Sign in to follow this  
Voxden

Game is crashing whenever I start it up!

How can I fix it, it crashes after loading screen!

I get this message(below.)

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x000000006a2e76f0, pid=556, tid=0x0000000000000e00
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_121-b13) (build 1.8.0_121-b13)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.121-b13 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [atiogl64.dll+0x12b76f0]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

Edited by Voxden
forgot to include this stuff

Sorry i did not see this before.

It is crashing on the ATI/radeon drivers.

It would be helpful to see the ENTIRE error log, as well as the console log too (which gives me some info on your graphical adapter hardware and the current driver it is using)

If you decide to try updating the driver, be sure NOT to use Windows Update as that just slaps in an old DirectX generic driver and claims it is the very best option. What you usually need to do instead, is update through ATI.AMD for their newest RADEON drivers (which are more friendly to OpenGL games), try here for that: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

If changing drivers using the ATI/AMD site does not fix it, then be sure to include the FULL hs_err_pid AND console.log files. Sometimes the file is on desktop though I usually find mine in the Wurm folder. Hollar if you need help 1) finding them or 2) posting them

I assume the game ran fine in the past until just recently? USing this exact same computer and hardware?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Sorry, this was made awhile ago and forgot it, I was busy with many other things so I didn't stop to think everything through posting it. The ATI/radeon driver issue explains much since I got one, but it seems to have resolved itself for the moment. I took steps to ensure it won't happen next time, I am sure it will not happen for awhile. Yes its ran for quite some time without issues to, but that was the first hiccup I had on this one.

Thanks for the insightful post tho, I will follow those instructions next time I get an error.