Sign in to follow this  
Meman46

Why?

To be honest I'm not completely sure why I posted this or what the goal of it is but it sure would be fun to learn why something(anything) is the way it is. Throw it at me!

BECAUSE

... "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they're afraid it might be true. Peoples' heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

... "The greatest harm can result from the best intentions."

... Passion rules reason."

...  "There is magic in sincere forgiveness. Magic to heal. In forgiveness you grant, and more so in the forgiveness you receive."

...  "Mind what people do, not only what they say, for deeds will betray a lie."

... The first law of reason is this: what exists, exists, what is, is and from this irreducible bedrock principle, all knowledge is built. It is the foundation from which life is embraced.

...  "Life is the future, not the past. The past can teach us, through experience, how to accomplish things in the future, comfort us with cherished memories, and provide the foundation of what has already been accomplished. But only the future holds life. To live in the past is to embrace what is dead. To live life to its fullest, each day must be created anew. As rational, thinking beings, we must use our intellect, not a blind devotion to what has come before, to make rational choices."

...  A contradiction cannot exist in reality. Not in part, nor in whole.

...  "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self."

...  Knowledge is dangerous in the wrong hands.

...  “There have always been those who hate, and there always will be.”

(For anyone wondering, these are the wizard's rules from Sword of Truth. So amazing.)

Edited by Yldrania

1 minute ago, Mordraug said:

Because you should never cross your chopsticks.

Thank you. For your assistance in this matter. I do just have one follow up question: Why?

Fact: You need mucus in your stomach.

Why: Because without it your stomach would digest itself.

Just now, Shrimpiie said:

Fact: You need mucus in your stomach.

Why: Because without it your stomach would digest itself.

Ah but just imagine the nutritional value.......

7 minutes ago, Yldrania said:

BECAUSE

... "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they're afraid it might be true. Peoples' heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

... "The greatest harm can result from the best intentions."

... Passion rules reason."

...  "There is magic in sincere forgiveness. Magic to heal. In forgiveness you grant, and more so in the forgiveness you receive."

...  "Mind what people do, not only what they say, for deeds will betray a lie."

... The first law of reason is this: what exists, exists, what is, is and from this irreducible bedrock principle, all knowledge is built. It is the foundation from which life is embraced.

...  "Life is the future, not the past. The past can teach us, through experience, how to accomplish things in the future, comfort us with cherished memories, and provide the foundation of what has already been accomplished. But only the future holds life. To live in the past is to embrace what is dead. To live life to its fullest, each day must be created anew. As rational, thinking beings, we must use our intellect, not a blind devotion to what has come before, to make rational choices."

...  A contradiction cannot exist in reality. Not in part, nor in whole.

...  "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self."

...  Knowledge is dangerous in the wrong hands.

...  “There have always been those who hate, and there always will be.”

(For anyone wondering, these are the wizard's rules from Sword of Truth. So amazing.)

Thank you very much for the help I feel this answers part of my question but motivates me to commit evil deeds whatever they may be. Might I ask you a follow up question?: When?

Just now, Meman46 said:

Thank you very much for the help I feel this answers part of my question but motivates me to commit evil deeds whatever they may be. Might I ask you a follow up question?: When?

ALWAYS.

People are ALWAYS stupid. Good intentions can ALWAYS cause harm. Great passion ALWAYS rules reason. Forgiveness ALWAYS contains magic. Deeds ALWAYS betray lies. What exists ALWAYS exists. Life is ALWAYS the future, not the past. A contradiction can ALWAYS not (=Never) exist. Turning aside from the truth willfully is ALWAYS treason to one's self. Knowledge is ALWAYS dangerous in the wrong hands. There have ALWAYS been those who hate, and there ALWAYS will be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yldrania said:

ALWAYS.

People are ALWAYS stupid. Good intentions can ALWAYS cause harm. Great passion ALWAYS rules reason. Forgiveness ALWAYS contains magic. Deeds ALWAYS betray lies. What exists ALWAYS exists. Life is ALWAYS the future, not the past. A contradiction can ALWAYS not (=Never) exist. Turning aside from the truth willfully is ALWAYS treason to one's self. Knowledge is ALWAYS dangerous in the wrong hands. There have ALWAYS been those who hate, and there ALWAYS will be.

I would ask you Who, what, where, and how but I believe you've answered all of my follow up questions! Thank you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yldrania said:

Deeds ALWAYS betray lies.

Hmm... I didn't knew that Wurm deeds have this functionality, how to toggle it? :)

• Like 1

y is a crooked letter and cant be straightened :P

5 hours ago, Warlander said:

Hmm... I didn't knew that Wurm deeds have this functionality, how to toggle it? :)

Hopefully something these Valrei magic weird stuffz can help us accomplish :o

On 3/7/2017 at 9:41 PM, Meman46 said:

Thank you. For your assistance in this matter. I do just have one follow up question: Why?

Makes some funeral/death allusion, similar in a way to why you don't scratch your eyebrow with your middle finger during an interview......... 

Why not? Just as relevant to the contrarian yet generally involves too much effort. So yea, why will do if you know the answer. If not, then yea, why not?

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Because it just is.

There is no reason, it just is.

Closure is a human trait that could be viewed as a fault.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.