so the new horse shoes (silver, havent tested the gold ones yet) are created using the jewelery smithing skill, but are imped by using the blacksmithing skill. is this working as intended or is this a bug ?

Can the storage unit have the shelves be given distinct names, like the larder? It just looks better to me.

Also the shelves don't match the wood type of the unit. I made mine out of cedar and the shelves are birch.

49 minutes ago, Galadhel said:

so the new horse shoes (silver, havent tested the gold ones yet) are created using the jewelery smithing skill, but are imped by using the blacksmithing skill. is this working as intended or is this a bug ?

Ohh, second this question.   Would be neat if they are supposed to imp with JS skill

1 hour ago, Niki said:

I really was hoping we could ride these untamed you can't even lead them untamed either :(

Good news.

Ditto on hoping you could ride them untamed! Makes travel on them dangerous and not useful as horses/hellhorses are. Still riding a unicorn for fun though. ^-^

• Like 1

Bugfix: Wand of the Seas will now correctly form an island when used.     LMAO was not a bug till now thanks for playing

• Like 1

Apart from the look of the new items, which is great for more variety, I guess I will be the party pooper and say the following:

I have been waiting to equip my unicorns forever.  Now we can equip them and ride them only when tamed, so mobs will aggro on them off deed.  Taming them to ride them offdeed will be a no no, as I will forever be at risk of potentially having my five speed, fully equipped, unicorn killed if I decide to get off and pick a flower in the forest.  If we still can't brand them, they can also be stolen.  You can't risk hitching them in a cart and leaving the cart anywhere off deed or in a non enclosed area, as they will randomly unhitch when they go untame, again, risking losing them.  Since we can only have one animal tamed at a time, you really can't use them in carts, because if you tame and untame animals all the time you will not ever keep your uni in your cart as it will run off.

Alchemist cupboards containing only 2kg of a dye colour at a time? Apart from the looks, they are not really useful. Next.

Storage units to keep fishing poles and saddles but not slow decay?  I may build one when bored one day but it will serve no purpose to slow decay so in the mean time the saddles and fishing poles can lie in the rafts in the wagon and rot, same as they will sit in this unit and rot.

I am talking as an entrenched freedomer, so I guess there will be pvp reasons for the unicorn decisions etc.    However in the same week as not getting a Valentine present and noting that the snowballs in the larder is already taking damage to the extent that they will probably not last until next winter, I was probably a bit disillusioned before reading the updates.

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 3

1) tamed creatures are targeted far less since updates that reduced it, they're viable mounts and you wont have every creature jumping you.

2) the alchemists storage is designed to store small scraps of liquid that would wind up with a lot of wasted wax sealing kits, if you have more than 2kgs of one dye to store then a barrel becomes more viable.

3) The storage unit slows decay as any other normal container, it does not provide a boosted decay reduction like the larder and the alchemist's storage. Containers already slow decay, and this offers much more appealing storage options than a large cart parked in a house.

Valentines was a one off present, and not a continued event that we've ever aimed at continuing, while we do have plans for future events, valentines was not one of them.

We are looking at expanding the feasibility of unicorns without bypassing their role as a higher tier creature than horses and creating another hell horse cart issue down the line.

Oh and whats this about not branding them? [09:39:54] The aged unicorn makes a horrible sound as you press your branding iron against it.

• Like 3

Goes really slow with 2 people still. Will do a speed test later.

181040_will_and_niki_on_unicorn2_460x342

7a49c697222baf8e53bb296a00903e8d.jpg

Edited by Niki
  • Like 1

Just now, Retrograde said:

Of course it does, two people are heavy

William is just fat I think :P

Loving the storage unit, by the way. I'm very pleased to move everything out of the storage wagon. The shelves look more at home than a wagon in the middle of the workshop.

Out of curiosity, how does the decay rate of an item on the shelves vs in a raft in a wagon compare? Assuming both are in a house on deed. Better? Worse? Equal?

Edited by Darmalus

Hope you will make something for storing tall banners :P they are curently nightmare to store :(

22 minutes ago, Darmalus said:

Loving the storage unit, by the way. I'm very pleased to move everything out of the storage wagon. The shelves look more at home than a wagon in the middle of the workshop.

Out of curiosity, how does the decay rate of an item on the shelves vs in a raft in a wagon compare? Assuming both are in a house on deed. Better? Worse? Equal?

equal, they both count as in a container.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cartier said:

Bugfix: Wand of the Seas will now correctly form an island when used.     LMAO was not a bug till now thanks for playing

1.3 changed how planted items decayed, and wand of the seas was affected by those changes, the bug has only existed since 1.3 and thus hasn't been noticeable, was only found by confirming code for kingdom influence and such.

3 hours ago, kochinac said:

Hope you will make something for storing tall banners :P they are curently nightmare to store :(

Mine will continue to live in my storage knarr....