2017 at 0:15 PM, thorgot said:

Wow, with that kind of gain I foresee a lot of standing outside in the rain in the future!

I'm gonna start rain dancing sermons.

It's gonna have to be on the smaller servers though, as that Xan percentage is brutal.

So encouraging new players to build on mountain tops for the view isn't a good idea? I mean they have leather on at least so not too bad getting struck.... 

• Like 1