Sign in to follow this  
Fablecrafter

Karma - Show on Healthbar

Just had the idea when I logged in today, that it'd be kinda nice if we could see our current karma, when we hover the mouse over our healthbar, much like how we can see our current Favor (which was added something "fairly recently"), wouldn't be a huge thing, but it'd still be nice to just see it every so often instead of having to type a command or open the karma window :)

• Like 4

That's all fine and dandy, but what about more uses for karma?

• Like 3

+1

also +1 for using karma for abilities outside of your meditation path

something like 500 karma to:

- enchant grass

- fill food and water bars

or even 1000-1500 karma for:

- cast lava

• Like 2

The karma light lamps spells are kinda useless.  On pve it doesn't make sense to waste expensive karma to light lamps.  On PvP the only somewhat worthwhile use for them is if you intentionally surround your deed with like a lamp on every tile, and cast light lamps to light them all up and lag out raiders so they either give up or can't really do anything because of the lag, but this surely isn't what it's intended for.  Vd did that to themselves once, when they cast it and had lamps planted in all the mines they had every other tile surrounding the outside of their dirtwalls.  Turned the game into a slideshow 

+1 for karma on healthbar and +1 for more useful karma spells 

While the new bless lamps might make the lamp light spell not as useful, I have used it when out exploring old mines.  Makes wandering around easier for me when in an old abandoned area.  I'm not against new spells but I'd rather not lose the ones we do have.

• Like 1

+ 1 Good suggestion, simple and needed.

Edited by Theodein
  • Like 1

-.5 I'm probably dumb in saying this, but i believe Karma doesnt have a max? Stamina, health, thirst, hunger (nutrition), CCFP, favor, and sleep bonus all have maximum. I like having Karma be in a convenient area though, I would prefer seeing my karma immediately when opening up my character window, or equipment window, whatever its called. If karma does have a maximum and im just a noob ill edit this to a +1

+1 to an easier way to see how much karma we have.
-1 to a karma limit, don't see a need for it. 

thats will be usefull,instead to open always the Karma window.

or maybe create another mini HUD for use Karma and see it.

+1

Edited by Faster

16 hours ago, Matholameu said:

+1 to an easier way to see how much karma we have.
-1 to a karma limit, don't see a need for it. 

If this is implying i suggested a karma limit, I didnt. I was simply stated that everything on the health bar was limited and has a 100%, thus karma shouldn't be on it. Something like this would be nice (In spoiler)

Spoiler

Goi7mXp.png

Edited by Yiraia
Adding picture
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Yiraia said:

If this is implying i suggested a karma limit, I didnt. I was simply stated that everything on the health bar was limited and has a 100%, thus karma shouldn't be on it.

not really, favor and faith are both displayed and while technically could say faith would be a maximum 100% for favor, faith displayed is not "83/100" or something.  both are also not even shown as a % since they are actual values.  faith/favor aren't even displayed on the actual health bar itself unless you're a priest, and then it's still only favor shown

I see no reason we cant have the last line of the health bar popup shown as "Favor: 100/100   Karma: 1000"

Edited by MrGARY
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MrGARY said:

not really, favor and faith are both displayed and while technically could say faith would be a maximum 100% for favor, faith displayed is not "83/100" or something.  both are also not even shown as a % since they are actual values.

While they aren't shown as a percentage, they can be represented as a percentage. Favor has a purple bar that can reach a maximum that depends on faith just like stamina can reach a maximum that depends on damage. Karma has no maximum.. just like you said it would be "1000" on a bar... How do you show 1000? Just a misty looking karma bar that shows a number when you mouse over it? Inventory weight has more of a reason to be placed in the health bar, considering the max is dependent on body strength. Putting Karma on the health bar is very well possible... but just doesn't fit well

not the bar itself just the hover popup...  faith never displays on the bar itself, and favor does not display if not a priest.  med title doesn't show either but all of this is on the hover popup.  it doesn't need a bar

• Like 1