Sign in to follow this  
hebs

update 1.3 missing.

Hey.

Looking for the update for WU should be today, any idea what happened ? Cant find any answers on what time release is or if its not happening.

Hope someone can help with some answers.

they are not late yet, they said midday CET 

it is currently:    11:29 AM Monday, Central European Time (CET)

"Midday" is a vague term but to me, midday is afternoon ie  sometime after noon but before 5pm

edit: apparently everyone but americans consider it to mean "noon" ie  12-on-the-dot:  

https://forum.wordreference.com/threads/when-is-midday-sometime-between-12-and-3.1578205/

Anyway they said roughly midday so that's a little more vague.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Thats odd, i had an update on steam around 5pm oz time, but i rolled me back to 1.1.2.3 so im using the beta still... Soinds like something got screwed up... It updated me with the older version for some reason

Oh well, be tomorrow for me now, bed is calling...yes i do sleep sometime lol.. Thanks for the info, wondered what was going on 

Update times are traditionally unreliable and vague within Wurm. No doubt intentionally so as it gives a lot of leeway for adjustments to be made. Now this tradition has continued within Wurm Unlimited, which probably is not a bad thing in a certain respect, or maybe even a few.

Expect the unexpected and nothing more than less and all will be well since tomorrow is soon enough yet never to arrive; whereas, eventually these updates do.

=Ayes=

Sklotopolis is live on the new update. Come and play with us while you are waiting for other servers to come up.

• Like 1

As I'm usually doing both WU and WO updates, expect them to be morning Eastern US time. Hence the "midday". We try to give times in UTC.

I also made a post about the 1.1.2.3 rollback on the actual Steam forums. You really should check there for updates. I tend to post WU-specific items in the place where you actually purchase WU!

• Like 1

One problem is there are so many different places to look. Are we supposed to check Twitter? Facebook? Steam? The official Wurm Unlimited website? The official Wurm Online website? The official (and unofficial) IRC channels? If it is on Steam, is it in an official announcement or are we supposed to pick through all of the discussion threads? Going back how far? Will it be a pinned thread?

Originally Retro's announcement had said midday CET and to check #wurmunlimited for a more precise time as we got nearer. I am not a huge IRC enthusiast (though I know devs are) but i dusted off my incredibly rusty IRC skills and managed to connect to rizon and /join #wurmunlimited -- only to find a completely vacant channel. Messing around, i found everyone actually hangs out in #wurm. Nothing there, so I checked twitter/facebok "just in case".  I finally found retro's update in a reply comment in a steam discussion thread -- but there were several of those to sort through. And even though I read a number of those (enough to find retro's update that the update wouold be a few hours late), i never noticed your notice about a 1.1.2.3 rollback  i probably spent a good 30+ minutes checking various venues and reading through long convulted discussion threads. 

Heaven help the player who is not "smart" enough to guess the "well duh its so obvious" place for notices, when there are so many and many are not exactly intuitive or new player friendly. It would be nice if all of the devs got together and said, "ok we should have one official news source, so people know where to check, and not assume they have read every entry in a half dozen different locations and following a half dozen different threads"  Then if people want to spread the word from there, they can.  I prefer it not be IRC, because that venue is not very friendly to the non-initiated (and probably exactly why technical folks love it, as they get bothered less there than in more open community outlets and can actually get a little work done.. But that's what you have Retro for, right? 

My vote would be http://www.wurmunlimited.com/ for Wurm unlimited news, but the front page needs to be reorganized so plays can find news blurbs. Steam is too much of a mess to sort through for info.  (Store page? Announcements? Community discussion forums? Pinned threads?) and there is too much "noise" there from unrelated unofficial discussions, which the dev team has little control over. The WU website should give them complete control over navigation and display.

• Like 1

That's nice!  In a relative way I mean. I mean, if I was mean, I'd probably be a lot less ... nice about it? On an official Brash Snark Scale:

0 <<-------------------->> 10

(ZeroSnark)              (MegaSnark)

I think that was only about a  ...  1.7?  1.3?

Which makes it more non-snarky than snarky?

Oh dear. I did say to smack me if I forgot. Ok I wonder if I can go back and fix it ...

There. That looks better now!

Keenan : I apologize to you for it coming out snarky before. i am getting old, my old lady joints are starting to hurt a lot,  and sometimes I slip into snark without even realizing it, but I will try to be more appreciative of you and of all the devs for doing such a wonderful job on the entire 1.3 update. 

bake him a cake and i'[m sure all will be forgotten LOL