Sign in to follow this  
Whylack

Body Temperature

Hello there guys. Recently after a few winters I came up with an idea of body temperature. The feature would add a little more survivalish taste to the game. Below I will present what I would love to see and how would everything work.

-Body temperature increases/decreases with certain seasons

-The wind would decrease/increase the body temperature within time

-Water and diffrent drinks cool the player down or make him warm (depends on drink)

-Standing inside a finished structure would make the temperature drop slower

-Standing near fireplaces, ovens, forges (lighted) would make the temperature increase

-After dropping below a certain temperature or raising it too high player would take damage

-Wearing certain clothes would either decrease the temperature or increase it (For an example cloth hoods and stuff on the desert and wearing furs at winter)

Also! The newbs could get a perk that temperature will not hurt them for the first wurm year so the game would not beat the potatoes out of thier sacks.

You get the idea. Tell me what you think about it in the comments!

Edited by Whylack
forgot about 2 words

48 minutes ago, Whylack said:

so the game would not beat the potatoes out of thier sacks.

First time I have heard that phrase. You don't need to explain what it means.

This would be good for a separate "survival" server mixed with the biomes idea. I don't think it would work well force imposed on current servers.

Body temperature may sound as great idea, but ...

In 7days2die, when they introduced body temperature. It leaded to dying most of players repeatedly. Later majority learned how to live with switching clothes twice a day or even more often. But still it is source of most complains and most common reason for noobs dying ...

Need to say, they implemented it nicely in single one patch. I do not want even think, how badly it could be implemented into Wurm. What amount of patches, fixes and fixes of fixed fixes it could be in Wurm.

I say NO, thanks. When I want to play with body temperature, there are already nicely working sandbox alternatives. No need to turn Wurm into ruins ...

Edited by Zakerak
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zakerak said:

Body temperature may sound as great idea, but ...

In 7days2die, when they introduced body temperature. It leaded to dying most of players repeatedly. Later majority learned how to live with switching clothes twice a day or even more often. But still it is source of most complains and most common reason for noobs dying ...

Need to say, they implemented it nicely in single one patch. I do not want even think, how badly it could be implemented into Wurm. What amount of patches, fixes and fixes of fixed fixes it could be in Wurm.

I say NO, thanks. When I want to play with body temperature, there are already nicely working sandbox alternatives. No need to turn Wurm into ruins ...

Ya, I remember the first time I played 7d2d, I started ina  desert, the heat killed me before I even saw a zombie.... Was rather annoying.  Would be terrible in Wurm.

+1 for WU servers but - 1 for WO.

I'll say the same as the last time this was suggested: 

On 21.1.2017 at 11:34 AM, Yldrania said:

I believe that this might be a good change for veteran players who are well set up, but with Wurm already containing a very difficult system for new players, I believe that cold would only add unnecessary stress to the already complicated art of surviving in Wurm as a new player. Clothing isn't necessarily super easy to make as a new player, and it isn't a premier focus upon beginning to play the game. There are plenty of challenges that await in Wurm, and cold would make things unnecessarily hard.

Due to that, I need to give this a -1.

Edited by Yldrania
  • Like 1

If it were implemented as a mild thing, I would love it. With a huge newbie buff. 

About the 7daysToDie temperature problem - it got fixed :) Now you no longer need to swtich clothes all the time (it got balanced somehow).

On 21.01.2017 at 3:48 PM, zigozag said:

Thanks, we have enough to care about.

On 13.02.2017 at 3:37 PM, Zakerak said:

When I want to play with body temperature, there are already nicely working sandbox alternatives. No need to turn Wurm into ruins ...

Wurm is a great game that requires a lot to survive in the harsh environment, but as soon as you get even a little piece of your own land there is no more threat of any sort. I get it - veterans want to keep watching this goddamn timer 24/7 without worrying about anything, but what about new players?

Back in time when Ive started playing Wurm I had this feeling that the game itself requires unbelievably much to survive. Everything was cool till the moment I realized that as soon as you build yourself a 2x2 house you are pretty much out of things to worry about. New players get bored because of the way Wurm is meant to be played. As soon as you manage to build yourself a shack the game turns into watching the action timer simulator.

New players can simply get an early game buff - something like a cold protection or whatever. You get the idea. Saying that " in 7D2D temperature was killing players " is such an idiotic argument.

Wurm needs something more than never ending grind. Otherwise the community will stay on a level of 500 people during the most crowded day.

• Like 1