Sign in to follow this  
Yldrania

HoTA Statue Variety & Colors

Let's face it - HoTA statues are great. However, I think that the system we have for HoTAs right now really doesn't even remotely reach the true potential of these statues. I believe that we need some changes.

• Randomize glow colors. Sure, some colors can be rare and others more common, but randomize the drops and don't limit them to red after the first few HoTAs of a kingdom.
  • Add other glow colors. I mean, why ever not? Help us make our cities shine multi-color!
  • Make gold hotas actually golden. Seriously, why are they not already?
  • Add different types of materials for HoTA statues. Marble, Silver, Gold, Slate, Rock, Copper, etc. We have the materials - why not carry it over to HoTA statues and choose the type of material at random and change the texture of the statue to the actual material instead of just calling it "Gold Hota Statue" and keeping it look the same anyway.
  • For PvE - Add new HoTA-like statues that can be won by participating in rift events.
  • Any other ideas? Comment and I'll add.
Edited by Yldrania
  • Like 1

We tried suggesting this a while back and it got shot down to hell because people refused to believe that it wasn't some selfish attempt to make money off more hota statue colours (in spite of the suggestion being to allow existing, already sold, ones to be recoloured by anyone anytime). Interesting to see the same people who crapped all over that idea just because of who it was being posted by now +1ing a similar one, especially as they now have the bulk of the control of the market as we once did. Such a shame people have to act that way and let chaos kvk bias get in the way.

+1 from me anyways, it's been needed a long time.

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 5

jesus dude do you really gotta be so salty in a suggestion thread
way to bring kvk into this

classic MR

• Like 1

If you think thats salty,check the original post hes talking about :P

+1

Edited by Manik
  • Like 2

Just pointing out that it's sad this thread needs to exist, it shoulda been dealt with the first time this came up is all.

I sincerely hope that this can happen this time around now it's not seeing such opposition.

Edited by Nadroj

6 hours ago, Nadroj said:

We tried suggesting this a while back and it got shot down to hell because people refused to believe that it wasn't some selfish attempt to make money off more hota statue colours (in spite of the suggestion being to allow existing, already sold, ones to be recoloured by anyone anytime). Interesting to see the same people who crapped all over that idea just because of who it was being posted by now +1ing a similar one, especially as they now have the bulk of the control of the market as we once did. Such a shame people have to act that way and let chaos kvk bias get in the way.

+1 from me anyways, it's been needed a long time.

Well, I won't be having this problem since I don't sell HoTA statues - I just spend a fortune buying them and would like to be able to waste money on more variety :3 

• Like 2

Edit: Comment addressed, changed to a +1

Edited by Etherdrifter

Just now, Nadroj said:

There it is ! Hahahahahaa

It's all good. It will be alright. *gently pats your shoulder*

1 minute ago, Etherdrifter said:

Why on earth would we want to give PvP an even larger monopoly?

This is not a suggestion to improve a PvP situation - I myself am a Xanadu player now so I really have no connection to PvP in any way. It is a cosmetic improvement for every player, PvE and PvP, with which deeds with certain themes will be able to be decorated more appropriately. 

For example: I myself am currently building an Elven themed deed complex consisting of 5 deeds with adjacent perimeters that resemble a location from LoTR lore. HoTA statues by design PERFECTLY fit into such a city and really make the place look great, however Red, Cyan and Purple all don't fit into this deed design - what I'd need is white for one of the deeds, green for another and whatever I feel fits into the remaining ones. Now we have the situation that there are these AMAZING looking statues but their glow colors just don't fit into my deed theme, making it a tough choice whether I should put them there or not. With new colors, my PvE deed would be more perfect in my eyes - and let's face it: Perfection for our deeds is what we are all looking for in this game. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Yldrania said:

It's all good. It will be alright. *gently pats your shoulder*

This is not a suggestion to improve a PvP situation - I myself am a Xanadu player now so I really have no connection to PvP in any way. It is a cosmetic improvement for every player, PvE and PvP, with which deeds with certain themes will be able to be decorated more appropriately. 

For example: I myself am currently building an Elven themed deed complex consisting of 5 deeds with adjacent perimeters that resemble a location from LoTR lore. HoTA statues by design PERFECTLY fit into such a city and really make the place look great, however Red, Cyan and Purple all don't fit into this deed design - what I'd need is white for one of the deeds, green for another and whatever I feel fits into the remaining ones. Now we have the situation that there are these AMAZING looking statues but their glow colors just don't fit into my deed theme, making it a tough choice whether I should put them there or not. With new colors, my PvE deed would be more perfect in my eyes - and let's face it: Perfection for our deeds is what we are all looking for in this game. 

Yeh ok, that's actually a good argument.  I would suggest that HoTA statues find their way over to PvE some time though, a nice use for rift materials?

Changed to a +1 with previous comment amended.

• Like 1

Already a feature tbh... its just bugged. Been reported after years of observance on Chaos, and was suggested off and on prior with some.. "flak"

Though I don't mind them being paintable.

Edited by Klaa

8 hours ago, Soil said:

jesus dude do you really gotta be so salty in a suggestion thread
way to bring kvk into this

classic MR

:lol::lol::lol:

LMAO

Wahhhh now that MR is not hogging all those statues and getting filthy rich off them we want variety!

Really though I wanted different statues then, and I want different ones now.

14 hours ago, Mclovin said:

+1

In case anyone was wondering.

• Like 1

A kingdom can get roughly 2 dozen cyan/purple hota's in there first 30 wins, after that you get red and red and red.

Looking at niarja I noticed that crusaders are now stuck on the red cycle, and jk somehow got enough wins to be in the same boat. (so of coarse they would be sad now with only red for hota wins, much less demand for that color so they do command a higher price in the wurm market where a surplus of red statues has softened the market value).

eLRT1xg.png?1

This is the color cycle for the hota colors, and after the first 30 wins it just cycles over the red shades.

jlDRyg9.png

I feel this should not be changed till 80days after the last active hota kingdom gets stuck in red. it went years ###### over 2 kingdoms of $ know others are getting to the point where they got step up just to take it away is not good

• Like 1

+1 for variety, especially for gold statue

Edited by Maiev

Should have been changed ages ago.. I feel that at least the color changes for the first 30 wins and then just becomes shades of red after that... Maybe after 30 wins the random system kicks in and also changes the material the statue is made from along with the color and make it random. This kinda gives kingdoms the incentive to want to get enough wins under their belt to reach this point.. Possibly a reason to risk life for a chance to win. 

+1 to adding some change but I would like to see more thought as to how and and when the random starts.

• Like 2

I am sure it was pure bias before on the reluctance to change, and the bias is still be there, as the majority of the people who are in charge of things are heavily biased in doing anything that gives a reward to someone else.

Which is wrong, the rewards for winning a hota is a good incentive for kingdoms to work at achieving a win. With out the statues or moon metals there is no point in doing the event.

The funds for selling statues help the winning kingdoms pay for there upkeep and costs for playing on a pvp server and the people over on freedom do enjoy the unique decorations, if they didn't there would be no market for them.

Edited by JakeRivers