Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Remove meditation path perks on pvp servers till a proper balance patch can be released.

Temp remove meditation path perks from pvp servers ONLY until they can be properly balanced.  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Temp remove meditation path perks from pvp servers ONLY until they can be properly balanced.

• Yes
    • No
    • Other Idea(Please explain)

I fell though not the only issue by far pvp servers face, but meditation is hugely unbalanced currently favoring insanity over all other paths which alone banishes most from standing any chance simply for a 6 month to change decision they made when they choose any other med path while on freedom for useful perk or just a bad decision on epic because you didn't know.  I know the devs have meditation balance in the future plan but my suggestion until that day comes is to temporarily disable meditation path perks on pvp servers only till the day we can properly balance them to hopefully encourage players to join pvp without a 6 month wait for insanity 11.

Some may say sotg helps balance out the large damage that players can deal, that's why I suggest since everyone picks insanity anyways that everyone on a pvp server be given the level 11 insanity buff by default temporarily since it seems to work well not being 3 hit sotg vs sotg.

Any and all other solutions to helping with the new player pvp retention issues are more than welcome in this thread if you disagree with the idea suggested.

Edited by Darklords

Why get rid of the awesome perks of less popular paths like Enchant Grass or Erupt or even Hate bonus and Fear?

What about Epic which currently is pretty much a PvE cluster?

If you people are upset about sotg fix sotg

Edit: or you know... fix pvp all together

Edited by Pidgeoni
  • Like 1

Whatever temp change is gonna be a flustercluck but any change at this point is better than stagnation and neglect.

Id propose the following, double the hit point pool as i've been informed previously that this is static with every other modifier being damage reduction (please confirm as i cant be arsed buying wu). This serves to mitigate the damage players can output. Then instead of looking at further nerfing sotg perhaps look at ways of improving the utility and functions of the other meditation paths rather than outright nerfing. In this case i would also suggest putting in instant path transfers with something like a 1 month cd on transferring again at a future date (youve gotten the skill and the timers once already, why go through it all over again). We just need suggestions on how best to improve the other paths

50 minutes ago, Pidgeoni said:

Why get rid of the awesome perks of less popular paths like Enchant Grass or Erupt or even Hate bonus and Fear?

What about Epic which currently is pretty much a PvE cluster?

If you people are upset about sotg fix sotg

Edit: or you know... fix pvp all together

Fair enough on things like enchanted grass and erupt I'm sure on those few notes a temp fix can be added, my issue with leaving other path parks in is when does 1 stop being the best and how do you not ###### freedom(maybe just disable perks that effect pvp but than you make them useless and force people to the useful pve ones its an endless loop of nope that ######s it up..) in the process currently there is a 6 month barrier(lower time the time maybe, but that effects freedom for chaos which is an issue) which gives you 2x the hp of anyone else regardless of stats can we get some ideas for the short term fix not trying to totally shoot you down you have very valid concerns but I feel they can be handled even if its a totally different suggestion but we need to give devs something to work with in the short term that is simple because the focus is clearly on player retention in general and not a focus on pvp currently if it does not work out it can be easily reverted to as no ones path or level is being changed in any way.

Just for reference I own an multiple sotg accounts across both clusters and I feel even as a person with it that it is just flat broken and the only choice which limits everyone on freedom for chaos as an example from joining just because of that decision and that the devs focus is currently on bigger things for the game in general so we need to give them some easy even if temp fixes to lower the entry barrier into pvp so people can pvp without being required to switch paths(this is more pointed at chaos maybe even just use chaos as a test and leave epic alone). You may well be right this is a stupid suggestion but hopefully we can get find some middle ground to balance things out. We are just clearly not doing well with the current entry barrier and even if its different suggestions we need to do something to change it or we won't ever see the full servers we used to.

27 minutes ago, Postinglels said:

Whatever temp change is gonna be a flustercluck but any change at this point is better than stagnation and neglect.

