Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Hey Devs, Why raid if all the loot is on un-tauntable merchants or alts

You want the rewards for destroying somones deed to be higher so people want to destroy them more?

2 minutes ago, Riddic said:

But if the catas/trebs got a fix wouldn't that make raiding alot faster?  Not sure what your complaining about now

Would not address merchants or safemines in any way, usually where the loot is if its not on an alt, which still makes raiding pointless.

The mechanically easier raiding is, the less damage they need to do to accomplish their goals. The reason deeds are so destroyed now is because it is -REQUIRED- to make ANY PROGRESS IN ANY FORM in the raid.

Edited by Propheteer

Isn't raiding a way to create pvp acording to you?

If the goal of the raid was to remove the deed then with a cata/treb fix that would be alot more doable

Yes safemines are harder to get into but they should be, its how the deed is rebuilt (providing a tractor crew hasn't come through your deed and leveled it)

Just now, Riddic said:

Isn't raiding a way to create pvp acording to you?

If the goal of the raid was to remove the deed then with a cata/treb fix that would be alot more doable

Yes safemines are harder to get into but they should be, its how the deed is rebuilt (providing a tractor crew hasn't come through your deed and leveled it)

No, i actually said raiding =/= pvp, but I would like it to create pvp. If you want it to do that you need reduce the stacked odds in favor of defenders, and encourage actual defense instead of logging off in a safemine.

My goal is also to make it less required to destroy entire swathes of the deed to progress, as its unhealthy for the game, but to bring back the old style of raiding where you just pop in and pop out.

If you are the defender on chaos as a rule the odds are pretty stacked yeah.. but not in the way your implying

5 minutes ago, Riddic said:

If you are the defender on chaos as a rule the odds are pretty stacked yeah.. but not in the way your implying

What do you mean in the way im implying? I've only ever had ONE DEED in 10 years be successfully raided while i was defended it, and it was because the deed was very poorly built, very poorly designed, had no materials on the deed itself, and a lot of doors weren't even locked.

Sorry was referring to the state of their kingdom as a rule if they are being attacked the odds are stacked in the other kingdoms favour, didn't mean it to sound like it was easier to raid than defend.

----

You really think people will just pop in and out with it being made easier?  (to cata/treb and remove safemines/merch) *IMO that will give people more reason to stay level/bash into everything if its nice and fast and make sure they get all of the loot left laying around lol*

Easier to wreak everything a small group of people built cause they put all their loot in 1 place, TC grief tunnels and theres no loot there if everything is easy to destory you really think people will restrain themself out of what? goodwill? Reminds me of whats going on Ark survival evolved atm with Super tibres being able to cross servers and loot smaller ones with ease its pretty much cancer for that game and is killing servers and player numbers really fast.

This is the point it comes off hollow for me too as part of a now smaller active kingdom makes it look like i just don't want these changes due to that.... at least I have little to no plans of cata/trebbing and still +1 that   :P

• Like 1

If you steal everything everyone has over there, then noone will keep anything there but chain armor.  I don't think that is what you wish to accomplish either.   Then you will be upset that people can take things off wild and move it to freedom.  I guess I just do not understand why you need to demolish a deed or take everything someone has in order to pvp.  I'd think you might want to actually engage in a fight with someone.  That isn't what I see coming from this.

• Like 3

I agree with the fact that the reward for raiding has to come from somewhere other than everything a person owns. Given the real money value of things in the game, there should be some security for that person. We can't be online 24-7 to protect our investments, so the game mechanics should provide for something while we aren't online. I agree, however, that alta shouldn't be it, and neither should be merchants. Safe mines, however, shouldn't be touched.

One way around this should be motivating players to put more money in the tokens. I gave some examples earlier. There are many things that can be done to make land desirable, and conquering enemy deeds should always make your kingdom stronger.

game has been fine for years, and every time someone makes a "waaah its too hard thread" like this one.. they do something silly and make the game worse, as they've been doing the past year or so now.

I disagree. Change, while temporarily upsetting is still far preferable to stagnation , a state in which wurm finds itself. Provided that they are carefully monitored many of the changes could potentially be of benefit to the game so long as they are added individually and not as a job lot

Edited by Postinglels
My phone sucks
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pashka said:

If you steal everything everyone has over there, then noone will keep anything there but chain armor.  I don't think that is what you wish to accomplish either.   Then you will be upset that people can take things off wild and move it to freedom.  I guess I just do not understand why you need to demolish a deed or take everything someone has in order to pvp.  I'd think you might want to actually engage in a fight with someone.  That isn't what I see coming from this.

This.. I don't understand it either, what the OP wants to accomplish. Yes, devs could make breaking into safemines easier or give a way to steal stuff from merchant.. that would simply result in people not keeping their stuff there as it is not secure any more. Also I don't see the logic behind "we take all your stuff, it will be good for PvP". It happened in Sparta, recently it happened to MR, but besides creating lot of drama, nothing good came from it.

• Like 2

Too bad the thread descended into another around of accusations and counter accusations.

It addresses a critical concern on the abuse of merchants and characters for storage (which to be 100% honest I do it myself too... technically its not illegal atm afaik :ph34r:).

However... I fail to see how making breaking past defenses easier and faster is going to actually resolve such issues. Sure you might catch some goodies out in the open easier; however, I personally don't allow such windows with the really good stuff. That's the whole point of storage alts (my storage merchants have reasonable prices set on them, so I win either way.)

So-called solutions are going to have a much wider impact.

The storage deal has been one of the longest running social issues in Wurm. Easy answers would have come up years ago.

Situations like 100% safemines have already been addressed many times in the past by devs coughSpartacough, so personally that's a nonissue.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

Locking this thread, staff have had a chance to respond as per the original post.