Sign in to follow this  
Theodein

Third Person View

9 hours ago, _Teal_ said:

I feel like 3rd view takes away from the game

It can be an option and should only be an option. This way those who want to stay 1st person can and those wanting 3rd person can as well. 

There just is no excuse for the wurm team about this being implemented. This game has been out far to long and this has been a consistent complaint since the game started. There is no loss of immersion and for some it will add more immersion. There will be no benefits to 3rd person view that is not already possible in game. 

That seems to be the case, yes. I was actually unaware when making this thread that some of these "advantages" was possible as it is right now. But Yes, this future would greatly benefit the game.

-1    Just my opinion.

To me 1st person emerges you deeper into your character and you feel like "You Are" the character.  They should deeply improve "mouse look" mode to actual work like an FPS shooter game.  By doing that hopefully eliminates the need for people wanting to go 3rd person.  I use "mouse look" mode while walking around and always wish I could do more with it.  Glad space bar is default for this.  Makes it easier to switch.

Only reason I see wanting a 3rd person view mode is for when you are staring at a forge all day.  At least can look at what your doing and see the actions that way and don't get burned out in the same position looking at static pictures.  Other than that 3rd person is :(

I play a lot of FPS games and would love to see more FPS "Mouse Look" options.

Like for combat, if you are looking and pointing at someones right arm and attacking, then it would target the arm on the target paper doll.  Or aiming for the head, then it targets the head on the paper doll fighting window thing.

Everything in this game right now is...... Click.....Wait....Click....Wait.....  Click head....wait...click arm...wait.... go to the bathroom while fighting because you know you'll be standing there for 3 minutes anyways waiting.........

Went to the bathroom this morning and forgot I was afk for another 10 minutes...Came back and I found out I killed 2 trolls.  Pretty boring there.  Trolls should have killed me since I wasn't able to be engaged in the fight since I was in the bathroom, but oh well...that's wurm....   Click...wait....

I know this game can't do instant actions, but there are so many more ways to make us feel like we are more engaged.  Like fighting in a rift is honestly one of the most boring thing I've done in WO and don't do it anymore for awhile now.  I click 3 buttons most of the time I'm there.  Target, Attack, Aim Head.....target, attack, aim head....go to the kitchen grab a snack...still fighting aiming at head so go do something else....around the house.

The added animations is a Great way to add more depth for us and thanks for those so far.  I haven't noticed any difference in Chaos though except for pushing and drinking water.  I want to see someone on the ground when I shield bash, but haven't seen it yet.

--- Mainly PvP related here below -----

Good example.  They added first person view in Grand Theft Auto 5 which is awesome when driving and fighting.  I usually stay in 1st person while playing now.  But I do go to 3rd person view to look around walls and corners and try to see angles I can see in 1st.  Even in GTA5 online you can see around corners in 3rd person view which gives an advantage.

This would suck in Chaos.  Switch to 3rd person view to look around a wall then switch back to 1st person and go fight.

Can't remember the other game that had 1st and 3rd, but 3rd person view means you can see a great deal more than the person using 1st person which gives an advantage.

Edited by nicedreams

That was more of a suggestion post I just made.  lol

Edited by nicedreams

On 3/18/2017 at 8:41 PM, nicedreams said:

-1    Just my opinion.

To me 1st person emerges you deeper into your character and you feel like "You Are" the character.  They should deeply improve "mouse look" mode to actual work like an FPS shooter game.  By doing that hopefully eliminates the need for people wanting to go 3rd person.  I use "mouse look" mode while walking around and always wish I could do more with it.  Glad space bar is default for this.  Makes it easier to switch.

Only reason I see wanting a 3rd person view mode is for when you are staring at a forge all day.  At least can look at what your doing and see the actions that way and don't get burned out in the same position looking at static pictures.  Other than that 3rd person is :(

I play a lot of FPS games and would love to see more FPS "Mouse Look" options.

Like for combat, if you are looking and pointing at someones right arm and attacking, then it would target the arm on the target paper doll.  Or aiming for the head, then it targets the head on the paper doll fighting window thing.

Everything in this game right now is...... Click.....Wait....Click....Wait.....  Click head....wait...click arm...wait.... go to the bathroom while fighting because you know you'll be standing there for 3 minutes anyways waiting.........

Went to the bathroom this morning and forgot I was afk for another 10 minutes...Came back and I found out I killed 2 trolls.  Pretty boring there.  Trolls should have killed me since I wasn't able to be engaged in the fight since I was in the bathroom, but oh well...that's wurm....   Click...wait....

I know this game can't do instant actions, but there are so many more ways to make us feel like we are more engaged.  Like fighting in a rift is honestly one of the most boring thing I've done in WO and don't do it anymore for awhile now.  I click 3 buttons most of the time I'm there.  Target, Attack, Aim Head.....target, attack, aim head....go to the kitchen grab a snack...still fighting aiming at head so go do something else....around the house.

The added animations is a Great way to add more depth for us and thanks for those so far.  I haven't noticed any difference in Chaos though except for pushing and drinking water.  I want to see someone on the ground when I shield bash, but haven't seen it yet.

--- Mainly PvP related here below -----

Good example.  They added first person view in Grand Theft Auto 5 which is awesome when driving and fighting.  I usually stay in 1st person while playing now.  But I do go to 3rd person view to look around walls and corners and try to see angles I can see in 1st.  Even in GTA5 online you can see around corners in 3rd person view which gives an advantage.

This would suck in Chaos.  Switch to 3rd person view to look around a wall then switch back to 1st person and go fight.

Can't remember the other game that had 1st and 3rd, but 3rd person view means you can see a great deal more than the person using 1st person which gives an advantage.

I don't actually mind the "click and wait" role of the game. Though a more immersive first person could be achieved with actually attaching the camera to your characters head, so when the head moves , the camera does. This will keep you lover on the ground when meditating and sitting etc instead of being able to look down on yourself when doing these fancy things. I still hope most for a third person view. 

I am sure not letting this thread be pushed down by all the other suggestions! 

But seriously , I will probably create a poll for this.