Sign in to follow this  
linkfanpc

Various Connection and Joining Problems

1. When i start a server, without Dedicated Server checked, it works fine, but the "Connected to Steam" line never comes up, and my brother can't join. (See 5 for details.)

2. When i start a server with Dedicated Server checked, it sends me to the Steam Store page without opening the server config stuff.

3. I can't see any servers in any pages. Nothing in Internet, Local, etc.

4. If i connect to my brothers server via manually inputting the IP address and port, i get a "Permission Denied: connect" error, and nothing happens.

5. If my brother connects to my server, he gets a "Connection Timed Out" error, and nothing happens.

I don't understand what's happening. I bought Wurm for my brother, and we want to play together, but nothing will work. We can both join a server we create by manually inputting the IP address and port, but cannot join each other's.

1. 3. 4. 5. Sound like firewall and router issues. I.e. ports are being blocked and not routed to right IP.

2. It should start the dedicated server bundled with the client, but may be it cant fimd it so  It sends you to steam for you to install the dedicated server.

36 minutes ago, bigsteve said:

1. 3. 4. 5. Sound like firewall and router issues. I.e. ports are being blocked and not routed to right IP.

2. It should start the dedicated server bundled with the client, but may be it cant fimd it so  It sends you to steam for you to install the dedicated server.

So what can i do about the firewall?

23 minutes ago, Eject said:

from the forum search

Everything there is pointless to me. I have everything he says, have dedicated launcher, everything. But nobody can join me, and i can't join anybody or any server but my own.

Does this have something to do with ports and port fowarding? I've never done any of that before, but all my connections and stuff in the server config are good, and i can play any other multiplayer game on Steam flawlessly. I shouldn't need to port foward, should i?