Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Personal Horse - Cross Server

Have an idea for allowing us to take horses cross server.

Allow us to have 1 personal horse either per character or per account.  Like how we can care for an animal, we can have the option for "make personal horse".  This 1 personal horse can travel with you cross server to any server while being led.  There is no way to get another personal horse unless the one  you currently have dies.

Options...

You must have an animal crate to load into the ship (even sailboats) which I'm hoping would help stop losing your horse when crossing servers.  I don't know if leading a horse is the same thing and wouldn't matter so wouldn't need a crate.  Or animal crate would be cool addition anyways.

Maybe have a limit that you must be captain of the boat and leading "your" personal horse and "only" your personal horse can cross server.  It's your personal horse and must lead it cross server.

-1 because the animal transport wishes of the community is more than just that we want a horse to take with us. Some of us have Islands and want to transport other animals, some want to take their hellhorse cart with them while server travelling, one horse would help people that just want to hunt but the game is much more than only for that ;)

A WU mod provides for a Harbormaster NPC which turns an animal into a writ which can then be transported to another server and turned back into the animal.  That mod should be in Wurm core.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sirene said:

-1 because the animal transport wishes of the community is more than just that we want a horse to take with us. Some of us have Islands and want to transport other animals, some want to take their hellhorse cart with them while server travelling, one horse would help people that just want to hunt but the game is much more than only for that ;)

Then your -1 makes no sense, you're -1 because it doesn't reach the full scope [and seperate update] but it does bring a option to the table..

• Like 1

+1, but let's make it a personal animal rather than a personal horse, so you can bring a favourite pet across servers if you want. I think we just need to get the mechanic of animals being able to cross server borders sorted, it doesn't really matter how. That is the main issue here. Then we can discuss which crossing mechanics we want to add, such as leading swimming animals across, loading them into crates, etc.

• Like 1

+1

and if such mod exist then devs got job almost done, just copy/paste

Bump!

Thought about this after sailing to another server to hunt and my horse I keep on a large cart was dead.  Looks like enchanted grass tile went packed and he starved. :(

You can care-for animals on every server(cap based on skill)... next time just CARE for your animals on the server where you like to hunt.

Being unable to lead animals trough borders is the one thing that put life into horse market .. with rifts and hell's easter bunnies eating your horse/s...:mellow:

Your hunting problem could be solved by caring for the things you 'care' for ;)

+1 again for this idea, as long as the animal isn't restricted to being a horse. I just want to be able to take champion dogs across :) Let's make cross-server mechanics happen!