Sign in to follow this  
Jonydowy

Canal in cave,water bug

So,i have made a cave and inside i want two canals,one of them is going from south to east and the other one south to west  they form like a semi circle but there is a bug with the water..

Here are the screenshots of both canals:

-you can notice that the south west canal has the water in a straight line and the other one has it in zigzag way..which looks weird and not nice.

-has anyone else noticed it and if so is there a fix or is it a game code problem?

Please let me know.

South-west canal:

Spoiler

xDcuqzE.jpg

South east canal:

Spoiler

z0vlBMG.jpg

EDIT: I did a test outside on dirt and it looks ok..it is south east like the one in the cave.

Spoiler

fLczunS.jpg

Pictures with unstable client where you can see better graphics and how the cave floor liks like on both canals:

Spoiler

F8AqGtr.jpg

Spoiler

uD9KJkY.jpg

Edited by Jonydowy

it is mined the same as the other one,i rechecked the tiles 4 times

EDIT: i just did that,it makes it the same..zigzagg

Edited by Jonydowy

This is more of a rendering engine limitation than a bug. You can see it in many places where there are slopes and diagonals involved.

The problem is that wurm renders tiles as 2 triangles... 2 diagonal corners are used as a shared base (i think those are NE/SW, but it might be the other pair), and the 2 remaining corners form the apex for each triangle.

Now if that base lines up with what you're trying to do - it looks correct, but if you rotate everything by 90 degrees you get that teeth effect.