Sign in to follow this  
Tallios

Improve and repair timer fences/walls/floors

I have several issues with buildings and fences in Wurm.

Problem 1:  Fences require 1 unit of rocks, shards, planks.  Yet they only restore a flat 10 damage, and always take 30 seconds.  No skill adjustment, no quality adjustment, nothing.

For a repair:  I suggest the repair is completed like any other item, and will consume quality as the item is repaired

• The amount of quality reduced would be dependent on the construction skill of the repairer.
  • The amount of damage repaired would be dependent on the repair skill of the repairer.
  • The timer for such actions would be 30 seconds - ((10 * repair skill)+(10 * Construction skill))  Allowing for as low as 10 second repair actions.

For an improvement: I would suggest that the improvement process is just like any other.  The primary building material or tools be used.

• Total improved cannot exceed quality of material?
  • Total improvement would be Material QL/ # of primary items in construction. Thus 1 stone brick at 60 quality would at most improve a Stone Fence by 6 points, and will not improve the wall over 60ql in total, however tools would improve beyond that.

Problem 2:  Walls and fences don't always require their building material for repair/improvement.

• Rope fences require planks.  Is built with shafts and ropes.  (planks work with this how?)
  • Woven fences require wood scraps.  Repairs with Wood scraps.  (only problem is you can only get this by making other things.)
  • Round pole fence Low & High repairs with planks, and is make with shafts and nails.  (this should repair with shafts.)
  • Crude wooden fence: repairs with planks,  (this at least makes sense.)
  • Wooden fences:  (works fine as is)
  • Hedge fences:  There is currently no way to improve these fences.  Perhaps a hedge could take damage over time at it's highest growth stage, and this could be reduced by pruning. The hedge could also be improved in a similar way, if it is pruned and on a growth with 0 damage it would improve slightly?

I'm not going to list the stone variants, as I think the list above makes my objections evident.

I want to also take a moment while requesting this change, that this is not all meant to be implemented.  It's a series of request.to make the repairs a little more in line with the rest of the system.  Thanks!

Edited by Tallios