Sign in to follow this  
ozmods

cocoa beans plantable

make cocoa beans plantable so we don't have to forage for them. oh and while I'm thinking about it, strawberries don't need to be replanted, they get planted once, and then are harvested once every season,

Edited by ozmods
  • Like 6

+1

While we're at it, berries too.

These are common ingredients, used in basic recipes. I would understand the restriction if the items solely made "end game" food, but they don't.

Yes!  +1.  Chocolate is a food group.  :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ozmods said:

actually cocoa beans grow on trees not in the ground

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocoa_bean

so here is why we should have them as sprouts, then we can harvest them in the right season.

I'd prefer seed form, so that they can be grown all year... whether that be on a dirt tile or a planter rack.

If I have to wait for a Wurm annual harvest cycle, I'll just continue searching the ground for them. Anything is quicker/easier than waiting 3 RL months for a 72 hour window of opportunity to open up.

I'm kinda torn on this.  Having chocolate and all the other things that come out of cocoa beans means that it would make my life a whole lot easier if I could grow them, but at the same time, it's kinda nice that there are some slightly harder-to-obtain ingredients out there.  On balance, I think I prefer having them forage only; a better solution would be to make it easier to forage specifically for beans at higher skill (e.g. add them as a target in the forage->for stuff menu).

So -1 from me.

+1

Mainly, as I'd like to see anything that can be grown in real life, being possible to grow in-game (that is in-game), maybe require higher skill to accomplish it such as having a chance to fail at planting such things, like when trying to craft certain things, they will have a 0% chance till after a certain skill range, could be possible for planting, and tending of such things, would help with the balancing issue some have with it...

bumping this because cocoa is required for the only DFM-based recipe (chocolate milk)