Sign in to follow this  
Marcus

Remove Restrictions From F2P on Epic

I know I saw a very similar if not identical thread that was locked because it was a business decision. However id like to voice that every suggestion here is a potential business decision. Every suggestion in wurm that has gone through and been added has influenced wurm's business. If a bad suggestion was added then player pop could go down resulting in lost revenue, if a good suggestion was added it might attract people resulting in increased revenue. It really only is a business decision when you guys think about adding it to the game, right now it's just a suggestion.

Another thing, is a game not supposed to cater to its player base? Would giving the players what they want, while the heads of the financial department find a way to make money out of it, what great game companies do?

While I cannot see the player population of epic right now as the website wont let me, last time I checked a week ago or maybe sooner, the population was 27, while every other freedom server at upwards of 100 or near to it.

This means that out of 4 servers from freedom, they averaged around 400 and the 4 servers on epic was 27. Epic has died.

Freedom has always been where your current financial tactic has yielded the most gain for wurm, so that is why this suggestion is for epic only. I'm sure there are many ways you can make a high population epic create massive revenue by instead of having premium remove restrictions you give premium bonuses or other such ideas, I'm sure the financial gurus at code club can think up wicked ways to gain revenue but the problem is you gotta kick start the epic population again.

I believe that if f2p accounts on epic acted as premium accounts now, epic could be fired up again. Last time I played epic you could buy money from the wurm store so it's not like you wont be making revenue I'm sure there would be quite a few people that will be buying rez stones.

Now I'm only one person and my idea might be totally awful but all I'm asking is that the community voice their opinions on the matter.

Now I'm not asking the heads of wurm to go and remove the f2p restrictions on f2p accounts, I'm asking you to not close this thread and let the community voice their opinions on the matter, then yourselves make a decision on the way you want to handle Epic perhaps based on what the community thinks will do the greatest good.

Edited by Marcus

Come play with me on chaos. Miss u marcus.

From a completely selfish "got mine" point of view, +1, I like free stuff.

Thinking about the game as a whole, -1, not that the devs would lose a lot of money, but the alt population would skyrocket, no idea how they can make money off of alts.

The meta uses of free alts, although curbed in recent years, are still enough of a pain in the bum that it's better to keep pushing towards premium players.  And, quite frankly, if the only way to get people to play on Epic is to give it away for nothing, then Epic isn't worth saving.  I loved my time on Epic, and there are (were) some great people over there, but making it free isn't the answer.

16 minutes ago, Wonka said:

Epic isn't worth saving.

QFT