Sign in to follow this  
zigozag

Survey / Plan bridges without alts

We have 'plant' option on range poles for some reason, but a character is still required to hold it, while we're aiming dioptra at it. Why not aim dioptra on a lone planted range pole?

Apart from bridgeplanning, this would help with surveying big areas where it makes sense to plant few dozens of range poles to make a heightmap.

Also allow it to be planted in corners for more precise surveying.

• Like 3

Yep, in WU you just *plant* the range pole and plan the bridge yourself, so would be handy in WO as well. Maybe they think this encourages player interaction? Still, I just used my alt to plan mine in WO the few times that I built them. So yea, *planting* should be the way to go.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I was just about to post that already have this in WU surprised you guys dont that already. 

So i will +1 this for you guys

I have never had a problem using alts or finding a friend to help survey a bridge.

14 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

I have never had a problem using alts or finding a friend to help survey a bridge.

Congratulations!

+1 to the planting suggestion.

• Like 2

The planting of the range pole actually came in for WU (since single players could not play two alts without tricking Steam).

WO never was a single player game and so we didn't get this option to WO.

41 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

I have never had a problem using alts.

we know.

+1 shouldn't have to rely on alts or friends.

I'll agree that I like the interaction aspect of planning a bridge, but at the same time, for those who don't have anyone to assist them when they need it, or don't wish to create an alt for this, or as many players already have an alt, have to log onto them and be troubled with doing it this way, I'd support the idea :)

+1

+1 and increase the visibility of the range pole when indoors/on a house plan.

As it is, you can only do 4 tile length bridges from house to house in WU. Any more than 5 tiles distance and the range pole doesn't render.

+1 for planting range pole

but also + 1 to leave old system, in some places it's more convinient when other person is holding range pole, so You don't need to run forth and over (some big craters, other side of big water etc)