Id propose the following, double the hit point pool as i've been informed previously that this is static with every other modifier being damage reduction (please confirm as i cant be arsed buying wu). This serves to mitigate the damage players can output. Then instead of looking at further nerfing sotg perhaps look at ways of improving the utility and functions of the other meditation paths rather than outright nerfing. In this case i would also suggest putting in instant path transfers with something like a 1 month cd on transferring again at a future date (youve gotten the skill and the timers once already, why go through it all over again). We just need suggestions on how best to improve the other paths

This is a very valid suggestion, and in the long run they have said they do plan to re balance it but in the short term is is blatantly obvious that they are only able to dedicate small portions of time to pvp balance so we need to keep fixes simple and wait for a full re balance though I would dream of seeing one any day and take it over a temp fix and the stagnation we currently see.

Edited by Darklords

K then quick fix, disable lv11 on pvp , double health across the board, enable enchant grass, freeze/erupt as standard spells 

gooooooooooooood ###### luck getting absolutely anything done to meditation, too many ###### selfish players.

its not op despite 80% of the population being on insanity, right guys? Taking less damage and being impossible to interrupt/stunned with hits is great.

ive said this before, ill say it again. This game is no longer a PvP game, barely one at that with the amount of serious balance changes that come out (hint, ###### zero). PvP is literally in damage control mode because the developers are too scared to make a change that will effect somebody.

In all honesty, meditation has got to be the absolute worst feature with the least amount of thought and planning ever implemented to the PvP side of the game. Farwalkers coming in at a close second.

However i must agree that the current hit pool count is too low and should be doubled, maybe tripled for everyone across the board along with a nerf to insanity that either outright removes the DR benefit, or changes it to below 10%.

Edited by Propheteer

6 minutes ago, Spytee said:

-1 NO

You are lazy to grind meditation?

He has SOTG, on his main, his alt, and his two epic characters. (balanced, remember)

lol what a ###### ignorant reply, people who take this approach to balance are the reason we are in the situation we are now.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 3

+1

also remove sorcery spells and buffs/debuffs, all priest spells (buffs, weapon/armour enchants)

Edited by lolmaster
  • Like 3

not wanting something removed/nerfed more after it was already nearly halved and then received a good change to let newer players start getting it earlier with minimal effort=selfish

wanting it all removed because you don't like it=not selfish

ok

but explain to me the point in removing meditation temp to get rid of sotg if almost everyone has sotg as claimed and then giving everyone more health??

i don't think meditation is the problem for "new players".  almost all paths have useful abilities for lower skill, especially with scaling sotg, but the idea is that they actually can obtain the stuff and it doesnt go away.  They can even win the tome lotto on epic or win the rolls on freedom and get tomes that dont go away. but now they have to gear up, ok, they grinded plate smithing, they made their 70ql plate and their village gave them a weapon/shield and some horse gear.  they even grinded taming to ride hell horses (which should be lowered to 26 bc requirement the same as a unicorn tbh).  fresh over from freedom or a home server/capital, they have their sotg, their gear, their hell horse, they even won a tome or two, now they meet their enemy time to fight.  whats that?  your enemy has rare/supreme horse gear to propel them around super fast, they've got drake or scale (chaos) that lets them run around much faster than you while having stronger dr as your plate gets you wrecked by mauls, or they've got full glimmersteel/seryll (epic) which provides stupid levels of dr as your crappy steel plate still gets you wrecked by mauls.  but those aren't just mauls they're glimmersteel mauls, probably with the best fa casts they can get to maximize your crappy plate's weaknesses. 

i've always seen gear as the blocker which tbh i loved it early days of epic where everyone was in basic chain/plate with iron everything, but now you have to use the top end junk otherwise you're missing out.  the benefit from a full seryll suit is literally greater than sotg.  this is kinda not specifically about meditating i guess but very relevant to the new player topic

-give us iron plate already, the insane benefit this has towards letting new players make competitive armor is 500000x worth it over some imaginary "lol steel market", it's frustrating we don't have it we even have the art already in game..

