Sign in to follow this  
Joelle

Forum Bugs - Issues since the transition

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/settings/

This link (Account Settings) gives me this error message: 

Site error: the file /var/www/forum.wurmonline.com/applications/core/sources/ProfileSync/LinkedIn.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader to be installed by the website operator. If you are the website operator please use the ionCube Loader Wizard to assist with installation.

Posting and sending PM's is extremely delayed for me. At times it takes up to 3 minutes to go from "saving" the reply to actually posting it.

Stuck on this:

forumdelay_by_bmastock-db0xol4.png

• Like 7

Post count, and liked post count, no longer has a comma to denote the thousands.

I am assuming that the forum is now being hosted by a new server - but where is the info section?  i.e. how many online and how long up and running, time and season, etc ?

Same issue as OP:

Site error: the file /var/www/forum.wurmonline.com/applications/core/sources/ProfileSync/LinkedIn.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader to be installed by the website operator. If you are the website operator please use the ionCube Loader Wizard to assist with installation.

Please fix this. It is already concerning that these forums do not use HTTPS. I am now not even able to rotate my password.

I managed to change my password by logging out and using the "forgot my password" functionality, so that is at least a workaround for anyone else having this issue.

On 3/2/2017 at 2:52 PM, Yldrania said:

Posting and sending PM's is extremely delayed for me. At times it takes up to 3 minutes to go from "saving" the reply to actually posting it.

Stuck on this:

After clicking the button, simply hitting F5 and reloading the page is a quicker fix then waiting.  It actually does submit and save, just fails to refresh for some reason.  F5 and your post will be there.

• Like 3

Hi, sorry, you're probably aware of one or both of these problems but i wanted to be sure.
Can't change profile image, can't access account settings.

Site error: the file /var/www/forum.wurmonline.com/applications/core/sources/ProfileSync/LinkedIn.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader to be installed by the website operator. If you are the website operator please use the ionCube Loader Wizard to assist with installation

Edited by Steveleeb
added error

Submitting a reply to a thread takes a really long time. A lot more than before the forum host migration.

I am looking into these issues, And trying to calculate which is bugs due to the move/new server and which is due to the software update. If it is due to the forums update, I will contact the developers of IPB, If it is due to the move/server I will do all I can to resolve the issue.

As far as the HTTPS issue, We just moved the forums to our own server, so give me a little bit of time to get this setup. Our prior host did not offer us HTTPS support. If you haven't noticed yet, wurmonline.com is already setup with HTTPS. And so, soon.. everything else will be setup as such. . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DarylDarkfire said:

I am looking into these issues, And trying to calculate which is bugs due to the move/new server and which is due to the software update. If it is due to the forums update, I will contact the developers of IPB, If it is due to the move/server I will do all I can to resolve the issue.

As far as the HTTPS issue, We just moved the forums to our own server, so give me a little bit of time to get this setup. Our prior host did not offer us HTTPS support. If you haven't noticed yet, wurmonline.com is already setup with HTTPS. And so, soon.. everything else will be setup as such. . 

uhhh https finally :D

Edited by Sklo:D

On 2.03.2017 at 8:52 PM, Yldrania said:

Stuck on this:

To add on this, both desktop and mobile version of the website is affected by this bug.

Edit: actually, even sending this exact message triggered this bug. :D

• Like 3

On 3/2/2017 at 2:52 PM, Yldrania said:

Stuck on this:

You dont have to wait, you can refresh the page as soon as you hit submit and ittl be there ;) 

Another issue:

I am logging in with my Smartphone => my PC is logged out, then I am logging my PC in again => my smartphone is logged out. So annoying :(

When I reply to a post, I have to clear the editor each time.  Not sure if that is related to the issue with refreshing the page so that my reply posts.

On 3/8/2017 at 0:35 PM, Sklo:D said:

Another issue:

I am logging in with my Smartphone => my PC is logged out, then I am logging my PC in again => my smartphone is logged out. So annoying :(

That is a security feature, due to the fact that your phone and your pc has 2 different IP's

On 3/4/2017 at 5:19 AM, Chakron said:

Same issue as OP:

Please fix this. It is already concerning that these forums do not use HTTPS. I am now not even able to rotate my password.

This should be rsolved. 

8 hours ago, DarylDarkfire said:

That is a security feature, due to the fact that your phone and your pc has 2 different IP's

2-Factor authentication would be a security feature, Email login warning would be a security feature, active session listings would be a security feature.

But this is not a security feature, it doesn't guarantee any additional security in the end.

8 hours ago, DarylDarkfire said:

Is it supposed to do this? Mine doesn't.

7 minutes ago, Joelle said:

Is it supposed to do this? Mine doesn't.

I don't think it is supposed to do that. Imagine this behaviour with facebook, you would have to login each time on your PC again after browaing facebook for a second from your phone.

Edited by Sklo:D

I also just saw that the long delay when writing replies is gone nice work.

17 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

I also just saw that the long delay when writing replies is gone nice work.

I had it literally few minutes ago.