Sign in to follow this  
Elsa

*Close Please*

The worst i know with deeding near building that is from a old deed, is that you have to wait forever for they to decay away. Or its a building that you likes very mutch and want to keep it...

So i thought why not have a system that make it possible to take over building from other players when they been inactive lets says 3-6 month? 

That would be more nice and fun (?).

Edited by Elsa

No! There is already an advanced off deed decay mechanic that greatly increases it when a player has not logged into the game for around 40 days. Then if you also put perimeter over it you prevent it from being repaired. This is sufficient to allow a deed to eventually and inevitably over time to destroy any house in the way of its expansion. Patience required.

Beyond this, now way should any player be able to "take over" a house that another has built unless on their deed already. Pity the poor immigrant that might loose their home over the mechanisms of the greedy landholder, which by the way already exist in the ways that I have mentioned.

=Ayes=

• Like 4

Personally if it is on ur deed, then there should be a mechanic for such.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Elsa said:

So i thought why not have a system that make it possible to take over building from other players when they been inactive lets says 3-6 month? 

I'm guessing this idea won't get traction, but if you want to try exploring its possibilities: increase that time to 1 year.

It's a must. People definitely care about finding their houses after a break within an year.

If a player is inactive for an year or more, at least that's long enough to expect to not find it. Lets say there would be only few buildings that might still be alive. Most of cases and the patience required would be under.

However, I don't see how things could work even so... because whatever mechanic you'd imagine should interact meaningfully with those already in place. Lets say you like a building and decide to try to get it. You won't put it in your perimeter, because it'd get increased decay. You just wait. But then, what's to prevent someone else to perimeter over it and make sure it dies anyway?

Well, and the obvious question: what is that building that you'd wait one year for?

No.

I thought of adding "except for taking over buildings with 1 or more decayed walls", but then there're many that are intentionally never finished.

in a perfect world where there lived no sharks, it might be a good idea.
nice enough intention but

+1

Mayor wants to have ownership of abandoned building to MANAGE it.

If anyone afraid that mayor would exploit it to get items from the house then is mistaken.

If mayor want the loot he can just set up catapult and catapult 1 wall in 2 minutes tops. At least on epic, do not now how it works in pve.

Edited by Wilczan

I'm going to go out on a limb here:

Players vanish for long periods of time; if their home were seizable too soon then when they come back they'd have an even harsher re-entry.

However, I have also seen houses left to moulder for years with no re-occupation and since they are on deed they never decay thus blocking off part of that deed forever.

A middle ground is to allow the house to be claimed if on a deed by the deed mayor iff

1.  The player has been gone for at least 3 months if they have no premium at the time of going inactive

2.  The players premium has run out 3 months ago if they have premium time left when going active

So if a player vanishes with 1 month left of premium his home is unclaimable for 4 months.

Its a reasonable enough time that re-entry is not going to be harshly disbarred, but short enough that most deed owners won't ragequit before it comes up.

I can see an argument for allowing this for a building that is already on a deed, but for off-deed buildings?  Hell no.