Sign in to follow this  
Darkren

Server not visible to host in public "Internet" listings tab

I'm crossposting this issue from the Steam WU Community discussion hub, in hopes of maybe getting the right eyes on the problem here.

Prior to this problem, my server was visible to me both in the Internet and LAN tab. We had a change of modem/router in a vain attempt to fix an internet issue on our ISP's part. Redid the relevant ports and managed to get BOTH of our two servers finally showing up on the list. Strangely now, no one on this network can see either server in the Internet list, but it is visible to us in the LAN listing, and people outside the network seem to be able to connect to it normally. My worry here is that it might only be visible to some people, for whatever reason. (The important server in question is Hillbrook Isles - confirmation that it's visible would be appreciated.)

Server 1 (Hillbrook Isles) has 27016 UDP, 3725 TCP open, Server 2 has 27017 UDP, 3724 TCP open. 8766 TCP/UDP appears to be inconsequential, but is currently open to the former, Hillbrook Isles. Again, I emphasize that both servers are available to connect to externally, so the ports are indeed working.

Attempting to connect to our servers via Connect to IP fails and throws the error "<Connection timed out: connect>".

I'm a bit tempted to guess is that the new modem is disallowing internal machines to connect to other internal machines (or themselves) using an external IP or something? I'm not quite network-savvy enough to know what I'd be looking for in my modem/router settings to fix that.

If the ports are open (OS and router firewall) and routed correctly then then only cause is that your ISP is blocking.

I Know on my home dedicated server i had to switch ports a few times to find an open one.

www.canyouseeme.org help alot,