Sign in to follow this  
Brash_Endeavors

Request: Unicorn mod

With unicorns becoming more 'accessible" in so many ways 1.3, I would love to see a serverside mod with the following:

Maybe not all but some possible features:

1) Hitched cart animals stay hitched (might already be something? As I have seen people hitch multiple dominated trolls to vehicles ...)

2) Colored unicorns again, BUT this time in pastels not neon colors (powder blue, powder green, lavendar, etc) either for "conditions only" or as breedable colors

3) Carrots extend tame session for all horse-like creatures (higher quality works better)

4) Oats keep horse-like creatures fed longer than other ways of feeding 

5) Home bred animals become domesticated after X generations,

6) and/or "time spent tamed" or something, so if you can keep an animal tamed 200 hours it becomes domesticated or something-something

7) and/or, "domesticated" becomes a new breedable trait (random chance to get but more predictable to pass on) << may not work with current game mechanics

8) and/or -- new "magic Blessed diamond bridle"   using jewelcraft  keeps them tamed while worn

customizable so server admins can decide which features to enable/disable 

UNICORN LOVERS UNITE 

999999-3417761771006_1.jpg

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

1, bdew mod already do that

Ill make a serverside OldMods version, could you share a list of pastel colors for each condition?

I'll have to check with Journeya as i am sure she has the original color  conditions memorized ^_^ 

if bdew's mod is the one that keeps animals hitched then we probably already are using it here since people seem to keep trolls hitched somehow...

____

Well Journeya just logged off but I found some pictures and info from her 2013 deed:

"  Sly (dark green), Scared (yellow/green), Fierce (red), Raging (pink), and Slow (blue), "  -- I am not sure if that is all them or not.  So probably just extremely "light and faded" versions of those to keep them close to their orignals  

QNTLjjv.jpg

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

Yeah my mod can keeps hitched animals hitched (even if they untame, age, etc.) and pacify aggressive hitched animals.

3 hours ago, Sophorino said:

make a serverside OldMods version

How would that work? And why is it better than client-side? I guess you could add separate mappings for each color and apply different textures or something... 

Edit: I guess it would allow correct colors for creatures that don't show the status in the name for whatever reason?

Edit2: Looking at the code the server can send colors for creatures, so it wouldn't need anything special client side.

Edited by bdew

My wife would be giddy if colored unis were a thing to be enjoyed again by all w/o it being purely a client side thing.

16 minutes ago, bdew said:

Edit2: Looking at the code the server can send colors for creatures, so it wouldn't need anything special client side.

yeah, on the clientside mod i have to override it on com.wurmonline.client.comm.ServerConnectionListenerClass, repaint method since server by default set conditioned mobs a bit white, except for champions.

I generated this color range to determine which tones to use on it, ill end implementing it on the mod to directly choose which tone use for it, or instead use custom colors.

This method will allow people use custom generated paletes likes this, and pick a color from it for each desired condition:

Edited by Sophorino

That sound tempting enough to buy WU now? Is there info somewhere that explains how WU works?