Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Hey Devs, Why raid if all the loot is on un-tauntable merchants or alts

Twitter is a problem, but disabling it wouldn't do anything because people can just make an IRC channel that does the same thing, no?

Maybe it used Twitter to work, I don't know for sure.  I just know it's a thing.

Edited by Oreo

16 minutes ago, Oreo said:

Twitter is a problem, but disabling it wouldn't do anything because people can just make an IRC channel that does the same thing, no?

Maybe it used Twitter to work, I don't know for sure.  I just know it's a thing.

The irc thing uses twitter, pretty sure anyway.

Yeah twitter for deed alerts needs to go too. Ontop of that locate soul on the condition the maps made a little smaller if there were a new map.

Also if you make a new map please ask Notch to do it even though he's a billionaire living in LA now. Him and Rolf are still pals right?

• Like 1

PLEASE remove twitter. 
Jesus christ deeds should be incentivised to be lived in, not having an alarm is an incentive to live at your deeds, so they don't get dumpstered while you're not taking care of them

• Like 1

I'am not an expert in catapulting, probably my experience in it is slightly above average, but I catapulted things many times and do not see any big problems with it.

Catapaulting by myself rather fast, cannot imagine what could be done with 10-15 people catapulting in the same time. Walls should go down very fast.

Just now, Wilczan said:

I'am not an expert in catapulting, probably my experience in it is slightly above average, but I catapulted things many times and do not see any big problems with it.

Catapaulting by myself rather fast, cannot imagine what could be done with 10-15 people catapulting in the same time. Walls should go down very fast.

were you catapulting like fences on flat ground or something by chance?

2 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

Terrain height makes catapulting very hard, as does multiple floors on a building, all of which are used in deed defences on pvp servers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Soil said:

were you catapulting like fences on flat ground or something by chance?

Buildings mostly or tall fences, often on some different angles and different height differences.

But probably didn't occured this level of difficult wich can happen on advanced deeds with pits etc.

My fav times are when the shots land on the tile with the wall, it gives me a message saying I hit the wall and it does no damage to the wall 5 shots like that later.

+1 to any and all cata fixes and +1 to removing twitter from kingdom deeds I do like and don't want to see gone the global server feeds like epicserv1-4 and wildserv1 as they are more of a catch up while you where logged off on important events.

Edited by Darklords

And one more thing-  please make the object being catapulted like 400% bigger so we can actually see it when it goes wayyyyyy up in the sky.

I think we should just make it so that if you walk on deed, the deed goes into a "siege" status, and all minedoors/doors unlock for the raiders, so they can freely walk in and loot everything :D  then raiders can be happy! and more fun!

• Like 4

IIRC JK had a IRC bot where some dude had alts from every village online on their pc and it would read the logs nd post to IRC if a village alarm was raised. It wouldnt make much difference. Remove any ingame messages when alarm is raised and it'lll be fine

Edited by Redd

18 minutes ago, Redd said:

IIRC JK had a IRC bot where some dude had alts from every village online on their pc and it would read the logs nd post to IRC if a village alarm was raised. It wouldnt make much difference. Remove any ingame messages when alarm is raised and it'lll be fine

That might still have been twitter, also i did keep a fighter or prem alt at pretty much every frontline deed mine and yes they were both stupidly easy ways of preventing raids

Edited by Postinglels

I'm sorry if the following is just a stupid thought of a freedomer caused by lack of sleep (and i am falling back onto a pillow right after clicking "Submit Reply"), but what if:

a solid portion of PvP players would prefer legal and intended safe enclosures for all the stuff they value, and then loot to be 'full' only to some extent or even PvP to be mostly done in safe / "conditioned" zones like Arenas or Battlegrounds or CTF or some other kinds of ###### they do in other games? Instead of open-world hardcore. If there's such portion, you'll never come to agreement.

56 minutes ago, Redd said:

Yes because everyone should be able to raid deeds unopposed while people are sleeping. Or force people to be on deed 24-7 so they can physically witness everything going on. Or make sure all kingdoms spread their 10-15 players across all time zones on all deeds so attacks can be physically witnessed.

Yup. Let's do this.

