Sign in to follow this  
thorgot

Remove refresh effect when meditating on a low QL rug

Right now I occasionally get full food when meditating on a low QL rug. Before 1.3 this was a fun little bonus, but now it's definitely a drawback. When my food bar gets filled, that's a ton of food affinity time I am suddenly missing out on.

My suggestion to fix this is to only get the refresh on rugs above QL50. Or even better, remove the refresh chance entirely, anybody who has enough meditating to regularly get the refresh will be far more interested in using their food bar for temporary affinities.

To give you an idea of how annoying this is, I was dedicated enough to have over 95 meditating from before 1.3 and will not be meditating for skill at all until this is changed.

• Like 5

+1 to setting it to only work at a certain rug quality, -1 to removing it completely.

• Like 1

I still like to see the refresh ticks also from skiller rugs.

-1, id rather see some other work around for it.  its nice to get food full when you already have ccfp full to not waste food, or if a newer player/alt is meditating or doesnt care about ccfp its nice to get a quick fill

On 2/16/2017 at 11:29 AM, MrGARY said:

-1, id rather see some other work around for it.  its nice to get food full when you already have ccfp full to not waste food, or if a newer player/alt is meditating or doesnt care about ccfp its nice to get a quick fill

This doesn't affect new players. With a QL1 rug I have a 2% chance of getting a refresh tick. With a QL10 rug someone with 50 meditating has a 0.1% chance of getting a refresh tick.

With a QL90 rug, which I use for for getting the question to advance and I used to use for food before 1.3, I have almost a 50% chance of getting a refresh. People who use meditation to avoid eating are using high QL rugs for this reason, this barely affects them too.

I'm welcome to other ideas, but punishing players for grinding a skill seems like a bad feature. How about if exquisite rugs above QL50 still allowed you to gain the refresh?

Edited by thorgot
typo

Or even give the player a choice on whether to accept the refresh or not rather than an automatic refresh

• Like 3

Why not go the other way and have it fill all bars as well as food/water?

Unlike the refresh ability its not something you get often and it would take the sting out of the meditation grind a little.

13 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

Unlike the refresh ability its not something you get often and it would take the sting out of the meditation grind a little.

That wouldn't help. I'm talking about the lost skillgain thanks to the unwanted refreshes. CCFP is pretty easy to keep maxed.

3 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

I disagree, before 1.3 this was how i ate at all, if i was low food id queue some meds on a good rug and within 1-3 meds id have full food. Its really not uncommon.

because you know its not like there's not ways to remove/empty your food bar or anything :^)

Bump. I meditated a few times on my QL1 rug last week. I got a refresh.

Until this is addressed, it is a debuff for skillgain for every skill for me to try to gain meditation skill.

Bump for the meditation rework.

It's been more than 5 months since I've tried to gain meditating because of how much it messes with skill grinding with 1.3 food affinity mechanics. After many years of studious meditation grinding this skill is now closed to me if I want to grind any other skills.

• Like 1

me's confused... so confused... all that cooking fuss and people fill hunger bars with meditations that strip skill gains to none..:rolleyes:

Bump. 9 months since I stopped meditating every day because of how negatively meditating affects my skillgain.

+1 I absolutely HATE it when I get a refresh medi tick. my ticks are so small anyway (0.022 With Affinity meal + SB) and a refresh tick is even smaller (0.007 With Affinity meal + SB) and it prevent me from eating affinity meals for quite some time.

If I want a refresh I will sac a rare.

Refresh happens too often, I agree it should now be removed since it ruins the management of food levels needed for affinities. Alternative: a proper way to throw up.

+1 It's silly to be handicapped by a supposed 'bonus' 

Recap of possible fixes suggested so far:

1) Limit refresh to 50+ql rugs - OP

2) Make it optional (i.e. dialog window pops up giving choice to accept or reject refresh) - Rhianna

3) Provide way of rapidly lowering food level at will - Jaz

Edited by Gwyn
  • Like 2

Why not simply having the meditation refresh tick only affect the nutrition level (taking it to 99%) and leaving the food bar as it is (as empty as it was before). That way you get some benefit and you can still eat affinity food. Or if you feed yourself through meditation, you can eat all the junk you want for food and then go to 99% nutrition with a successful meditation.

Edited by Erlindur

32 minutes ago, Erlindur said:

Why not simply having the meditation refresh tick only affect the nutrition level (taking it to 99%) and leaving the food bar as it is (as empty as it was before). That way you get some benefit and you can still eat affinity food. Or if you feed yourself through meditation, you can eat all the junk you want for food and then go to 99% nutrition with a successful meditation.

Nah, when you meditate hours after hours for questions, the food refill is handy. I still think, that this is sorta pseudoproblem, especially now, where old players(who actually are most affected by this feature) probably all have food in their storage, which fills all ccfp bars in one-two bites.

May sound like a dumb question.

Can't you eat your meals before meditation? So when it's over it won't fill ? Yeah, you may lose a minute or few while waiting for the tick but problem solved. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brew said:

May sound like a dumb question.

Can't you eat your meals before meditation? So when it's over it won't fill ? Yeah, you may lose a minute or few while waiting for the tick but problem solved. :)

That's not a dumb question, Retrograde suggested I do the same thing. The problem is that it takes hours for my food to drop down to the point where I can bite 5 or 6 affinity meals, which is how many skills go up when you grind most skills in Wurm.

Essentially, the choices for people with high meditating are all bad, and the least bad is to not grind meditating once you have all the meditating powers. All I'm asking for is for another choice that doesn't prevent anybody who wants refresh ticks from getting them but lets people who want to grind effectively to also grind meditating at the same time.

• Like 1

This happened to me too and I had to be punched with a maul to fix the problem... We are living in the age of abundance :P +1

• Like 1