Sign in to follow this  
Audrel

I know it's old news but...

I don't see any real need for snark here.

Audrel, I get you're upset it changed, but if the argument is "it should have been changed sooner" then it's not an argument against the change. Yes it should have been done sooner, but that does not justify leaving it forever, as we move forward we aim to address a lot of old inconsistencies and bugs, broken mechanics and OP things are simply part of that.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Audrel said:

I'm not the one letting things be broken for years before fixing them. They were told about the player gods day one. It took them how long to do something? But hey, if you came to my hospital, your ambulance would follow the terrain and the back end would not be underground going down hill.

In my line of work I am facing this issue which features should be called bugs/broken/wrong and which not. So far nothing was broken, saccing garlic was a window of opportunity. Why hurry to change mechanics everyone seem to love and hate is revolving only around biased jealousy? Also it is nice they decided to modify this particular feature and I agree with devs on the choice of how it was changed. Current feature is now our reality.

It is also understandable that the change was a boost to some, and a nerf to some. Some skills need to be worked on in order to restore the productivity that was lost in nerf scenarios, but theres nothing but smiling in boost scenarios.

I do respect the reality that being on the nerf side ought to cause dissatisfaction.

• Like 1

Retro, the original post was snark. I was told I should put </sarcasm> around it. I figured it would be noticed to be snark. I guess I figured wrong.

Things change. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I sit forever thinking something is so obviously OP that I don't jump on the bandwagon and run with it because it's obviously not intended. Using obviously not intended things is exploitation. But then they go unfixed and I give in. Suddenly, I am invested in something that even I complained was OP and broken and those complaints go ignored for months or even years. Now it's OP and broken.

Yeah, it makes me upset. Because I get shouted down for saying something against it, so. I give in to it. Then I get shouted down for being against the change to it that I said months or year ago after being told to shut up about getting it changed.

• Like 1

Audrel, I once stumbled on bug which allowed new toons within their first 24h of "online time" to create items without the skill/5 restriction, basically making it possible to grab 99ql iron lumps and spam out 99ql horse shoes (with very low probability to succeed making a 99ql one when skill cap was 20... but was possible anyways.)

So I reported it and personally refrained using it.

Waited 1 year, made new toon and tested it. Bug still there.

So instead of reporting it, I talk to Rolf directly. It got solved.

I dont know about other people, but old garlic saccing is kinda amusing "as a problem" in comparison to something as drastic as what I found, and that drastic thing sit there for one year.

And this example is not alone in my sleeve of discoveries. Just like with any complex software developmnet and limited developer time, there is certain priority delay in addressing things which tend to be sorted by their "known severity". So you see, "known" part of it is making things appear as if nothing is being fixed even though theres multiple devs working 8 hours a day on the codebase.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Retrograde said:

but if the argument is "it should have been changed sooner" then it's not an argument against the change

Isn't that what all the discussion about a windows of opportunity is about, kinda?

A bug, or "unintended feature" that's around for a while gives those that exploit it an unfair advantage over those that will come after them (or those that avoid exploiting).

• Like 1

Just be thankful you dont have to make ropes... lol see you when you have 98 RM and still only avg 45ql cordage.. chopped veg is still seriously op

• Like 2

On 2/22/2017 at 4:48 AM, Ayes said:

A good policy to quote posters in certain instances if you want their words to remain pertinent for all to see should they decide to completely delete their post contents. Usually I find it not necessary for general chitchat. Up to each to decide of course what is significant.

=Ayes=

I've actually taken the time to edit my posts and delete something I quoted when I noticed the author had deleted their post.

If someone wants to take something back, who am I to deny them rights to their words?

On 2/22/2017 at 8:37 PM, Angelklaine said:

Or just do the unthinkable and level your cooking skill. 

Inconceivable!