Sign in to follow this  
Audrel

I know it's old news but...

I cannot begin to tell you how thrilled I am that my 99QL vegetables give me 88QL chopped ones because my sacraficing is now linked to cooking instead of farming. I thought I would tell you how much better my priest's life is these days.

• Like 1

Friends quit over this system, it's based on your cooking skill unfortunately.

• Like 1

Like ropes are based on your ropemaking skill, and yoyos on toymaking, and locks on locksmithing.

I fail to see the major issue here, production goes from raw material > refinement process > result for all priests, bar nahjos who still get around 6 favour from a 100ql garlic without having to do anything other than pull it out of the ground.

• Like 4

Just now, Retrograde said:

Like ropes are based on your ropemaking skill, and yoyos on toymaking, and locks on locksmithing.

I fail to see the major issue here

The issue is that it was tied to farming before and now it's not. But whatever. I didn't expect you to answer in any other way.

• Like 2

Retro, can you please comment on the issue I'm having? I'm mad at you no matter what and your answer will not change that. Please post so I can quote your message and add some passive aggressive hate. Thanks!

The original post was aggressive. Your point, Captain Obvious.

And I quoted him because he changes posts and it doesn't show they were edited.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Audrel said:

And I quoted him because he changes posts and it doesn't show they were edited.

A good policy to quote posters in certain instances if you want their words to remain pertinent for all to see should they decide to completely delete their post contents. Usually I find it not necessary for general chitchat. Up to each to decide of course what is significant.

=Ayes=

38 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I fail to see the major issue here, production goes from raw material > refinement process > result for all priests, bar nahjos who still get around 6 favour from a 100ql garlic without having to do anything other than pull it out of the ground.

I think the average cutting a 99ql corn or veggie at 1 cooking should be higher though. Right now it cuts into a 1ql or something dumb. Maybe add "cutting" skill to the game instead of making cooking the required skill. All the other things you mentioned are based on a skill. Maybe if you get level 30 in that skill you produce 100ql. Cheesemaking works that way currently.

Personally I think cooking isn't exactly the easiest skill to level, a lot of us are still not sure what is optimal to raise it, a lot of the information isn't publicly shared.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 1

You can create up to 3 or 4x your cooking skill, so raising it raises the cap pretty quickly. It operates exactly how you say it should.

You wouldnt be making favour at 1 skill, and it doesnt take long to get 30ish skill with cooking.

Cooking is easier than rope making, faster than lock smithing, and i think toy making doesnt even need to come into the question.

Spammed thousand of chop actions and had less than 5 come out under 100 ql so not sure how you are having so much trouble with this. 

• Like 2

Ugh, the original crop sacrificing was horribly OP.  The rebalance was necessary.  The only problem is that it took so damn long to happen!  The compromise is much better than I'd hoped, and having my veggies go from 98ql to 85ql when I chop them really isn't a hardship - so I need to sacrifice 1 extra chopped corn, big deal.  A high ql, woa'd knife makes short work of them.

You guys know that if you are nahjo, you dont have to chopp the veggies. As long as it is a potency 2 (I think) healing cover mat you can still just sacrifice it and get the same favor as an equal ql chopped veggie.

At 30 cooking I chop the 91ql garlics to around 95ql. It is really working much better than I was afraid at the announcement. Did not convert my Nahjos.....

I think it would be based off your tool QL + your cooking skill. I'm 47+ Cooking skill, and chopping my veggies up with a 71-72 QL knife gives me a range of QL's. (77+ Farming) I don't think I've ever got a 100 QL out of it...unlike my baking where I'm 44 ish skill and can make 99 QL toasts without a problem...

9 hours ago, Niki said:

Friends quit over this system

people seriously quit over vegetables?

• Like 8

I think it's fine the way it is. You can literally improve the quality of the veggie about 11 levels by chopping it. If your cooking skill is too low, panfill 6k breakfasts and done.

• Like 1

You haters asked for a Nahjo nerf, and you got it.  Now deal with it.

• Like 3

Not me, Wargasm. I was on the "You left it for ages as it was, knowing random was random, and couldn't bother fixing it until random random became exponential with a pantheon of random and we're supposed to eat it because you let RNG make priests instead of taking the time to handcraft them?" bandwagon. Kind of glad this is a game and not a hospital. You would bleed out before someone put a bandaid on you.

• Like 1

We've seen these types of comments several times over the years. There have been times where I personally haven't been in favour of a specific change. The reality is that most of the changes have been made to rebalance the mechanics either because they were sub-optimal or to incorporate new features. This is what happens when developers add content and attempt to develop the game further.

There will always be winners and losers but the Devs don't sit in a darkened room dreaming up ways to annoy people, they are adding features and tweaking the game to improve it in the long run and are doing a damn good job of it in my opinion.

• Like 3

You've losing just over 10QL for doing something you lack skill in?

Might I suggest ropemaking as a better alternative, then?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Audrel said:

Kind of glad this is a game and not a hospital. You would bleed out before someone put a bandaid on you.

Kind of glad I aint in the hospital you running, I would bleed out after having stitches and bandaids all over other places.

1 minute ago, Raybarg said:

Kind of glad I aint in the hospital you running, I would bleed out after having stitches and bandaids all over other places.

I'm not the one letting things be broken for years before fixing them. They were told about the player gods day one. It took them how long to do something? But hey, if you came to my hospital, your ambulance would follow the terrain and the back end would not be underground going down hill.