Sign in to follow this  
Steveleeb

AFK tag in Local

It strikes me, that very many chars get said `hello` to by some random passing stranger, but there's no one at home.
I have witnessed a few assuming ignorance, which is ridiculous, i agree. but there we have it.
There are many reason to sit a character in the game and go afk, in WO you can run more than one window and have more than one char so this happens alot.

The suggestion;

Maybe change the colour of our name when afk, or have an AFK tag sit next to it.
one argument against this is that `most people don't bother with the afk command`.. well of course they don't, it doesn't affect local.

Edited by Steveleeb
accidental paste added a table
  • Like 2

+1 at least as long as it is switched on/off by the player (like the current /afk) and not automatic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steveleeb said:

It strikes me, that very many chars get said `hello` to by some random passing stranger, but there's no one at home.
I have witnessed a few assuming ignorance, which is ridiculous, i agree. but there we have it.
There are many reason to sit a character in the game and go afk, in WO you can run more than one window and have more than one char so this happens alot.

The suggestion;

Maybe change the colour of our name when afk, or have an AFK tag sit next to it.
one argument against this is that `most people don't bother with the afk command`.. well of course they don't, it doesn't affect local.

Maybe they are not afk and just anti-social, I know quite a few people who never respond to chatter in local.

Then put afk on all the time people would get the point eventually. +1 had people saying hello and  didn't noticed.

-1 for pvp servers don't care for pve. Depending on who it is in local I won't talk to them even if they talk. 

Reason: Wurm is a game where depending on what you do, literally everyone is tabbing in and out between different tabs, or between wurm and movies or wurm and whatever else. This is general knowledge, so delayed response times as well as sometimes no response at all if someone doesn't notice the message are to be expected.