Nadroj

Magranon's Rest - Recording my descent into madness.

Every day I get more amazed at the complexity of this project. Yesterday I fell on a drop shaft/different level area within the mine. The distance I fell lets me appreciate how big the interior of the cave is...

It's like one day Nadroj woke up and said: I'm putting this mountain inside a BSB, and so far, he has...

• Like 3

Now all i have to do is convince more people to come do my work for me...

• Like 2

Sorry for the lack of glorious image updates guys, been working on the mine (which is haaaaard to get good pictures of), big thanks for that go to @Angelklaine, and settling a couple of people who were silly enough to become my first human citizens (technically my first citizen is a champion bear) who were incredibly kind as to pay out of their own pockets to buy me enough dirt to give them a plot of land to build their house on! 

Big shout out to @kilgharrahand @Kialexiafor being fool enough to become part of the madness :)

I think i'll get a nice pic next week when it becomes super easy to slate slab all the walls :P

Here's the current Deedplanner image :) @Warlanderwill we ever see these capable of mapping mines? Would love to properly show mine off!

XIL1uye.png?1

The canal is....a little off on the water height haha.

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nadroj said:

Here's the current Deedplanner image :) @Warlanderwill we ever see these capable of mapping mines? Would love to properly show mine off!

You can map mines already, just switch to floors below the surface.

Mines and surface are completely separate layers - this is a design decision, having them in the same layer would make editing map with both surface and underground features much more complicated.

Exporting mines from game is impossible for now due to how the export feature is working.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2017 at 3:18 AM, Nadroj said:

Shrimpiie told me i was needed there too O.o

Why does everyone want me to scar my beloved Magranon?

it's not a scar on magranon :D it's a scar made in magranons name :)

• Like 1

If i missed someone do yell at me.

I put in like 3 hours of floor leveling total.

I haven't really done that much yet Nadroj, just a couple tiles. Slowed down a bit because I ran out of sleep bonus but will get back in the game as soon as Seylene is back to max!

Also, I am keeping an eye on that canal. Once the update hits, I might dredge for a bit for some dirt! We'll see.

So now with the new paving options i have to make a choice. What colour to make the walls! Originally i stated that i'd have liked marble but the marble slabs look horrible stretched imo. Marble brick paving looks a lot nicer but that doesn't mean the slate brick/slab options are now bad. Interested what people think.

1. Stick with the "dark fortress" slate look

2. Switch to marble bricks and make it white, probably more in keeping with Magranon as the deeds namesake

3. Do Sandstone brick as it's built over a desert and also works with Magranon.

4. Pottery brick because well....here it is in an image, doesn't look half bad to be fair.

QdTqn3y.jpg

E9EJxw6.jpg

The slate slab (or is it slate brick between the marble and sandstone? ) I like that look but I think a checkerboard of marble and slate would look good. personally I don't like the pottery look but might be interesting. Sandstone is good too, okay I wasn't much help then lol

Edit: Love the way your deed is shaping up btw :)

Edited by Rhianna
  • Like 1

Yeah the pottery one was just a wildcard i thought i'd try looking at, i still like the slate look but i'm very tempted by marble brick now. Slightly tempted by sandstone but thats more about it being a desert deed rather than thinking it looks best.

Alright heres a little preview of the work Angelklaine has been doing in the mine while i've continued to play in the dirt.

Spoiler

PfrEeSv.jpg

New slate gatehouse out of the south end of the main cavern

Spoiler

3L7gRQH.jpg

and the new marble bricked outer wall in Stable and Unstable clients respectively

Spoiler

Q0VMuFJ.jpg

Spoiler

fXSMMMA.jpg

• Like 7

I've slowed down a bit since I have been working on my humble abode and dualboxing my own personal deed at the same time. Its a challenge working on four accounts simultaneously, but I have managed a bit. Might have to tone it down when I go back to Chaos, but I swear I will get the mine area done. 

cover256x256-adb5b94f4a6a4017a4933d9c63e

I think i'll go for mixed colours and maybe some contrast by using a lot of slate later on, but for now i couldn't resist more marble

J0NjT5L.jpg

• Like 3

Slowly slowly one tile at a time i dump more dirt into this. Big progress on the mine lately too but i'll post an update about that when we complete the current section and i finish the guest houses i'm making today ^_^

Took a nice image of current progress in deedplanner with the new walls and the new sandstone mansion residence of a pair of my citizens.

Spoiler

n3cyL9L.png?1

• Like 1

If only you could use rock shards as backfill.

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 3

I will be continuing on the mine once I can bring Seylene back btw. She is currently working on Chaos. I havent left, just getting ready for peveepee!

Guest Houses are up, getting started on my underground city :D 

Spoiler

SjgjsQt.jpg

Spoiler

dT7HixT.jpg

Spoiler

DzU0FMc.jpg

Spoiler

U7CzY8R.jpg

Spoiler

JRt9fDF.jpg

Now i just need to furnish them and get back to digging!

Big thanks for this progress in the mine this week go to @armyskin who as i type this is levelling floors for Magranon.

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 5

That gaudy house with the pharapets is mine :D

I need to finish it. Thinking of removing pharapets and making fences like the others to make them all match. I better get back to mining too before Nadroj gives my house away and kicks me out!