Sign in to follow this  
Nordlys

More spesific music

Im sure there is some old topic about this somewhere in the forum underground, but i take my chances on creating a new one.

Different sounds to different terrain, zones or even servers would have been awesome.

Wurm music has as long as ive been playing been quite random, or atleast not spesific to tasks, doings, terrain, zones or servers. Its the same few tracks that randomly appears, and sometimes there can be quite some time without any music at all. Its understandable that there has to be a pause in the music some times, or else the few tracks would have been even more uninteresting.

My suggestion is:

1. First add some new music - one track to each server. As of right now, i sometimes cant tell the difference in the servers. Maybe this could help! :)
  2. Add zone or terrain based music. We already have different ambient sounds to some terrains (mountain, sea and others). Why not add some immersive music to the different terrains?
  3. Add soundtrack to different zones on every server. This is a huge job and would for sure cost some coins to be done. In return the game would feel much more alive and interesting.

I guess i have to add that you ofcourse could turn on and off the music from the ingamte settings menu. This should've been done years ago. For some reasons some people like to play without sounds and music. :ph34r:

Good examples (fantastic examples in another spoiler inside):

Fantastic examples:

Edited by Nordlys

Dont know why the two spoilers dont want to be separate. I got tired of linking all the youtube-links, so that would have to do. :P

I grind without music, sail without music, create without music and do everything basically without music.

BUT if I could head to a tundra/desert/steppe/whatever to hunt and have an option to hear some nice immersive music while doing so I'd be pretty glad.

Considering how useless music is in wurm (everyone is doing something irl while reclicking the same button a few times every minute or so) it seems like a bit of not-so-important work that may draw attention from the important stuff like advertising for instance, however it would be nice to not have to open a 3-hour long music mix on youtube in order to go hunting.

+1

-1 I love almost all the Wurm music, and the fact that it's not constant or specific. I find combat-specific music, for example, on other games to be really annoying. I wouldn't be against new songs, and it does seem like we've had a few thrown in in the past year at least. 

1 hour ago, NeeNee said:

..and it does seem like we've had a few thrown in in the past year at least. 

Nope, nothing new the past year, or years. :)