It's pretty depressing being able to tell instantly if a thread will be a shitshow or not

It's even more depressing when you can tell it'll be the same few people causing the shitshow and shitposting

anyways, there's too much ###### surrounding deeds and raiding so I don't think just a few changes will fix it, especially not since there's already a lot of cancer built up

just rework the whole thing and put it on a new server

come up with a way for epic/freedom accounts to move between clusters with their skills intact while you're at it also pls thx

2 hours ago, Redd said:

I believe you're referring to Rotab's website, which used alts which basically posted the kingdom and GL chat logs, and also used a IRC module to do statistical stuff on the logs, but it didn't actually use IRC at all, just some clever programming to feed the normal logs we all generate from Wurm chat channels through some Perl modules normally used in IRC eggdrop bots.

There wer rumours of it's capabilities but it was only really a publicly available log of the kingdom and GL chats from the various servers he had alts on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Redd said:

Twitter would tweet whenever someone popped the deed, you then use a twitter account that retweets everything from the accounts he follows, and you have it post it in an irc channel.

basically how it works.

8 hours to raid a deed with 1 person defending. Not sure if you are talking about leveling a deed or just going in for a drain or wanting to just take everything not nailed to the ground. I'd agree we removing things like token pits that can't be hit by catas or trebs but all you seem to want is any and all loot on the deeds.   Easier access to safe mines/tauntable merchants, longer Log out timers for alts/players.  If players are already to scared to be outside of deed when they aren't roaming, now you seem to want to make deeds themself ripe for the picking?

If this was about land control.... theres plenty of free land since MRC disbanded and now that token drains stack untill disband (if drained within 48 hours) if a strong enough kingdom wreaks on a deed it will fall.

The Crusaders have no interest in loot... just want pvp...

Hmmm ok.

5 minutes ago, Riddic said:

8 hours to raid a deed with 1 person defending. Not sure if you are talking about leveling a deed or just going in for a drain or wanting to just take everything not nailed to the ground. I'd agree we removing things like token pits that can't be hit by catas or trebs but all you seem to want is any and all loot on the deeds.   Easier access to safe mines/tauntable merchants, longer Log out timers for alts/players.  If players are already to scared to be outside of deed when they aren't roaming, now you seem to want to make deeds themself ripe for the picking?

If this was about land control.... theres plenty of free land since MRC disbanded and now that token drains stack untill disband (if drained within 48 hours) if a strong enough kingdom wreaks on a deed it will fall.

The Crusaders have no interest in loot... just want pvp...

Hmmm ok.

It's currently near impossible to raid a deed with anything in it, and in order to raid a deed with anything in it you are encouraged to do as much damage as possible because you need to do things like remove a 2x18 longhouse to make any progress. It's just the way the game is, and it shouldn't be.

I know you, or anyone in JK wouldn't be able to drain our deed within six or seven hours with nobody online. I'm not sure what to tell you.

Theres nothing worth spending 16 hours to raid anymore, there will be no loot, and the drain isn't worth it. Plus 16 hours is just absurd.

Edited by Propheteer

If what you where asking for was for catapults/trebs to be reworked so pits/slopes had no effect on range/hit/miss  then id +1 that in a heartbeat.

Instead I read give me loot and remove reinforced mines from the game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Riddic said:

If what you where asking for was for catapults/trebs to be reworked so pits/slopes had no effect on range/hit/miss  then id +1 that in a heartbeat.

Instead I read give me loot and remove reinforced mines from the game.

That was one of the things i asked for, literally Retrograde asked me what would i change, and i threw out a bunch of suggestions and then said to not add all of them to the game because it would be too easy, but to find a few that are well liked and well tested to implement. It's on page one.

Edited by Propheteer

Yes and the only one I'd say doesn't come off as the largest kingdom asking for corn tribuets from the smaller ones lol.

IDK it just seems to me that if raiding is dumbed down and the current "meta" <--- (people love that word, did i do it right?)  it really only benifits the strongest kingdom and asking as that kingdom requesting that comes off hollow.  Def +1 to fixing cata/trebs as for the rest... yeah na.  

I say this as someone with no alts or merchants on chaos.

Edited by Riddic

Just now, Riddic said:

Yes and the only one I'd say doesn't come off as the largest kingdom asking for corn tribuets from the smaller ones lol.

IDK it just seems to me that if raiding is dumbed down and the current "meta" <--- (people love that word, did i do it right?)  it really only benifits the strongest kingdom and asking as that kingdom comes off hollow.  Def +1 to fixing cata/trebs as for the rest... yeah na.  

I say this as someone with no alts or merchants on chaos.

We'll, ill sit here and wait for someone to ask you to raid only for you to tell them it takes too long or is too boring, like most people who are never in favor of raiding mechanics changes.

But if the catas/trebs got a fix wouldn't that make raiding alot faster?  Not sure what your complaining about now