Sign in to follow this  
Fablecrafter

Dragging Objects - Simpler Push/Pull

Just had this idea while spamming push on a bulk storage bin, that it'd be nice if we could tie ourselves to an object via a rope, and drag it along with us to where we want it, like how we can with carts and wagons. Granted same weight rules would apply as with carts and wagons, that it'd be slowing us down via the weight. But overall I think it'd be a nice quality of life feature to have :)

• Like 5

+1 although with the speed I can imagine that going when dragging things like BSB's I think it's almost faster to keybind push/pull and spam that button haha 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yldrania said:

+1 although with the speed I can imagine that going when dragging things like BSB's I think it's almost faster to keybind push/pull and spam that button haha 

True, not saying it'd be faster, probably very much the opposite, but would cut down on message and key spamming, mean we'd still be keeping the push and pull actions for those that'd prefer that after-all :)

+1

Could also add a new Impalong event... the 100 log bsb pull, or some such.

With the limitation on weight when dragging a cart though, you'd have to be pretty strong to make it worthwhile on bsb I think.

Also would maybe make it a mooring rope?  Something stronger than the regular ones.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

+1

Could also add a new Impalong event... the 100 log bsb pull, or some such.

With the limitation on weight when dragging a cart though, you'd have to be pretty strong to make it worthwhile on bsb I think.

Also would maybe make it a mooring rope?  Something stronger than the regular ones.

True about the rope, and making it worthwhile while pulling, is that it's just another option, albeit simpler than spamming keys to push and pull, but at the same time using more stamina, and doing it more slowly in the trade off, course I can see why some wouldn't like this, but again, some others would prefer this method.

Also of course it should be stated that it shouldn't be possible to pull something while riding or commanding a cart, wagon, or mount of any sort. Although, hitching something to a bull, or bison and leading it to pull heavier stuff could be possible, the thoughts of the old bull pulled plow come to mind :)