Sign in to follow this  
ozmods

shroud of the avatar

has anyone played this game,

would love to hear what people think of it, I have it on my steam wishlist, but there seems to be a lot of negative critisim of this game. what is your thoughts on this game, worth getting or pitch it?

I play every now and then.  The crafting seems good and is the familiar gather resources, refine and create at crafting stations.  Crafting feels kind of like EQ2 or Rift.  Fighting is about as clunky as Wurm imho.  In fact, fighting is pretty hard.  Each zone is marked by a totem pole of skulls, with higher zones showing greater numbers of skulls.  Stick to the 1 or 2 skull zones at first or you will get very frustrated with fighting.  There are not nearly as many skills as Wurm has.  The top-level game map is a strange overhead isometric RTS style map where you run around following paths to various areas and towns.  Random events will zone you into smaller areas as you move around the game map to experience encounters.  The zone concept really breaks immersion for me and will for you as well, especially if you are used to Wurm's no-zone open world.  Each town is really just a walled zone - and I mean like the old days of rooms (think Meridian59, etc.). Right now, there is an update about every 5-10 days and they are almost always 3 gig or so - yes, 3 gig!  It actually gets frustrating to have to download that much so often, but I will say the updates are loaded with good stuff.  The one truly unfortunate thing I think is the cash shop feature which pretty much makes it feel like pay to win.  But folks claim it isnt as the cash shop focuses on tons (and I do mean tons) of cosmetics.  Housing is pre-built structures that you can decorate with items.  They are very expensive.

All that said, I think the game will eventually be awesome and may one day approach the complexity of Wurm Online.

Hope this helps.

Thanks yeah it does, not sure that i'm going to buy it now though, i prefer open world, and this game doesnt have that... But i will keep it on my watch list and see bow it develops

thanks