Sign in to follow this  
Amadee

[FIXED] Larder-to-Oven...sometimes meals disappear w/accelerated decay

I've been noticing for some time now that sometimes when moving a meal (high ql meal with zero dmg), from the larder to the oven to heat it up, the meal just poofs.  I waited to post this as I wanted to watch it for a while and see if I could figure out what's actually happening.

A couple days ago, a curry meal with zero dmg didn't poof but immediately took 94+ dmg upon landing in the oven.  Today, an 80 ql meal with zero damage landed in the oven ok, still had zero dmg, but while I was waiting for it to heat up & my attention was elsewhere,...when I looked back, no meal in the oven.

So I'm guessing that either my larders aren't always showing accurate damage on the contents (which wouldn't necessarily explain the one that was ok at first today), or food is "catching up" on dmg that was delayed by the larder, or probably something else that hasn't occurred to me since I'm generally clueless on anything having to do with programming.  lol.

So I decided to go ahead and post this today since watching any longer probably won't enlighten me any.  :)   Haven't seen anyone else complain about this so no idea if anyone else is experiencing it.

Thanks for the post.  I'm going to add this to the list, hoping that a reason is clear to a dev.  Do you happen to know how long the meals were in the larder?  A day, a week, a few weeks?

• Like 1

Sounds like that's probably what happened to my milk the other day, Ama. I bet that in the 1 1/2 minute I had that barrel unsealed, it got a decay tick.

I just happened to be lucky and only get 1-2 ticks. Sounds like your meals are getting pummeled with a half dozen ticks or more.

Edited by As_I_Decay
  • Like 1

I understand why this bug happens. Decay multiplier (timesSinceLastUsed) is calculated based on the current container the food is in by way of getDecayMultiplier(). Larders have a huge decay multiplier of 21. Move that to anything else and that value drops down to 1.

In other words, let's say you take food out of the larder right as it was about to take a decay tick. It would then take 21 times more damage. That's the worst case, but even a few times normal damage renders food unusable.

In my opinion, larders shouldn't multiply the time between decay ticks by decay multiplier but should instead divide damage by the decay multiplier instead. That way food won't suddenly take massive damage when you take it out of the larder.

• Like 2

On 2/15/2017 at 11:31 AM, Alectrys said:

Thanks for the post.  I'm going to add this to the list, hoping that a reason is clear to a dev.  Do you happen to know how long the meals were in the larder?  A day, a week, a few weeks?

Can't swear to it but could very well have been older meals.  I made so many in the beginning, (experimenting :) ), that it's possible they were some of the older ones.

• Like 1

Don't know if this helps but had it happen again tonight and it's definitely an older one.

70.56 ql with zero damage. Watched it tick from zero to 93.53 damage within 10 seconds of putting it in the oven and it turned rotten.

[17:42:18] A spicy yet sweet meat curry, with the heat tempered by coconut milk. It is very warm. This has a medium nutrition value. Made by Amadee on Luck day, week 2 of the starfall of Fires, 1063.

Today is [17:42:37] It is 03:09:59 on Wrath day in week 1 of the Bear's starfall in the year of 1064.