-cut down the plate speed nerf, who cares if this isn't realistic as we're riding unicorns with dead dragons on our skin

-drop adamantine bonus from 5% to 2.5%, and glimmersteel/seryll/oakshell from 10% to 5% which leaves everything at the same max dr as scale (75%)

-sorry remove oakshell from horses this is just really stupid to have, rare+ gear is fine enough in a way that everyone could make it, but forcing everyone to be a priest to have tank zoom horses with no speed loss? no

-leave meditating grind as is but remove the 3 hour timer stuff so we can attempt for a tick every 30 mins

-max timer to advance in path at any time should be 1 week leaving the path upgrading to actually getting the skill and not some randomly chosen timer, and giving some freedom to swapping paths

-drop champs to 50% dr as a slight balance (and remove the 3 champ per god restriction for cha/epic, just 3 per kingdom is fine)

• Like 8

As much as i'd love something like this as I absolutely hate the meditation system, i'm gonna -1 this

I don't think disabling stuff like this is the way to go

I feel as if something is broken enough for the devs to acknowledge and disable it, they should instead be spending time trying to fix the issue

Otherwise we'll just be left with disabled features that will be gathering dust for godknowswholong because the problem is now pretty much gone

We still don't have two fairly recent features that were disabled on pvp due to balance issues

No underground housing

No working rift items

At this point if they did double the effective health of all players and removed Med perks/Sorcery spells and buffs  i would be happy. It would make newer players far more viable since they are nothing but fodda atm and once they realize that they don't stick around (also make plate give a DR bonus vs players)

The problem i see with removing this is there is it takes away the bridge between the lower end body accounts and the higher since if you have SOTG even on a lower atm you can still compete this change would favor the higher tier accounts making them more overpower well maybe (esp if not increasing overall Effective HP of players vs players), someone tell me if they think that sounds right?

1 hour ago, MrGARY said:

i've always seen gear as the blocker which tbh i loved it early days of epic where everyone was in basic chain/plate with iron everything, but now you have to use the top end junk otherwise you're missing out.  the benefit from a full seryll suit is literally greater than sotg.  this is kinda not specifically about meditating i guess but very relevant to the new player topic

-give us iron plate already, the insane benefit this has towards letting new players make competitive armor is 500000x worth it over some imaginary "lol steel market", it's frustrating we don't have it we even have the art already in game..

-cut down the plate speed nerf, who cares if this isn't realistic as we're riding unicorns with dead dragons on our skin

-drop adamantine bonus from 5% to 2.5%, and glimmersteel/seryll/oakshell from 10% to 5% which leaves everything at the same max dr as scale (75%)

-sorry remove oakshell from horses this is just really stupid to have, rare+ gear is fine enough in a way that everyone could make it, but forcing everyone to be a priest to have tank zoom horses with no speed loss? no

-leave meditating grind as is but remove the 3 hour timer stuff so we can attempt for a tick every 30 mins

-max timer to advance in path at any time should be 1 week leaving the path upgrading to actually getting the skill and not some randomly chosen timer, and giving some freedom to swapping paths

-drop champs to 50% dr as a slight balance (and remove the 3 champ per god restriction for cha/epic, just 3 per kingdom is fine)

I agree with all these changes

improving plate speed would conflict with chain though, so maybe put chain at drake/scale speed?

1 hour ago, Riddic said:

At this point if they did double the effective health of all players and removed Med perks/Sorcery spells and buffs  i would be happy. It would make newer players far more viable since they are nothing but fodda atm and once they realize that they don't stick around (also make plate give a DR bonus vs players)

The problem i see with removing this is there is it takes away the bridge between the lower end body accounts and the higher since if you have SOTG even on a lower atm you can still compete this change would favor the higher tier accounts making them more overpower well maybe (esp if not increasing overall Effective HP of players vs players), someone tell me if they think that sounds right?

well if youre increasing hp for everyone and removing sotg, youre basically making it how it is now, except, those that dont have it can actually participate.