Sign in to follow this  
Griffith

get rid of keys?

include whatever is left that uses keys, like bsbs, fsbs, chests, etc, into

permissions settings and get rid of keys.

or make a keyring which has been suggested before.

• Like 1

Maybe just let us discard keys. Then people who need to make copies can do so, and the rest of us can quickly get rid of them.

• Like 4

The only viable use for keys anymore is remote sale of horses through merchants. Sell keys to locked pens on a merchant for the price of what's inside, and it makes merchant sales of horses and bulk goods much more convenient.

Unless this method of trade is replaced, I don't want to see keys leave the game entirely.

Edited by Joelle
  • Like 5

*agrees with Thorgot*

Devs should just put a *discard* option on keys same as logs, rock shards and such. Actually it could benefit a lot of items. Well, to their demise anyway.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ayes said:

*agrees with Thorgot*

Devs should just put a *discard* option on keys same as logs, rock shards and such. Actually it could benefit a lot of items. Well, to their demise anyway.

=Ayes=

DO NOT PLEASE DEAR GOD, put a discard option.  Just allow them to be smelted or thrown away in a trash heap.  I've had way to many times I'm working with logs and I end up clicking on discard because the menu doesn't fully open.  The discard option has no timer, so there is no chance to cancel the action.   Please think these things through.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thorgot said:

Maybe just let us discard keys. Then people who need to make copies can do so, and the rest of us can quickly get rid of them.

sacrificing them always works, but fair point. 

An easier method to get rid of keys maybe, but not the wholesale removal of them no. I am still quite oldschool and have keys for all my locked containers/vehicles, and would like the ability to keep it that way.

• Like 1

fyi making key molds is best way for noobs/etc to start grinding locksmithing, so best to keep the ability to make keys in there

not sure its worth adding discard as you can just pop hundreds of keys in 30 seconds with one altar and some satchels or other containers

• Like 1

On 2/21/2017 at 0:39 AM, thorgot said:

i discard mine into the vyn altar and click sacrifice, works every time

• Like 1

the idea was to remove them altogether from the database as they seemed to me pretty useless.

but as Joelle and Gary mentioned they still have a couple of uses i overlooked. Maybe to lower lockpick

required skill to make to 0 skill to remove requirement for grinding lockpicking at lower skill.

But i dont know how to get around the trading horses part. So it seems it would still have at least one valid

use after all that.

Edited by Griffith

We could remove them from crafting process, so we get only lock.

Then just add crafting item: UNFITTED KEY

Person who can manage locked cart/ship/door/container or any locked object in general, can activate unfitted key and right-click on object and choose: "fit key".

From now on this key opens only this lock and cannot be fitted anymore.

As an addition, key can have name: key to the <object name>. So if we fitted it to door named "Kitchen", then key gonna be "Key to the Kitchen". So when we change name of the object, key will be renamed automatically.

There should be an option to fit any number of keys to locked object.

But what if the lock will be removed from the object? Then there could be few options (don't know wich should be better):

- key is destroyed automatically

- key is turning back to unfitted key

- key stays somehow connected to the removed lock (not object), but that would be probably too complicated.

• Like 1

If you want to remove anything from the crafting process i suggest the left-over/scrap iron from making rivets might be a better target.

5 hours ago, Niki said:

sac them, now the keys are gone.

Sacrifice is not possible for those who have independent characters that do not "follow" any Wurmy gods. All are not of the same mind in their Wurm pursuits or beliefs.

18 hours ago, Tallios said:

DO NOT PLEASE DEAR GOD, put a discard option.  Just allow them to be smelted or thrown away in a trash heap.  I've had way to many times I'm working with logs and I end up clicking on discard because the menu doesn't fully open.

Better then a system that works for all like *discard* or for those afraid to use it maybe instead let them just be dumped into trash heaps and dissolve like other objects in there. Let's just not make some convoluted method of disposal exclusive to some characters or some other tedious type of process involving a lot of time.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ayes said:

Sacrifice is not possible for those who have independent characters that do not "follow" any Wurmy gods. All are not of the same mind in their Wurm pursuits or beliefs.

Those people can drop their garbage in the nearest altar and someone else who is a "follower" will sacrifice it. :P